What's new

Pakistan’s 4-day internet shutdown was the final straw for its tech workers

I've no idea "who" they are or whether or not are they "terrorist sympathizers."
Then why would they lie if everything was hunky dory, according to you, someone who can speak with authority because he works from home.

Either those people are all lying. Or those people don't exist in the first place and the traitorous newspapers are lying.

And frankly, who gives a hoot, heh!
Of course not. As long as their DHA enterprise goes on. Screw those freelancers.

The key thing to remember is that every cause has an effect. And blaming the effect, without so much as mentioning the cause, is downright moronic... as far as I'm concerned!
It's all about perspective, isn't it? I say May 9 was the effect.

Allow me to put into words you can actually understand:
Please don't. Let's stick with your favorite epithets bub and cupcake.

If I've a belly ache due to eating rotten food, should I blame myself, the rotten food, or my immune system?
Perspective, my dear fish, perspective.

Hira who?!

Let's see if I can find f**ks to give about her statement.
Nope, no dice!
@Mirzali Khan , "I don't personally know who the person being quoted is, or who any of the tens of thousands affected are, therefore, it's all good."

Tech workers are very easy to relocate. Wait for October elections and the sense of second class citizenship in middle class and the long term effects will be very hard to over come. Some people have now literally burned the city just to further their personal interests.

you honestly think that the "powers that be" care at all about anything?
they are just trying to satisfy their hurt egos

Only social media was blocked, cupcake.

And there are ways (cough... VPN... cough) to counter such arbitrary social media blackouts.

Now, things would be a LOT different if they'd actually blocked internet access i.e pulled the plug.

P.S I work from home so I think I can speak with some authority here.
We have such short/selective memories :(

They did pull the plug as well. Remember with no mobile broadband, home delivery services like foodpanda and daraz were impacted.

I say May 9 was the effect.

Was the 'cause' perpetuated by the common man?!

Sure, causes can have effects... but effects can have consequences.

Question is, did your 'Supreme (cult) Leader' cared about the consequences of his actions on the common man when he ordered the blockade of streets and unleashed his 'Youth' / Cannon Fodder into the cities?

The crazy 'Youth' burned down houses, shops, motorcycles, cars, even a mosque... who's to blame?!

Why all that randi rona about the quote/unquote "internet blackout" but not a tear about any of this?

It's all about looking at the big picture, bub.

Let's stick with your favorite epithets bub and cupcake.

But I like cupcakes?

I don't personally know who the person being quoted is, or who any of the tens of thousands affected are, therefore, it's all good.

By that logic, we should believe in the fake news peddled by Godi Media without bothering to use our braincells and looking at the big picture ourselves?

Last edited:

And there are ways (cough... VPN... cough) to counter such arbitrary social media blackouts.

Now, things would be a LOT different if they'd actually blocked internet access i.e pulled the plug.

abay bhai, a lot of people in remote areas or small towns and even in cities rely on 4g, and it was shutdown completely. ptcl internet speed was severely throttled. you couldnt access youtube even, so there goes digital content creator earnings, and also limited the ability of people like me who use it for tutorials. kis dunya main rehtay ho?

Tech sector should look for greener pastures.

Al Jazeera also has a lot of authority lol.

according to formation commanders conference's press release the public are with army and the support is growing.

inn ki alag he dunya hai, mulk jaaye bhaarr main.

More likely due frequent electricity shut down due to Pakistani difficulty in acquiring coal, LNG, oil. As we know, even Bangladesh also has some problem on it despite its gov has better financial capability.

Pakistan should try shutting down the GHQ for a week to see how well the economy functions.

The mafia political elite and their pea-brain generals are entirely responsible for the loss. the tragic thing is not a single word of regret or acknowledgement about the loss to economy comes from either the ruling politicians or the pea-brain generals.

No worries. To hell with people. Maryam Nawaz is happy

Pakistan should try shutting down the GHQ for a week to see how well the economy functions.

The mafia political elite and their pea-brain generals are entirely responsible for the loss. the tragic thing is not a single word of regret or acknowledgement about the loss to economy comes from either the ruling politicians or the pea-brain generals.

The problem is the generals hide behind bloody civilians for carrying out thier dirty work, now the mad generals have gone rogue, they couldnt care less about the economy, let the bloody civilians pick up all thier trash, but as we speak nobody can save the economy now.

Back
Top Bottom