What's new

Pakistan's 32 Nuclear plants to produce 40,000MW

Which country makes four Nuclear power plants on a single site and violates the safety regulation of International Atomic Energy Agency?

Beside the above, a country like Pakistan, which is on IMF's Extended Fund Facility ( borrowing 425 percent of quota) to pay back the previous loans, pulling out such rabbits from their black hat seems incredible yet entertaining...

Bro

Are you a nuclear engineer by any chance?

Bro

Are you a nuclear engineer by any chance?

In order for me to find the deepest part of ocean = Mariana trench, I would not plunge into it - Its just a mouse click away!!!

There are people who can separate the chaff from the grain, and there are those who can't!!

In order for me to find the deepest part of ocean = Mariana trench, I would not plunge into it - Its just a mouse click away!!!

There are people who can separate the chaff from the grain, and there are those who can't!!

Sure.

Based on your mousee mousee mouse clicks,

Would you start telling ocean divers (with years of experience) as to how to dive in deep oceans?

Would you say that your mouse clicks are a good replacement for the years of experience needed to design and construct plants?

Please let me know.

Bro

it has been around for a while.

china will fund, and Pakistanis will pay.

Right now we pay huge amount of money to import petroleum products for our plants.
what is the time frame for it's compleition?

I must say that nuclear energy is not only clean, but it is also safe, reliable, durable and competitive. Nuclear Energy is a compact, reliable sustainable energy source that reduces carbon emissions and increases energy security. So Yes Nuclear Energy is the solution to energy crisis of Pakistan and this can only be possible by having more nuclear power plants.

that's good !!!!!!!!!

Sure.

Based on your mousee mousee mouse clicks,

Would you start telling ocean divers (with years of experience) as to how to dive in deep oceans?

Would you say that your mouse clicks are a good replacement for the years of experience needed to design and construct plants?

Please let me know.

If you flip your omelette number of times, it starts burning black...
And precisely, this is the smell I am getting NOW, from this dialogue..
Have a good day.

the total installed capacity of electricity generation of pakistan itself is 21,103 MW and by constructing facilty of 40000 MW facility what you are going to do ?

There is no moral justification for depriving Islamabad of uranium at a time when many other countries, including India, are getting uranium from Australia,” "Since we cannot trust others for availability of basic fuel for running nuclear power plants, Pakistan has always inserted a clause in its agreement with China for ensuring lifetime fuel supply for nuclear power plants.”

However, people are exaggerating concerns regarding radioactivity near nuclear power plants. “There is more radioactivity in air flight from Islamabad to Karachi than in living next to a nuclear site,” Says chairman PAEC “In fact, in the case of Islamabad-Washington flights, it caused radioactivity for more than 20 years.”

The PAEC chairman also maintains the K-2 and K-3 will pose no threat to marine life including fishes and other species. “There will be a limited effect on fish; we’ve already conducted different studies to ensure minimum threat to the marine life.”

Unlike traditional sources of energy like solar and wind that require sun or wind to produce electricity, nuclear energy can be produced from nuclear power plants even in rough weather conditions. They can produce power 24/7 and need to be shut down for maintenance purposes only. More over Nuclear power plants generate power less expensively than wind or solar power plants. Both solar and wind require large areas and both are sporadic, producing electricity only when the sun is shining or the wind blowing.

Energy resources are imperative for the economic growth of any country. In this sense, the generation of nuclear power is one of the finest ways to support a country’s energy security. Pakistan is in dire need of electricity because the crippling energy crisis in the country is a larger threat than the war on terror. One of the best energy supply options is nuclear energy, which is the cleanest source of energy, and is also important for numerous other reasons.
To overcome the current energy crisis in the country, Pakistan has broken ground on what will be the country’s largest civil nuclear power plant in Karachi, which is being built with help from China. The Karachi plant will be Pakistan’s largest nuclear power project, with a production capacity of 2,200 MW. Despite international constraints, the nuclear energy programme in the country is progressing slowly but steadily.

People are exaggerating concerns regarding radioactivity near nuclear power plants. “There is more radioactivity in air flight from Islamabad to Karachi than in living next to a nuclear site. Despite facing various kinds of embargoes to obtain nuclear equipment, Pakistan will continue to develop its civil nuclear capability in a bid to diversify its energy mix and overcome power crisis. Pakistan is now using third generation nuclear equipment and that is 500 times safer as compared to the equipment installed in Fukushima and Chernobyl where nuclear accidents took place.

Back
Top Bottom