What's new

Pakistani Shalwar Kameez versus Indian Kurta Pyjama, Afghanistani Perhaan Tumbaan mentioned

Pakistani female attire has pretty much transitioned to Indian style kurta pajama
Nope, it was a fad years ago.

That said there are several Shalwar Kameez styles too.

Baloch style being the sexiest.

Indian "Kurta Pyjama" is used only on very formal occasions in most of India. Or else people upto lower middle class wear pants and shirt and below that wear dhoti/loose pants and shirt or any similar regional variant.
Every Pakistani has several such suites in his closet.

images (48).jpeg

Last edited:
The original kames partug or shalwar kameez is afgjan/persian origin. This dress was also shown to our Prophet SAW and He admired and liked it. The main advantage of kames partug is that its comfortable, you can run in it and you can also ride a horse in it comfortably, hence afghan and persian warriors preferred it. Its also elegant and can be used in formal events as well. I think there is no better dress than this in the whole world.

View attachment 932336
I hate the Shalwar Kameez with Western collar. It looks so retarded.

I only have Shalwar Kameez with Mandarin Collar or Stand-up Collar.

The original kames partug

I say Khat partoog. I didn't know others called it kames partug.

View attachment 932336

Baloch wastkat is fire.

Pakistani Men's Shalwar Kameez:
SK23133-TL_3_1024x1024.jpg

Afghanistani Perahan Tumbaan (Shalwar Kameez)
Inside_The_Old_Terminal_Of_Kabul_International_Airport.jpg

Indian Men's "Kurta Pyjama"
Mens-Kurta-Pyjama.jpg

As a Pakistani I always say "Shalwar Kameez." Never Kurta Pyjama that is Indian. lol

@Areesh

This is what Afghan men wear. I wear this and Shalwar Kameez.

s-l500.jpg

il_794xN.4758464726_5i7o.jpg

Baloch wastkat is fire.

s-l500.jpg

I wear Shalwar Kameez Amir Adnan or Gul Ahmed styles.

Junaid Jamshed is a good brand as well.

Shalwar kameez, is designed to be worn as a loose fittings clothes, and goes very nice in modest colour nothing outrageous like in bright colours. sadly I do see some Pakistani community in London wearing looks like ugly Indian leg tights and ugly kameez nothing like I described and in awful gay bright colours. Off course shalwar kameez in its original format is not made for Indians & Bangladeshis they can not pull it off it looks terrible on them unlike our Kashmiris Bros in IOK who glow and Rock in it .

Shalwar kameez, is designed to be worn as a loose fittings clothes, and goes very nice in modest colour nothing outrageous like in bright colours. sadly I do see some Pakistani community in London wearing looks like ugly Indian leg tights and ugly kameez nothing like I described and in awful gay bright colours. Off course shalwar kameez in its original format is not made for Indians & Bangladeshis they can not pull it off it looks terrible on them unlike our Kashmiris Bros in IOK who glow and Rock in it .
The Indian style specifically is called Churidars.

I would NEVER wear churidars. lol

Indian Churidar Kurta
71src3P37XL._UL1500_.jpg

I prefer loose clothing, since Islam says to dress modestly.

Men's Shalwar Kameez:
FG0001942CLDDANCER1.jpg

Last edited:
The Indian style specifically is called Churidars.

I would NEVER wear churidars. lol

Indian Churidar Kurta
71src3P37XL._UL1500_.jpg

I prefer loose clothing, since Islam says to dress modestly.

It’s a macho looking clothing shalwar kameez when worn correctly. I see lots of Arab brothers copying and wearing shalwar kameez these days . That Indian guy looks ridiculous

It’s a macho looking clothing shalwar kameez when worn correctly. I see lots of Arab brothers copying and wearing shalwar kameez these days . That Indian guy looks ridiculous
Churidars is usually associated with Indians. But Churidars originates in Lucknow I believe.

I would never wear churidars since it is associated with Indians. Nor would I wear Pyjamas either.

I wear only and say "Shalwar Kameez Strictly" as it is a Pakistani and Afghanistani dress.

Last edited:
Kurta pajama is also an Islamic dress. It’s another one of those things belonging to Muslim culture that have been handed over to India on a silver platter.

BTW, the words kurta, pajama, shalwar, qameez are all Persian.
True, but Pakistani and Afghanistani Muslims wear "Shalwar Kameez" strictly.

It is Indian and Bangladeshi Muslims who wear Kurta Pyjama or even Churidars. lol.

The original kames partug or shalwar kameez is afgjan/persian origin. This dress was also shown to our Prophet SAW and He admired and liked it. The main advantage of kames partug is that its comfortable, you can run in it and you can also ride a horse in it comfortably, hence afghan and persian warriors preferred it. Its also elegant and can be used in formal events as well. I think there is no better dress than this in the whole world.
Plus the its most suitable for the oppressive heat of the subcontinent, rather than the tight skinny jeans plaid dress shirt that is the standard affair in India these days, standard issue sanghi battle dress. No wonder Indians are so uptight and emasculated of late.

Baloch wastkat is fire.

s-l500.jpg

Yup Pakistani pashtuns call ot kames partug. That afghan dress is wore by afghans mostly, never seen Pakistani pashtuns wear it. Its too fancy and shiny for our taste. Though the punjabi kurta with some embroidery is getting common, especially in wedding events.

Plus the its most suitable for the oppressive heat of the subcontinent, rather than the tight skinny jeans plaid dress shirt that is the standard affair in India these days, standard issue sanghi battle dress. No wonder Indians are so uptight and emasculated of late.

Yes an important aspect is the heat too. Shalwar kameez offers nice ventilation, i mean what human can survive in a jeans or other tight clothes in the 45+ degree heat of peshawar.

Yup Pakistani pashtuns call ot kames partug. That afghan dress is wore by afghans mostly, never seen Pakistani pashtuns wear it. Its too fancy and shiny for our taste. Though the punjabi kurta with some embroidery is getting common, especially in wedding events.

Yes an important aspect is the heat too. Shalwar kameez offers nice ventilation, i mean what human can survive in a jeans or other tight clothes in the 45+ degree heat of peshawar.
Exactly Indians have no self-respect. Why copy Western fashions, lol.

Not even China does that, or at least China respects their culture.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom