What's new

Pakistani rupee sinks to record low against dollar

When your imports are more than exports, in that case rupee fall will always brings more difficulty for the economy.

Which is why I mentioned:
A capable administration will be able to translate this low PKR value into FDI.

It will require a lot of work on the energy sector, terrorism will need to be addressed quickly and some major infrastructure projects will need to be completed within the next 2-3 years...

Development of local industries like automobile among others will reduce reliance on imports and possibly contribute to exports.

A capable administration will be able to translate this low PKR value into FDI.

It will require a lot of work on the energy sector, terrorism will need to be addressed quickly and some major infrastructure projects will need to be completed within the next 2-3 years. High interest rates plus development will help in boosting Pakistan's economy.

Otherwise we are looking at another PPP-PML(N) gentlemen's agreement where the Pak economy can go to the dogs.

Very well said and very succinctly you addressed the troll bait with a genuine response!!! Currency Devaluation can be a huge opportunity if utilized well...

Which is why I mentioned:

Development of local industries like automobile among others will reduce reliance on imports and possibly contribute to exports.

Right now FDI in Pakistan is extremely low.

But that is where the opportunity lies mate. Large young population, low barrier for investment (if the topic of terrorism is addressed) is an ideal mix to attract FDI and finally bring about a services or manufacturing revolution. I see this as an opportunity, as long as they get a stronger central government...

Economy and terrorism is the major worry of Pakistan. Hope people get serious about these issues rather than offering and asking for protection of Indian actors.

This is a paradox, the idiot you're referring to in the second sentence is the same one who is a major worry as you say in the first

I don't understand why Pakistanis have this irrational import useless foreign stuff which they obviously can't affor fetish.
I mean most overseas Pakistanis I know make every effort to buy Pakistanis produce and import Pakistani stuff around the world, yet the Pakistanis in Pakistan won't stop buying Sri lankan tea, Indian saris and afghan dry fruits and whatever's

But that is where the opportunity lies mate. Large young population, low barrier for investment (if the topic of terrorism is addressed) is an ideal mix to attract FDI and finally bring about a services or manufacturing revolution. I see this as an opportunity, as long as they get a stronger central government...

*more honest central govt

What is the inflation rate in Pakistan ?

It's bearable. Still single digit.

Exacty my point; we desperately need FDI in the shortest time-frame possible. Terrorism, energy-shortage, poor infrastructure and corruption are the main reasons behind Pakistan losing out on FDI and development to other countries in the region.

We already have a low currency that can translate into FDI-magnet if applied correctly. But then, there are several hurdles in the way and those are the ones we need to address urgently.

The economic condition of Pakistan is very troublesome but there is opportunity in every obstacle. We just have to identify the proper way to transform problems into solutions.

Instead of seeking aid from US, Pakistan can easily negotiate for FDI from them for helping them in there fight against terror.Americans hold the biggest market share in the world. Even a small amount will be a boon for Pakistan Econom

It's bearable. Still single digit.

You mean retail inflation or wholesale inflation. i'd be surprised at retail inflation being any lesser than 15% (it is around 17% in India)

You mean retail inflation or wholesale inflation. i'd be surprised at retail inflation being any lesser than 15% (it is around 17% in India)

From where did you get this figure of 17% ?

Infact it is around 10 %

Instead of seeking aids from US, Pakistan can easily negotiate for FDI from them for helping them in there fight against terror.Americans hold the biggest market share in the world. Even a small amount will be a boon for Pakistan Econom

No my friend, we are definitely not seeking aids from the US. Even though they are trying to export a lot of it to others :P

Pakistani exporters must be rubbing their hands with glee! :yahoo: Less competition from rivals too as their stuff would be cheaper than others! :azn: They'll probably give the Chinese a run for their money!

You can't do so much corruption with remittances. Afterall, the money (in USD) is credited to the Pakistani coffers and the remitters family simply withdraws the amount in PKR. The family gets the money and Paksitan gets the dollars, simple. Politicians can't do anything here.

They can only rob the state where the budget and financial distribution is concerned.
You got me wrong dude. I am not saying that politicians are doing corruption with remittance money; that is impossible. I am saying about the money that was taken from loan from IMF in 2008. Where did that money go? In which project in particular it was used and why was there a need for loan at first place. Please read my first post carefully again, cause you misunderstood and misinterpreted it.

Back
Top Bottom