What's new

Pakistani politician [Asfandyar Wali Khan] proudly declares to be an Afghan

pakistani342

Reaction score
Country
United States
Article here, excerpts below:

He proudly declared that he was of Afghan origin and was still an Afghan as mentioned in the revenue record.

In other parts of his speech, Khan slammed the Pakistani authorities for their failure to act against the Afghan militants based in the country.

Noting the recent killing of a prominent Pakistani militant in Afghanistan who was involved in Peshawar’s Army Public School attack, Khan said the authorities in Pakistani have not even killed a single Taliban leader nor they have arrested any of them.

“But the Pakistani authorities have not killed or arrested a single leader of the Afghan Taliban on its soil or handed him over to the Afghan government,” he was quoted as saying in a report by The News International newspaper.

Article here, excerpts below:

He proudly declared that he was of Afghan origin and was still an Afghan as mentioned in the revenue record.

In other parts of his speech, Khan slammed the Pakistani authorities for their failure to act against the Afghan militants based in the country.

Noting the recent killing of a prominent Pakistani militant in Afghanistan who was involved in Peshawar’s Army Public School attack, Khan said the authorities in Pakistani have not even killed a single Taliban leader nor they have arrested any of them.

“But the Pakistani authorities have not killed or arrested a single leader of the Afghan Taliban on its soil or handed him over to the Afghan government,” he was quoted as saying in a report by The News International newspaper.

He is making perfect sense :)

He is making perfect sense :)

Yeah if I said I'm a Pakistani being A US Citizen -- I wonder if it would still make sense.

Probably not -- it would be a violation of my Citizenship oath

His sense has not been bought by majority in pashtun belt .Poor guy can not win in his own constituency. He is making sense for Afghanistan o_O

At least he is being honest about his views ;-) -- I wonder if such rhetoric will lead to the marginalization of the old guard of Pashtun Nationalist leaders. It seems time has passed them by.

At least he is being honest about his views ;-) -- I wonder if such rhetoric will lead to the marginalization of the old guard of Pashtun Nationalist leaders. It seems time has passed them by.
No he is not honest .Bacha khan was honest in what he preaches, and requested to be buried in Afghanistan. What he has contributed to Afghans or Pashtuns ? Nothing he has just contributed to his Bank accounts and hotels in Malaysia and Dubai. Sure he is just using old techniques to gain some support but IK has buried all these saur revolutionists.Now he can make "Lal Chuneriya" of his Red topi.

No he is not honest .Bacha khan was honest in what he preaches, and requested to be buried in Afghanistan. What he has contributed to Afghans or Pashtuns ? Nothing he has just contributed to his Bank accounts and hotels in Malaysia and Dubai. Sure he is just using old techniques to gain some support but IK has buried all these saur revolutionists.Now he can make "Lal Chuneriya" of his Red topi.

I have not followed the politics in KPK this term -- but my impression was the IK has not been able to deliver anything -- and possibly was worse than the ANP government?

Yeah if I said I'm a Pakistani being A US Citizen -- I wonder if it would still make sense.

Well you are a US citizen but still a Pakistan in the meantime. Having a citizenship one of a third country does not negate your roots and original background.

Here you are lobbying for the country of your birth and forefathers, though you maintain that your priorities are with the US but of course you have a soft spot for Pakistan :) The same way he does.

Even your nickname is Pakistan342 :) just saying ;)

Now he can make "Lal Chuneriya" of his Red topi :D I had a lol for this comment ;)

I have not followed the politics in KPK this term -- but my impression was the IK has not been able to deliver anything -- and possibly was worse than the ANP government?
No IK is much better than ANP. It will take some time for sure. He can not turn around so quickly but he is doing good at basic level i.e education , hospitals , police and patware system. Bureaucracy definitely resisting him.

Well you are a US citizen but still a Pakistan in the meantime. Having a citizenship one of a third country does not negate your roots and original background.

Here you are lobbying for the country of your birth and forefathers, though you maintain that your priorities are with the US but of course you have a soft spot for Pakistan :) The same way he does.

Now he can make "Lal Chuneriya" of his Red topi :D I had a lol for this comment ;)

I am a Pakistani-American (it is called a hyphenated American) meaning I am a US citizen of Pakistani origin. Just like Italian American, Israeli American, Indian American.

I am not a Pakistani -- which implies I am a Pakistani citizen.

Saying I am an Afghan (in my book) seems to imply that I am an Afghan citizen -- which in Asfancyar sab's case would be factually incorrect according to my knowledge.

I guess you have never heard of the term American-Pakistani? No? Or Irish American? Italian - American? No. Or Mohajir Pakistan. No?

He is using "Afghan" in a generic sense. I hope you can figure out what that means. P stands for Punjab, A stands for Afghania, K stands for Kashmir, you know the rest don't you?

Lol yes, only thing i like in ANP is there Red topi..I was reading somewhere in Afghanistan constitution the word Afghan is not used for ethnic definition instead pashtun being mentioned.:o::o:...

I guess you have never heard of the term American-Pakistani? No? Or Irish American? Italian - American? No. Or Mohajir Pakistan. No?

He is using "Afghan" in a generic sense. I hope you can figure out what that means. P stands for Punjab, A stands for Afghania, K stands for Kashmir, you know the rest don't you?

I think my message above sheds light on that.

The term "American Pakistani" is not correct.

It is "Pakistani-American" -- and it (at least in the US) is understood to being a US citizen of Pakistani decent (or Pakistani origin) -- I would never say I am a Pakistani which would in precise parlance imply that I am also a Pakistani citizen.

And, I'm not even a public figure.

No IK is much better than ANP. It will take some time for sure. He can not turn around so quickly but he is doing good at basic level i.e education , hospitals , police and patware system. Bureaucracy definitely resisting him.

Is this a broad opinion of the public -- for example if the election was held today, would he TPI win?

I think my message above sheds light on that.

The term "American Pakistani" is not correct.

It is "Pakistani-American" -- and it (at least in the US) is understood to being a US citizen of Pakistani decent (or Pakistani origin) -- I would never say I am a Pakistani which would in precise parlance imply that I am also a Pakistani citizen.

And, I'm not even a public figure.

Is this a broad opinion of the public -- for example if the election was held today, would he TPI win?
For sure in KP.The place where he has to fight is Punjab .

Back
Top Bottom