What's new

Pakistani Navy going through a serious buildup

The land based YJ-12B anti ship cruise missile would be a great asset for Pakistan. Would be hard for Pakistan to acquire it due to China being a member of the MTCR. China cant export missiles with that have range of 300km+. The YJ-12B has a range of around 500 km.

Below you can see the range of the YJ-12B if fired from 3 different locations.

Jiwani, Balochistan
Ormara, Balochistan
Mirpur Sakro, Sindh

View attachment 761790
Pakistan should have missiles which can be fired from ships which has range of at least 1500 KM. Pakistan needs those missiles. Therefore I really hope Pakistan develops those plus the hypersonic and super sonic missiles which we are developing have that range.

Pakistan should have missiles which can be fired from ships which has range of at least 1500 KM. Pakistan needs those missiles. Therefore I really hope Pakistan develops those plus the hypersonic and super sonic missiles which we are developing have that range.
Maulana Saheb.
1500 KM missile off a ship requires a destroyer at least 7-9K tons. The costs of such a project would be prohibitive both initial cost plus man power plus running cost plus you cannot have just one ship but will need at least 3. PN's manpower as had to be quadrupled to fill in the needs of the current fleet it is in the process of acquiring, yet you want further expansion for a fleet for which a few ports will not be able to accommodate the ship(You may remember before the OHP we were offered another Destroyer, which the PN did not accept on account that the Ports near Karachi could not accommodate such a large ship and would need to be dredged adding to the cost). You have also not explained why there is a need for such a missile on a ship and why land based missiles will not suffice in that role. On a map please draw a circle over a 750 km radius and see where we get up to in India. Why would you need more than that mairay Bhai.

The land based YJ-12B anti ship cruise missile would be a great asset for Pakistan. Would be hard for Pakistan to acquire it due to China being a member of the MTCR. China cant export missiles with that have range of 300km+. The YJ-12B has a range of around 500 km.

Below you can see the range of the YJ-12B if fired from 3 different locations.

Jiwani, Balochistan
Ormara, Balochistan
Mirpur Sakro, Sindh

View attachment 761790

China is not a member of the Missile Technology Control Regime..

It's not a religious book or anything, this book details BECO an industrial conglomerate that was nationalized and then ruined in Pakistan. However, there is an interesting chapter of the book detailing the Navy and what they wanted before the 1971 War.

I was discussing this in another thread with @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal.
We joke about aircraft carriers today, but pre-1971, it was worth real consideration. Back then, the PN had to maintain two distant trading centres (Karachi and Chittagong) and two major sea trade links. In fact, time had shown that both sides were massively important (the Arabian Sea and East Asia).

Bar external reluctance and/or foul play, there was no excuse for Pre-1971 PN to not get an aircraft carrier when Argentina and Brazil could get one. Ironically, the PAF's first jet was originally a carrier-borne design (Supermarine Attacker). Imagine, if we had looped those jets to the PN with one of the RN's surplus carriers...

That said, I'm not giving Ayub Khan as much flack because, at that time, Pakistan-US relations were really good. Our defence planners genuinely thought the US would have our back provided we don't do anything out of order. Unfortunately, ZAB convinced us to do something out of order in 1965, and the rest is history.

We can credit ZAB for giving us nukes (though the technical base was all established before his time), but if not for this guy's existence, we likely wouldn't have needed them because we were a darling nephew of the world. It went downhill from 1965. @SQ8

We joke about aircraft carriers today, but pre-1971, it was worth real consideration. Back then, the PN had to maintain two distant trading centres (Karachi and Chittagong) and two major sea trade links. In fact, time had shown that both sides were massively important (the Arabian Sea and East Asia).

Bar external reluctance and/or foul play, there was no excuse for Pre-1971 PN to not get an aircraft carrier when Argentina and Brazil could get one. Ironically, the PAF's first jet was originally a carrier-borne design (Supermarine Attacker). Imagine, if we had looped those jets to the PN with one of the RN's surplus carriers...

That said, I'm not giving Ayub Khan as much flack because, at that time, Pakistan-US relations were really good. Our defence planners genuinely thought the US would have our back provided we don't do anything out of order. Unfortunately, ZAB convinced us to do something out of order, and the rest is history.

We can credit ZAB for giving us nukes (though the technical base was all established before his time), but if not for this guy's existence, we likely wouldn't have needed them. It went downhill from 1965. @SQ8
Honesty of purpose - ZAB destroyed Pakistan more than the benefit of his nuke play. But then so did everyone from Ayub to Musharraf in their own right because they put self before country(in different levels)

Honesty of purpose - ZAB destroyed Pakistan more than the benefit of his nuke play. But then so did everyone from Ayub to Musharraf in their own right because they put self before country(in different levels)
Yep. It started with the slander against Fatima Jinnah. I'd say, until that point, Pakistan's development track was actually quite rapid across politics, bureaucracy, and economics. The big difference between South Asia and Africa was that South Asia inherited an established middle class and institutional memory (from the UK). The system worked for the benefit of the UK, but if you were smart enough to make the right tweaks, it will work for you too. We were making those tweaks, until we stopped.

It's not a religious book or anything, this book details BECO an industrial conglomerate that was nationalized and then ruined in Pakistan. However, there is an interesting chapter of the book detailing the Navy and what they wanted before the 1971 War.

I was discussing this in another thread with @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal.
Can you share thread where you discuss pre 1971 Pakistan navy plan ?

Yep. It started with the slander against Fatima Jinnah. I'd say, until that point, Pakistan's development track was actually quite rapid across politics, bureaucracy, and economics. The big difference between South Asia and Africa was that South Asia inherited an established middle class and institutional memory (from the UK). The system worked for the benefit of the UK, but if you were smart enough to make the right tweaks, it will work for you too. We were making those tweaks, until we stopped.

Did ZAB start the slander campaign against Fatima Jinnah?

Did ZAB start the slander campaign against Fatima Jinnah?
I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me.

It was Ayub Khan who started the slandering of Fatima Zinnah. She was his primary rival after the 1965 coup.

It's a history, or should say another segment of our national history, I was never to fond of studying as I consider it a stain on a noble women such as herself.

Also, the religious card was played by Ayub to a great deal that Islam doesn't allow women as head of state and while some conservative groups supported her, in the end faithless electors played their part as well.

Last edited:
I am not talking about some shit.ty 70 year old mirages or light fighter such as JF-17. I am talking about fighters on the class of J-16/J-15, JH-7 which due to longer strike range and weapons can decimate Indian Aircraft carrier group, can attack deep inside areas of India such as Mumbai, and defeat most of Indian Navy.

But it is just pathetic that Pakistan Military deliberately gives Indian Navy advantage.
you are a fine person to talk dude..just look at your navy and you say that you are ready for china and one should remember the blunder your navy and you government did with the submarines you are purchasing from france..50 billion+ dollars and will still get the submarines after nearly a decade..

Maulana Saheb.
1500 KM missile off a ship requires a destroyer at least 7-9K tons. The costs of such a project would be prohibitive both initial cost plus man power plus running cost plus you cannot have just one ship but will need at least 3. PN's manpower as had to be quadrupled to fill in the needs of the current fleet it is in the process of acquiring, yet you want further expansion for a fleet for which a few ports will not be able to accommodate the ship(You may remember before the OHP we were offered another Destroyer, which the PN did not accept on account that the Ports near Karachi could not accommodate such a large ship and would need to be dredged adding to the cost). You have also not explained why there is a need for such a missile on a ship and why land based missiles will not suffice in that role. On a map please draw a circle over a 750 km radius and see where we get up to in India. Why would you need more than that mairay Bhai.
No you don't need a 7000 to 9000 tone Destroyer to do that. Russia does it with small corvettes. They have Corvettes deployed in Black Sea which fire cruise missiles which hit targets in Syria. Your ports can very well accommodate such ship. And trust me eventually you would go for this thing. You have no other option. Time of Frigates and Corvettes with only Air Defence systems and 400 KM range Anti Ship missiles will be over soon. Soon every country will work on a missile like Tomahawk BLOCK V. Which is fired from Destroyers and has 2400 KM range and can hit fast moving ship on sea with same accuracy as a still target on land. Soon you would see that being the new big thing. Which basically means you will be within 200 KM range of Gawader port and fire missiles towards India and they would hit Mumbai, Goa, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai and others.

No you don't need a 7000 to 9000 tone Destroyer to do that. Russia does it with small corvettes. They have Corvettes deployed in Black Sea which fire cruise missiles which hit targets in Syria. Your ports can very well accommodate such ship. And trust me eventually you would go for this thing. You have no other option. Time of Frigates and Corvettes with only Air Defence systems and 400 KM range Anti Ship missiles will be over soon. Soon every country will work on a missile like Tomahawk BLOCK V. Which is fired from Destroyers and has 2400 KM range and can hit fast moving ship on sea with same accuracy as a still target on land. Soon you would see that being the new big thing. Which basically means you will be within 200 KM range of Gawader port and fire missiles towards India and they would hit Mumbai, Goa, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai and others.
Lol why do need Pak military know best what is they are doing, look what is the major Indian cities in the range of our Babar/Ra'ad most of big cities of India is with in the range of babar/Ra'ad, rest of the India is covered by our Ghauries/Shaheen, so you're concern about we haven't any 1500 km range CMs is irrelevant

if we fired Babar near to Karachi or Sukkur it can easily reach Indian Cities that you refer

Back
Top Bottom