What's new

Pakistani muslims aren't Arabs or turks (except Arain & Awan).

Those who believe that they are non natives can take the test.

Y chromosomes and mtDNA cannot determine a pretty significant chunk of your ancestors (i.e the women on your father's side and the men on your mother's side).

Y chromosomes and mtDNA cannot determine a pretty significant chunk of your ancestors (i.e the women on your father's side and the men on your mother's side).

Yes, but its what gets passed on that matters and defines race. For example, if your sister married a 'non-native' would her sons be the same as your race? What about her daughters?

How are you defining race?

I am arain. Never really could find defenitive information on my ancestry. What is background of arain people?

Some say Arab, some say Persian, some say Rajput.

Do the research and make up your own mind. From what I've read, I think Arab holds the most weight since the word Arain appears to be derived from some place in Jericho.

Y can, mtDNA not so much. If you take ancestry is passed from father to son, it's pretty much accurate.

Do the research and make up your own mind. From what I've read, I think Arab holds the most weight since the word Arain appears to be derived from some place in Jericho.

I have heard there were some nomadic tribes from Germany/Bavaria that a long time ago emigrated across the planes to south asia.

Nowadays, one can easily find out it's roots by a dna ancestry test. Though, i would advice not too, it will shatter all arabic ancestry dreams.

No it won't, in fact, it's proven most Muslims from Pakistan and NW India have small traces of Arab ancestry. Even ones belonging to Hindu tribes:

https://www.harappadna.org/2012/05/harappaworld-admixture/ (link contains another link to a data sheet where you can see DNA results, I'll provide some examples)

Kashmiri Paharis (overwhelmingly Muslim): 2% SW Asian admixture
Kashmiri Pandits (overwhelmingly not Muslim): 0% SW Asian admixture

Punjabi Arains (overwhelmingly Muslim): 2% SW Asian admixture
Punjabi Muslim Jatts: 2% SW Asian admixture
Punjabi Brahmins: 0% SW Asian admixture

Gujarati Muslims: 4% SW Asian admixture
Gujarati Patels (overwhelmingly not Muslim): 0% SW Asian admixture

I have heard there were some nomadic tribes from Germany/Bavaria that a long time ago emigrated across the planes to south asia.
I have seen data of an arain shared on some ancestry forum, they are pretty much south south asians.

Yes, but its what gets passed on that matters and defines race. For example, if your sister married a 'non-native' would her sons be the same as your race? What about her daughters?

How are you defining race?

That's just a social construct which has no influence on ancestry.

No it won't, in fact, it's proven most Muslims from Pakistan and NW India have small traces of Arab ancestry. Even ones belonging to Hindu tribes:

https://www.harappadna.org/2012/05/harappaworld-admixture/ (link contains another link to a data sheet where you can see DNA results, I'll provide some examples)

Kashmiri Paharis (overwhelmingly Muslim): 2% SW Asian admixture
Kashmiri Pandits (overwhelmingly not Muslim): 0% SW Asian admixture

Punjabi Arains (overwhelmingly Muslim): 2% SW Asian admixture
Punjabi Muslim Jatts: 2% SW Asian admixture
Punjabi Brahmins: 0% SW Asian admixture

Gujarati Muslims: 4% SW Asian admixture
Gujarati Patels (overwhelmingly not Muslim): 0% SW Asian admixture
That can happen due to migration also, when someone is accepted asaone of it's own, let's say you adopt some arab, later he will call himself a punjabi or whatever tribe you belong to.

Y can, mtDNA not so much. If you take ancestry is passed from father to son, it's pretty much accurate.

No it can't. You clearly don't know how ancestry works. Y chromosomes only tell you about your patrilineage, i.e your continuous chain of male ancestors on your father's side (aka your father, his father, his father, etc). Y chromosomes don't tell you anything about the female ancestors on your father's side.

MtDNA has the same problem but in reverse (i.e your mother's male ancestors aren't included).

Nonsense.

Yea i am Awan, and thats what we have been told, came with Mehmud Ghaznavi and settled here. Definately, a big part of Pakistani army. i am sure more than 20%.
Nawab of Kalabagh and Air Marshal Noor Khan are notable Awans.

kuthy na awan avain? if you know about Nawab and Noor khan you must be very close to where I am from

That can happen due to migration

That's the only way it can happen, and it shows that Muslims from Pakistan and NW India have some genetic distinction from their Hindu counterparts of the same ethnicity.

That can happen due to migration also, when someone is accepted asaone of it's own, let's say you adopt some arab, later he will call himself a punjabi or whatever tribe you belong to.

I think the problem is the base point for race definition. For example, take Israel. A society built on the idea of a common ancestor.

If everyone in Israel was a son of Jacob they should have the same Y-DNA patterns, with small variances acceptable for mutation. They don't. To this day, they still dont know whats going. How are you benchmarking DNA, what haplogroup is what race?

It doesn't prove the DNA results wrong, it proves historical inaccuracies in nations.

what, why?

Be proud of your ethnicity

No, that's dumb. It's like being proud to be a ginger, sharing a recent common ancestor means jack all. It doesn't unify people (ideologies do that) and it doesn't mean that the achievements of others become your own (that's called leeching, and only pathetic people do that).

It's not even logically coherent. All of humanity shares a common origin from Africa, there's no reason to be proud of your ethnicity in particular when we are all related.

Back
Top Bottom