Pakistani included in top 40 analytical scientists

Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
385056_3567160_akhbar.jpg

Dr. Muhammad Farooq Wahab

A Pakistani scientist, Dr. Muhammad Farooq Wahab, has been included in the 2018 Power List of a British magazine, The Analytical Scientist. The list contains names of 40 young scientists whose accomplishments have made waves in analytical sciences.

Dr. Farooq, who is the son of the late Dr. Abdul Wahab, former vice chancellor of the University of Karachi, is currently working as a research engineering scientist in the department of chemistry and biochemistry at the University of Texas in Arlington, United States of America (USA).

One of the proposers of Dr. Farooq for the list remarked, “He is a brilliant young research scientist – few have his ability to formulate experiments to better understand chromatography and separation science”.

According to the magazine, the young Pakistani scientist achieved the world’s fastest separations in 0.5-1 cm homemade columns and developed ‘peak processing’ mathematics that allows chromatographers to operate columns above their peak-capacity, reducing long separations to a few seconds with intact quantitative information even when peaks partially overlap.

Dr. Farooq did his Masters in chemistry from the University of Karachi winning five gold medals. He later obtained his Ph.D from the University of Alberta in Canada and has been working at the University of Texas for the last several years.

This 2018 Power List has been published by The Analytical Scientist in its October 2018 edition. The 40 analytical scientists in the list were selected from all over the world, including USA, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, Japan, France, Italy, Netherlands, Brazil, Taiwan, Malaysia, and Luxembourg.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/385056-pakistani-included-in-top-40-analytical-scientists

Baal sufaid, 30s main 40s wala monh, begam choti behan lagay...bachay daikh ker log pochain...shadi late hoi thi? ...wah reh Science, tera matlab mukhtalif logon k liay mukhtalif....
@Mentee

Baal sufaid, 30s main 40s wala monh, begam choti behan lagay...bachay daikh ker log pochain...shadi late hoi thi? ...wah reh Science, tera matlab mukhtalif logon k liay mukhtalif....
@Mentee
According to science the gene linked with white hair growth is also linked to immunity :coffee:

Long story short, he may have gotten sick and triggered the immune system - same gene is responsible for the graying of hair (or so science says - could be other factors too) or it is just genetics ensuring he is his mom's child :p:

I know this clown. He interviewed at my company and didn't pass the smell test. His knowledge of the field in whihc he wanted to work is about 5 years behind from company standard. He has been a post-doc (after Ph.D) for 4 years. Looks like he can't find a academic job and too old for industrial job.
Seems you people fart too much at your work, definitely a company office located on the banks of stinkiest ganga... the smell is too horrible for any human.

@Mentee
Ignorance is bliss.. Stay illiterate and stay fool.

Last edited:
Seems you people fart too much at your work, definitely a company office located on the banks of stinkiest ganga... the smell is horrible for any human.

Dumbass, we are the leading analytical instrument company in the world. This is not an indo-pak issue. Its about this guys competence. IF you are without a real job or a professorship 5+ years after your Ph.D. in chemistry, there are some major issues. It means

a) your ideas are not innovative enough for academic grants

b) you work is not impactful enough for a industrial job

Bottomline he is without a real job 6+ years after his Ph.D.

Not that i expect you understand any of what I said

Dumbass, we are the leading analytical instrument company in the world. This is not an indo-pak issue. Its about this guys competence. IF you are without a real job or a professorship 5+ years after your Ph.D. in chemistry, there are some major issues. It means

You work in a call centre.

he is among the top 40 scientists where do your Highness stands?what are your qualification to call him clown?

he is among the top 40 scientists where do your Highness stands?what are your qualification to call him clown?

yup, top 40 analytical scientist without a full time job 6+ years after his Ph.D. People make tenure by that time. Do you know what that means?

yup, top 40 analytical scientist without a full time job 6+ years after his Ph.D. People make tenure by that time. Do you know what that means?
Even Professor Einstein didn't had job and he used to give tuitions to school kids even worked as a clerk so what's your point? Science was never about money there were hundreds of scientist who lived hand to mouth but made tremendous discoveries
measuring a scientists caliber with the amount of money he makes is simply beyond me

Even Professor Einstein didn't had job and he used to give tuitions to school kids even worked as a clerk so what's your point? Science was never about money there were hundreds of scientist who lived hand to mouth but made tremendous discoveries
measuring a scientists caliber with the amount of money he makes is simply beyond me

So you don't know what tenure means?

Back
Top Bottom