What's new

Pakistani government to ban air conditioners

@That Guy can you tell me why they banned solar panels.... I think every country focusing on solar energy...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's because Pakistan doesn't have any money and it owes 65 billion Dollars, you can't just pay that over night. Pakistan is in a deficit crisis, it isn't making enough money to support itself so it has to borrow to keep up with demand. Once some of the government energy and mining projects get underway though, Pakistan will prosper and it'll be able to pay off the debt in no time.

I know about that and it's not what I meant; I spoke of PSO/IPPs. We consumer pay everything on time but Government doesn't thus create turmoil the cycle breaks apart.

Pehlay hi wahan kuch kaam nahi hota, ubto bilkur baykaar bathey rehangay. Might as well close shop and go home. What is the point of being there.

Why not increase power production instead?
Better why not employ Water Car engineer Agha Waqar Sahib?

I know about that and it's not what I meant; I spoke of PSO/IPPs. We consumer pay everything on time but Government doesn't thus create turmoil the cycle breaks apart.

Actually, Pakistan hasn't missed a single payment, the problem is that we're seriously depleting our currency reserve paying our loans on time.

Why not increase power production? Why not employ Water Car engineer Agha Waqar Sahib?

Power production takes years to increase, most of the current energy projects taken by the last PPP led government won't be operational until 2014 at the very least and it takes a lot of money too, which is why Pakistan is in deep trouble right now. We've loaned too much money on both the war and increasing our domestic energy production.

Remember, you need to spend money to make money.

@That Guy can you tell me why they banned solar panels.... I think every country focusing on solar energy...

Corruption, PPP knew that if they didn't ban solar panels that the Pakistan energy companies would feel the effects (i.e lower profits), and if the energy companies feel the effects then PPP doesn't get paid (bribes and kickbacks). They don't care that solar panels could help decrease the energy crisis, they just want quick cash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom