What's new

Pakistani Girl Beaten for Urdu Tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here I see three fundamental issues. The first is exposure; the girl was wearing ‘something’ that her back was exposed and the other woman was able to see that tattoo. The second issue is of course the tattoo on her back, and as someone has mentioned, this is not allowed in Islam. The third issue is the word God was tattooed, which is absolutely not acceptable. I do not support the idea of laying hands on her, instead she should have been taken for counseling. But again, such things do and should disturb Muslims but not to the level where they start beating up people. I have seen photos where people have tattooed Jesus image on the pubic area. This however, does not justify that we start accepting holy words on different parts of the body.

The worst part is police reaction, to that extent the issue concerns India.

Other than that just religious nutjobs perpetrating and then justifying violence because of their weird beliefs that should concern nobody but themselves.

OK, here I see three fundamental issues. The first is exposure; the girl was wearing ‘something’ that her back was exposed and the other woman was able to see that tattoo. The second issue is of course the tattoo on her back, and as someone has mentioned, this is not allowed in Islam. The third issue is the word God was tattooed, which is absolutely not acceptable. I do not support the idea of laying hands on her, instead she should have been taken for counseling. But again, such things do and should disturb Muslims but not to the level where they start beating up people. I have seen photos where people have tattooed Jesus image on the pubic area. This however, does not justify that we start accepting holy words on different parts of the body.

1) If you don't agree with her having a Tattoo you have absolutely NO RIGHT to lay your hands on that girl or anyone for that matter

2) You also have NO RIGHT what so ever to force her into counseling. Its not like she is mentally retarded.

3) If you are infuriated just walk up to her and say that you disapprove of what she's done in a polite manner and THATS IT..

The one thing that i ABSOLUTELY HATE to the core of my heart is Forcing religious rules and regulation down ones throat. God forbid if i am ever put in that situation i will always fight back till my last breath for being able to freely express myself. People who force things down others throat have no purpose and should not exist in a civilized world period.... Exceptions are obviously made when you are a child and growing up

Durran3 summed it all up, just don't lay your hands on her, even if you disagree with her tattoo or whatsoever.
I hate the fact that people will try to enforce their own rules upon others by using force.
It happens in both Pakistan and India, this is a mentality that should change and most definitely shouldn't be backed up or encouraged by the police, this belongs to the Taliban ideal to hit or beat others if they do not fall into your category or your likings.

Well it's only JI thugs who do this..Normally Pakistanis are very tolerant people Jihad specially in Lahore, ISL and Karachi but Jamati ISlami thugs and Lal Masjid thugs beat up people because they are not Islamic enough but i think TATTO with Islamic verses on her back is disrespectful and should not be allowed.She can print something else on her back but certainly not Quranic Verses..that's very bad.

Last edited:
Well I have respect for everybody's individual right but mocking any particular religion by inscribing tattoo is a crminal activity. Her tatto does fall in that category even though her name suggest she is muslim. Even people could get picked up by police in west if any symbol or tatto demeanise any racial group or any religion.

I would not mind if she had a butterfly tatto on her clievage. Beating her up is unacceptable but she should be warned by the authority.

Well I have respect for everybody's individual right but mocking any particular religion by inscribing tattoo is a crminal activity. Her tatto does fall in that category even though her name suggest she is muslim. Even people could get picked up by police in west if any symbol or tatto demeanise any racial group or any religion.

That is absolutely not correct.. They are profiled at the most .. but never questioned about why they have their tattoos .. The above mentioned case was not of profiling .. but aggression.

a similar incident happened few months back if u guys remember.

That is absolutely not correct.. They are profiled at the most .. but never questioned about why they have their tattoos .. The above mentioned case was not of profiling .. but aggression.

It depends, how much sentiment it draws. But you do agree that they are profiled and does not go unnoticed.

Whats the problem with quran words on back, butt wherever? Americans wear national flag on bra.

You wouldnt mind if somebody had inscriptions from your HOLY BOOK on their *** would you...?

There is a difference between the american flag and inscriptions from a Holy Book. You dont respect religion doesnt mean other people do the same...

1) If you don't agree with her having a Tattoo you have absolutely NO RIGHT to lay your hands on that girl or anyone for that matter

2) You also have NO RIGHT what so ever to force her into counseling. Its not like she is mentally retarded.

3) If you are infuriated just walk up to her and say that you disapprove of what she's done in a polite manner and THATS IT..

The one thing that i ABSOLUTELY HATE to the core of my heart is Forcing religious rules and regulation down ones throat. God forbid if i am ever put in that situation i will always fight back till my last breath for being able to freely express myself. People who force things down others throat have no purpose and should not exist in a civilized world period.... Exceptions are obviously made when you are a child and growing up

I dont agree with you 100%
I agree with you 200% :tup:

How civilized is a nation, a 5,000 year shared civilization that resorts to violence at the drop of the hat to justify religion or social problems !!

The day, Indians and Pakistanis resort to solving disputes , small ones and large ones in a dignified civil manner and not resort to any violence, then many things will be solved. Both nations with their skills will become first world nations in no time.

I came across a few people in my life that have had a crecent tattoo on there hand and when i asked why they had the tattoo i was told that they where members of the british indian army and had the tattooo done so they could be identified as a muslim if he was killed in battle.

It depends, how much sentiment it draws. But you do agree that they are profiled and does not go unnoticed.

Profiled as would be hate criminals, not hate victims.

The KKK is openly allowed to promote racism AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT VIOLATE SOMEONE ELSE'S RIGHTS.

totally agree these kind of things just turn people off islam too.

a similar incident happened few months back if u guys remember.

its the same incident that has been brought up again!!!!!!! coz some one just failed to read it at that time and some people here dont mind posting their comments once more in another thread...coz it makes them happy:hitwall:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom