What's new

Pakistani GIDS TAKBIR Series Satellite Aided Inertially Guided Bomb

Taji , bon ami ? Appreciated by a certain class ?

Nope.. this guy
taji-khokhar-665.jpg

The work on this started around 2005 and the weapon system that we see here is very closely designed along the lines of the JSOW. The prototype of this system was readied around the 2006 timeframe.

so it has nothing to do with Chinese LS or FT series right?

It may have had Chinese input, but the PAF has been chasing the standoff attack capability (without propulsion i.e. glide) for some time now due to a significant inventory of locally produced MK-82 bombs in service which can be equipped with the glide kits for stand-off precision attack capability. The Takbir is basically the mating of the glide kits with the MK-82s.

JF-17 cockpit in flight (may have been posted before):
1240201_517378991674877_183798562_n.jpg

Last edited:
It may have had Chinese input, but the PAF has been chasing the standoff attack capability (without propulsion i.e. glide) for some time now before the Chinese advertised their munitions.
I think Chinese input will probably be along the lines of BDS access and compatibility. At this point I'd assume the PAF has core technology, e.g. glide, propulsion, etc. down on paper given the work AWC and ID have done over the past few years. That said, I'm surprised that we haven't seen a locally built series of JDAM-like kits for Mk.82/83/84 GPBs.

Pakistani GIDS TAKBIR Series Satellite Aided Inertially Guided Bomb

It is very interesting development for Pakistan Air Force as so far we were untill now depended on the Chinese LS6 series and American JDAMs, but now Pakisan can produce its own percison guided glide bombs.
Satellite aided? Which satellite? You're making it sound like a huge step forward in technology!

Why can't you just say GPS guided? :P

Satellite aided? Which satellite? You're making it sound like a huge step forward in technology!

Why can't you just say GPS guided? :P
...for all we know it might not use GPS, but China's BDS.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom