What's new

Pakistani Female's Journey to flying for a US Airline.

did you try to find out why? There are many other females working in PAF, PA, and PN who were/are not forced to leave the institution. she must have been kicked out for some good reason. there is a proper protocol to expel anyone from armed forces.

If there was something wrong with the PAF, should would never have made to that position to start with.
According to her, the CO was afraid her men would start a rebellion because they didn't want to have a woman as their superior.
Uneasy because they feared the enlisted men would revolt against a woman in charge of them, a commander warned Fatima that if she continued to perform he would make her life miserable. Eventually she had no other choice but to leave the squadron.
Our Amazing Women with First Officer Fatima Shafi | ExpressJet Airlines

Guys, some people are just opportunist. They'll make up fake lies, because western world loves to give sympathy and look after women who aren't treated fairly. How many malala we've in Pakistan? Is she the only one who didn't fear the taliban? The entire school didn't fear as well.

So ignore her. Some people are never thankful. I know I wasn't. When I was leaving Pakistan, I couldn't wait to go. I hated being there, considering all the problems. But as i matured, ibsaid to myself, if we all leave Pakistan, how can it be improved?

Hence I took economics (i wanted to do something else) and after some education experience here, I'll return to serve state bank of Pakistan. There are many like us, but a person leaving Pakistan makes better news because "oh look, Pakistan weak country, women treated bad, everyone wants to flee" than "x person returns to Pakistan to serve mother nation"

Time 2:48

There was a parody of this scene in the movie The Mask

hqdefault.jpg

That is pure BS, she was already superior to many.

Read her story and see the contradictions, a few I observed.

-In our society when father become ill (as she claims in her contrived story), daughters are married off, not sent to school.
-when her family found a match for her, they made sure that she completes her education. (her family supported her)
-There were only 50 females out of 6000 males students, because normally Pakistani women do not go in that profession, you go to a medical university and situation might be totally different
-She was not allowed to raise her hand or ask a question in the class, come on she can do better than that, even a village girl in Pakistan will never say that.
-She can't look anywhere except ground, LOL, we all know that's not true.
- She had no phone, no money, nowhere to go, in the middle of nowhere just like a movie? nice story

In my opinion she was just trying to pretend as another Malala. Women in Pakistan are as free as anywhere else in the world. Her contrived story is just a lame attempt to make her achievement look greater than what it is by showing as though whole of Pakistan was out opposing her. Shame on her for defaming the very country that provided her the basis for further education and advancement.

Shame on her for getting education using the scarce resources of the country and then defaming it.
I pity her on her mentality, and write her off as a Pakistani citizen.

According to her, the CO was afraid her men would start a rebellion because they didn't want to have a woman as their superior.

Our Amazing Women with First Officer Fatima Shafi | ExpressJet Airlines

did you try to find out why? There are many other females working in PAF, PA, and PN who were/are not forced to leave the institution. she must have been kicked out for some good reason. there is a proper protocol to expel anyone from armed forces.

If there was something wrong with the PAF, should would never have made to that position to start with.

you just proved me right. You clearly didn't read the article as well. First read it and then let me know

This is baloney. PAF is a highly professional institution and not some roadside workshop where certain 'macho' mechanics will revolt against a female boss.

you would like to think so, but this is quite common in every male dominant workplace.
A friend of mine also works for a cargo airline, her job is to assign tasks to mechanics working there, but sometimes the management gives her the supervising role in the absence of director of maintenance. And that doesn't cut well with many mechanics working there.
They don't say anything to her face, but they make the work environment very poisonous.

OMG PAKISTAN THE LAND OF EVIL MALES WITH THEIR PENISES OF DEATH ... synopsis ... *rolling my eyes*

US media be like evil moslem men oppressing moslem women
Pakistani women are not damsels in distress

did you even read the article, she was forced to leave her position as a DoM by her commanding officer.
PAF is the "thankless" one here.

She didn't have issues with PAF but the whole system from her schooling, infact the whole third world. She was a 1st. world soul. 'pohnchi wahin pe. . jahan ka khameer tha'.

She has a ton of issues with Pakistani society but apparently not nepotism. The only reason she was 'selected' for malalas speech is because she is the daughter of Shafi Sehwani- the infamous PPP guy behind the housing scandal in Islamabad. Apparently he took the hit to save gillani's a$s and spent time in prison. He was guilty as f* but absolved gillanis of any wrong doing, making Gillani indebted to him. Gillani has been 'taking care' of his family ever since.

And PAF didn't let her fly a plane coz she has an engineering background and joined at the age of 22 at the very competitive institute where kids as young as 17/18 compete. She lacked any basic training and physical fitness. I wonder how long she will survive in USA with such dramatic antics.

No wonder on her defaming Pakistan....its the result of Haram Rizk his corrupt father was feeding her....may be she did not get full satisfaction from Pakistanis and left for US...Americans will definitely satisfy her....

Back
Top Bottom