What's new

Pakistani born astrophysicist one of key people who detected gravitational waves

great achievement. But will her country of origin appreciate her achievements after knowing her orientation?

She would be killed

""" Mavalvala may have been born in Karachi, but her professional accomplishment is 100 per cent American. She left Pakistan while still a teenager and attended an American college in Wellesley. Later, she joined MIT, where she took part in ground breaking research, developed proprietary technology, and earned a PhD.

She is also a single mother, is openly gay and proud to be a lesbian. To our homophobic chest thumping numbskulls rejoicing her Pakistani heritage, this means she prefers the intimate company of women.

What’s more, she is from Pakistan’s fast diminishing Parsi community. In other words, she is not Muslim, but a follower of Zoroastrianism.

Most of Mavalvala’s family is settled in the United States, because they didn’t feel safe in Pakistan."""

Would Nergis Mavalvala have made it had she stayed in Pakistan? – The Express Tribune Blog

She would be killed

""" Mavalvala may have been born in Karachi, but her professional accomplishment is 100 per cent American. She left Pakistan while still a teenager and attended an American college in Wellesley. Later, she joined MIT, where she took part in ground breaking research, developed proprietary technology, and earned a PhD.

She is also a single mother, is openly gay and proud to be a lesbian. To our homophobic chest thumping numbskulls rejoicing her Pakistani heritage, this means she prefers the intimate company of women.

What’s more, she is from Pakistan’s fast diminishing Parsi community. In other words, she is not Muslim, but a follower of Zoroastrianism.

Most of Mavalvala’s family is settled in the United States, because they didn’t feel safe in Pakistan."""

Would Nergis Mavalvala have made it had she stayed in Pakistan? – The Express Tribune Blog
OHHHHHHHhhhh just go away.

@Zibago @MaarKhoor @Ammara Chaudhry
Minister meets Mavalvala, seeks collaboration with MIT
APP — UPDATED ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO

WHATSAPP

0 COMMENTS

PRINT

56d8ef167fbdc.jpg
Minister for Planning, Development and Reforms Ahsan Iqbal meets quantum astrophysicist Nergis Mavalvala.—Online

ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Planning, Development and Reforms Ahsan Iqbal discussed collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, including setting up a modern university in Pakistan.

Mr Iqbal, who is on a visit to the United Sates, held discussions with leading figures of the institute during a meeting.

According to a statement issued by the ministry here on Thursday, he met the quantum astrophysicist Nergis Mavalvala, Associate Department Head of Physics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).

Dr Mavalvala is a member of the team that announced the scientific milestone of detecting gravitational waves, ripples in space and time hypothesised by Albert Einstein.

Quantum astrophysicist was congratulated for her scientific milestone
Mr Iqbal congratulated the scientist on her success and discussed opportunities for collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

He also met Bill Aulet, managing director of the Martin Trust Centre for MIT Entrepreneurship.

The centre is responsible for entrepreneurship across all five schools at Massachusetts Institute of Technology starting with education but extending well outside the classroom with student clubs, conferences, competition, networking events, etc.

The minister presented his book and discussed ideas to promote entrepreneurship in Pakistani universities so that the country’s youth could become job creators instead of job seekers. The minister also met Prof Richard Lester, Associate Provost at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston.

He told Prof Richard, “We are launching a campaign on Productivity, Quality and Innovation for making Pakistan a competitive economy.” Meanwhile, Mr Iqbal also met with Pakistani students at Kennedy School, Harvard University.

He apprised them about the improvement Pakistan was making year by year.

“We need to have confidence in ourselves and keep a sustained effort,” he remarked.

The minister highlighted salient features of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project and offered them full assistance in working on Pakistan-related projects.

Dr Asim Khawaja, Professor of Public Policy at Kennedy School, hosted the meeting.

He is one of the few Pakistani American academicians in top US universities.

She would be killed

Did you migrate to UK cuz you didnt feel safe in India?

No, I was born in Uganda. My family had its house and 3 factories taken from them by Idi Amin when Saudi Arabia encouraged him to get rid of all Asians especially the non-muslims. The factories were handed to Muslims. So they put us on a plane and allowed us to take £50 with us for the whole family. We were all Ugandan nationals but the UK offered us asylum. We stayed in a reception centre for a few weeks before we were relocated to Salford. Idi Amin , the butcher of Uganda, ( he used to keep the heads of his enemies in his fridge) was lavishly housed by the Saudis in Saudi Arabia after he was overthrown by Museveni and his army of freedom fighters. Idi Amin died in Saudis Arabia of old age.

No, I was born in Uganda. My family had its house and 3 factories taken from them by Idi Amin when Saudi Arabia encouraged him to get rid of all Asians especially the non-muslims. The factories were handed to Muslims. So they put us on a plane and allowed us to take £50 with us for the whole family. We were all Ugandan nationals but the UK offered us asylum. We stayed in a reception centre for a few weeks before we were relocated to Salford. Idi Amin , the butcher of Uganda, ( he used to keep the heads of his enemies in his fridge) was lavishly housed by the Saudis in Saudi Arabia after he was overthrown by Museveni and his army of freedom fighters. Idi Amin died in Saudis Arabia of old age.

So your father thought Uganda was a better place to live then India? From Fiji to America you find Indians everywhere, is it because of situation at home or just just too much over crowding?

She would be killed

She was not born in karachi but Lahore. She herself expressed the gratitude of her early education in karachi Convent school which laid the foundation of her achieving bigger things later in life. She is a born and bred Pakistani. Only a Indian moron like yourself would rather foolishly try to muddle her Pakistani origin due to her sexual orientation.

So your father thought Uganda was a better place to live then India? From Fiji to America you find Indians everywhere, is it because of situation at home or just just too much over crowding?

No. My grandfather was recruited in India for his technical skills by the the then Brits who ran both India and Uganda and paid to have him and his family shipped to Uganda. They offered a house a well paid job and free education for my father and my uncle. If you want to see the "situation at home" then look at calais italy france germany sweden finland hungary greece macedonia etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ( thats just europe) where 100,000's of Pakistanis are illegally trying to get into these countries and where your home minister refuses to take them back as they are deported.

Those views on "Pakistani" physicist are not mine, they are from Pakistani press

Last edited:
Congrats Sister.... Salute... Hats off... You are the pride of Pakistan and we are proud of you..... Your dedication and achievements will help more Pakistanis to come forward and prove their skills and build a better Pakistan as well as a better world.

Pakistan Zindabad

No. My grandfather was recruited in India for his technical skills by the the then Brits who ran both India and Uganda and paid to have him and his family shipped to Uganda. They offered a house a well paid job and free education for my father and my uncle. If you want to see the "situation at home" then look at calais italy france germany sweden finland hungary greece macedonia etc etc etc etc etc etc etc ( thats just europe) where 100,000's of Pakistanis are illegally trying to get into these countries and where your home minister refuses to take them back as they are deported.

Those views on "Pakistani" physicist are not mine, they are from Pakistani press

So why didn't they come back to India after partition. Surely India is better place to live then Uganda! Or not!

I don't about thousands of Pakistanis but I to know there are plenty of Afghans who have misused our hospitality and use our country good name for criminal activities abroad. The interior minister is complaining about that those who are send to Pakistan are not even Pakistanis. But as I said looking from Fiji to America the mass migration of Indians leaving behind the motherland for good is a very tele tele sign.

i don't think there is anything for pak to cheer about. she is an american citizen , worked for her passion, profession and wealth. she will definitely not bring any knowledge to pak or help pak to establish any new research faclilities

Back
Top Bottom