What's new

Pakistani billionaire father and son, British explorer, French diver and company’s CEO are the five members aboard submersible

Wow...they worked hard. They can enjoy their money.

They are not responsible for the lazy people of Pakistan who allow theives to run their country
Correction: the workers in their factories worked hard. I wish they could enjoy that money.

You have all these people coming out of the woodwork NOW to talk about the shoddy construction and dangerous conditions of this vessel. Why didn't they sound the alarm to warn others?
I guess they did but nobody paid any attention to them because who wants to put the damper on "innovation". In 2018 OceanGate fired an employee when he raised safety concerns about the sub's porthole. The employee sued and OceanGate later settled out of court.

that is a painful way to go imploding under immense pressure of the sea.

I guess they did but nobody paid any attention to them because who wants to put the damper on "innovation". In 2018 OceanGate fired an employee when he raised safety concerns about the sub's porthole. The employee sued and OceanGate later settled out of court.

This company can now close and face the prosecution. Just don't understand why they were allowed to go on this mission without proper safety measures- ie RESCUE PLAN.

Damn sure sucks all those fancy equipment can't find one sub under water while knowing it's last ping location

I imagine the thing has gone into the Titanic ship itself
Finding a sub is actually one of the hardest tasks out there -- that's one of the biggest draws of submarine warfare. It puts the PN's investment in SWATS and UUVs into perspective. @SQ8

Not at all. It would have been near instantaneous implosion at 350 tons of force per square foot of surface area. At that pressure, the bodies would have been liquified in milliseconds.

Under water sea pressure is ridiculous , Average folks don't realize the difficulty

Humans can't even go down and up unless they "Slowly depressurize"

For longest period the deepest zones of Ocean were never explore , even I hear we have only explored 12% of ocean under water world

But what is astonishing is , some life forms still exist at that great pressure level

When Titanic movie first came out most people imagined Humans can conquer the depths of ocean and pave way for research on Moon's with Solid ice , and perhaps a liquid ocean below

However judging that idea again , I don't think Humans are really anywhere close to mastering the Ocean

They most likely died in an instant and probably did not realize death was imminent. Far better than lying in the cold and dark 13,000 feet under water, waiting for death.
I hope no harm comes to the people involved in the search and recovery team.

A little foolish to go on a risky trip, in my opinion.

I feel bad for the 19 year old. Too bad he died young.

Finding a sub is actually one of the hardest tasks out there -- that's one of the biggest draws of submarine warfare. It puts the PN's investment in SWATS and UUVs into perspective. @SQ8
The fact that they heard it imploding a few days ago from an unnamed sensor just tells you how important a SOSUS is. There have been headways made there - hence why IN subs are probing around a lot

A little foolish to go on a risky trip, in my opinion.

I feel bad for the 19 year old. Too bad he died young.
Now it seems foolish, but i doubt they knew it was a deathrap when they signed up

This makes it worse:

James Cameron says Titan submersible passengers likely had warning just before implosion​

Last edited:
إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّآ إِلَيْهِ رَٰجِعُونَ

Second tragedy for Pakistan after the loss of 300 people earlier at sea
Now another 2 Perish

Condolences to other folks from France and UK as well

This also confirms NASA will not explore any ocean based Moons in our solar system at least in my life time , we can't even operate in Earth's oceans properly
Are you seriously comparing this haphazard and borderline illegal expedition with NASA expedition??

Now it seems foolish, but i doubt they knew it was a deathrap when they signed up

This makes it worse:

James Cameron says Titan submersible passengers likely had warning just before implosion​

They most likely died in an instant and probably did not realize death was imminent. Far better than lying in the cold and dark 13,000 feet under water, waiting for death.
I hope no harm comes to the people involved in the search and recovery team.
watched a doctor talking about their death on TV.

What he (the doctor) said was, they would most likely have had a millisecond being hyper-pressurised, but unless they know something was wrong, the time it takes them to be hyper-pressurised would be very extremely short, their brain would not be registered that they are basically being crushed to death.

The fact that they heard it imploding a few days ago from an unnamed sensor just tells you how important a SOSUS is. There have been headways made there - hence why IN subs are probing around a lot
Bear in mind this submersible is a civilian craft, it did not actively try to hide their signature, on top of that they know where it's general area this sub would be, yet it still takes them 5 days to find it.

A cousin of mine was deployed to a sub, and he said you can hear noise with SOSUS, but the water is such a bad medium, you will never know where that sound originated, he said the signature is the same whether the noise you hear is 10 nm or 100nm away. Because sound don't lose a lot of energy while travelling in water, not like in the air. What they do is they would need to drop sonar buoy in a specific pattern to triangulate the source of the noise

Back
Top Bottom