What's new

Pakistan will get New Air Defence system within this Year - CAS on ARY News .

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) whether we order something or not is moot. But becoming part of a global supply chain for the likes of Leonardo will bring innumerable benefits, IF it is more than mere assembly. What could Pakistan possibly contribute? We don't have semiconductor fabrication. We do have Printed Circuit Board manufacturing, but we don't do it at an industrial scale. If Leonardo was to open up a design centre/centre of excellence there would be a huge learning curve before our local workers can produce something acceptable to Leonardo. I think the very first step would be some kind of partnership between a local university such as NUST and some Italian electronics program. In order to entice Italy towards this, we would need to lure them through lucrative deals, plus some sort of priority manufacturing capacity in China. So the chips are manufactured in China, travel to nearby Pakistan where the end product is manufactured and tested.

By the way, the 'lucrative deal' doesn't have to be a Pakistani procurement. If we can get the likes of Azerbaijan and Qatar to invest in Leonardo's products, we could become the exclusive system integrator for their products on JF-17 Block 3.

This so called hard truth is only half the picture. Your politicians also share half of the blame who were in bed with the army, inviting themselves to overthrow governments. Let us not go there.
I agree.

1 EFT 150 million USD... That's 8 jf 17 in same price
Typhoon_Air-to-Air_Beast_Mode_1.jpg

thats the supposed $150 million plane with the load on... plus with one of the very advanced avionics / EW capability for an aircraft in the world...a good deal can be negotiated for USD 5 Billion plus minus... 28 aircrafts at best...
however, i do not want to indulge in another off topic discussion or speculations... its just not on the table.. just to be clear

View attachment 720095
thats the supposed $150 million plane with the load on... plus with one of the very advanced avionics / EW capability for an aircraft in the world...a good deal can be negotiated for USD 5 Billion plus minus... 28 aircrafts at best...
however, i do not want to indulge in another off topic discussion or speculations... its just not on the table.. just to be clear

It does not have AESA radar still in development

In this show, it comes to my surprise that Shibli Faraz was a GDP in PAF. He's such a چھپا رستم.

By 2047, there will be 6th or 7th generation fighters in the theatre.

Breaking News

Pakistan will get New Air Defence system this Year according to Chief of Air Staff Mujahid Anwar Khan . While till completion of 100 years of Pakistan i.e 2047 , PAF will be fully converted into 5th generation Air force . He also said that Indian PM Modi used IAF for his political gains during Feb 2019 .

View attachment 719270

View attachment 719269

This is not a breaking news.... it’s already known that Pakistan approached China back in 2016 for long range air defense system. It will most likely be a HQ-9/FD-2000 with 300+ range, better radar (AESA) and passive sensors.
As far as fighter jet option, in current scenario J-10 is the most logical choice.
Majority expect HQ-9 but some even saying that its Russian . don't know .

Russia is not willing to give us long range system. They are only offering short range system. News from few years back, not sure now.

Back
Top Bottom