What's new

Pakistan vs South Africa: 2 T20s, 5 ODIs & 2 Tests

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Today is the first T-2O of Paistan vs South Africa. Please post all the news related to this tournament in this thread only!

Toss: Afridi wins the toss and elects to bat. "Reading the pitch is an art, there is something here for the fast bowlers, but it should favour batsmen. South Africa are a good opponent, lots of youngsters in both sides."

Johan Botha: "There will be dew later, I think it will work in our favour. Hope to form a good leadership partnership with Graeme Smith (captain of the other two formats). Great series against Zimbabwe and we look to continue that."

19.26 local time Hello and a warm welcome to the first Twenty20 between Pakistan and South Africa. Plenty of build-up to this series, it is an important one from Pakistan, from their home away from home in the Middle East. South Africa meanwhile return here after ten years. Firdose Moonda gives a ringside view of South Africa's lead-up to this tour here. The toss, from the resplendent Sheikh Zayed stadium in Abu Dhabi, is upon us in a couple of minutes.

guyz guyz guyz - before you start criticizing either teams
This ground is 70 meters from all 4 sides

So the boundary is very long so less scores are expected in my opinion

guyz guyz guyz - before you start criticizing either teams
This ground is 70 meters from all 4 sides

So the boundary is very long so less scores are expected in my opinion

aray don'y worry yar When there is Afridi and Abdul Razzaq in batting lineup then don't worry about boundary's length... :)

We will give tough time to SA... :pakistan:

Best of luck :pakistan:.. watch out for Hashim Amla,Bosman and the new guy david miller.

They have got a formidable batting line up nowadays.'

Gul needs to be at his best and akhtar needs to get early breakthroughs..

Otherwise its game over.

im surprised, with such 'changed team', what will they do??

are you talking about SA?? If yes, Kallis and Steyn are not playing today..

19.43 Younis Khan is not playing today. But the big news is Jacques Kallis and Dale Steyn are not playing either. Steyn was warming up in the ground, but South Africa don't want to hurry him into action following that major injury in the Champions League.

Cricinfo:

19.50 Another legendary fast bowler is on air. Waqar Younis, the Pakistan coach. "We need to try and generate revenues from this series and ensure they are delivered back in Pakistan (where floods have caused massive devastation). Younis Khan is back in the longer formats. Mohammad Yousuf will be back too. We all know what happened in England, but now we have our brain back in cricket," he says.

Steyn on air: "These things happen," he says philosophically about that horrendous fall on his head, which led to concussion, in the Champions League semi-final. "I have broken fingers while fielding, broken my back while taking a catch - a lot of freak injuries." In essence, he's seen it all. "Another opportunity for Rusty Theron, and the other youngsters coming in. I want to bowl consistently at 150 kph, and in the right areas." Batsmen the world over won't want him to recover in a hurry.

I hope our openers will give us a good start...

Insha'Allah World Cup bhi hamara hai :lol:

First four of the tournament - First four of the match!!!!

Pakistan 7/0 after 0.3 overs

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

4444444444444444 more

Pakistan 11/0 after 0.4 overs!!!!!!

Pakistan are 14/0 after first over. The most productive first over ever in T-20 for Pakistan

lol - Umpire didn't give first wide or perhaps it touched

But now Morkel is giving wide wide and wides hehehe

Recent overs 1 . 1wd 1wd 4 4 . 1wd 1wd 1

Back
Top Bottom