What's new

Pakistan votes for Israeli resolution

I do believe acceptance of the US proposed IPR was one of the major reasons for the derailment of the Pak-US BIT negotiations.

correct but in this case the US was right to demand this IPR to safeguard their technology.

jantobanto said:
so, plz have some self honour and respect, and self belive. we are lossing our idealogical pakistan.
This "idealogical" [sic] Pakistan you speak of has proved to be a gigantic failure. Is this what you want to persist with? A near failed state being propped up by hand outs from self centered benefactors?

Is this sense of "honour and respect" so vain that it should come at the cost of around a 165 million people?

This "idealogical" [sic] Pakistan you speak of has proved to be a gigantic failure. Is this what you want to persist with? A near failed state being propped up by hand outs from self centered benefactors?

Is this sense of "honour and respect" so vain that it should come at the cost of around a 165 million people?

Another statement reminiscent of the predictions made by all and sundry (without qualification) that Pakistan is a failed state or will be one (we have been hearing that every 5 to 10 years for the past 40 years).

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, however the reality is quite a bit different. Ideological Pakistan carries on with its ups and downs but not one Pakistani would ever say that the foundation on which it was laid was off. We have our growing pains, others have seen even worse and finally got over them. I see the same for Pakistan. Regardless of the problems, Pakistan continues on as a vibrant, developing country. Problems in terms of stability, Internal security etc. exists in many other places of the world so Pakistan is not alone in this arena.

The foundation of Pakistan on the basis of "A" (not "The") country with laws and systems in-line with the aspirations of the Muslims is still intact. It is an evolving society which will go through its challenges and pains and then realize that the ideology was never wrong. It just was not implemented properly.

Note: I say its not "The" only country because now there is BD. The idea of Pakistan can be reconciled with the fact that there is another Muslim majority entity aside from Pakistan in the region.

happy to see, that there are some pakistanis happy to defend our idealogical , beloved pakistan.

thanks mr, BLAIN

BY, not supporting the very idea, of pakistan s supprt to israeli motion, peoples were calling me a child.

by, doing that they cant get their NICs, i guss....?

i think crrunt pakistani goverment already losted its ability to decide thier 0wn agenda, what ever they were trying , is a clear example of ammerican domminance of our culture, country, our eonomy, our pOlitics.

why, not mushy simply go,to WASHINGTON DC, AND MAKE IT A JOINT CAPITOL OF PAKISTAN +USA?

Look janto, the thing is that world politics dont work or follow the rule of self emotions these days. Its all about self interest whether its a muslim country or a non muslim country. All these years we never accepted isreal as a country, how exactly did it benefit the arab nations and the palestine cause? What we need to understand is that isreal as a country is going no where. Its there to exist. All these years we did not accepted it and how exactly did it help the palestine cause. All it did was to actually encourage india to get involved with isreal in a strategic relationship and isreal started supporting the india's stance on kashmir. In such a case where one does not acknowlege the fact about the existence of a state, you expect the state to actually vote in favour of you against its strategic partner. You know isreal is involved in bilateral strategic partnership with egypt and turkey where actually isreal also makes defence equipments for these two nations. In the past egypt was actually in war with isreal. Isreal more then anything wants a relationship with pakistan, it has expressed on a number of occasions, its us who dont want to because of arabs, which doesnt give a *** when they develop relationship with the greastest enemy of pakistan i.e india. We should stop living in a fantasy world and should face the fact that isreal is there to stay, and whether its in a favour or not, we should accept the fact and open diplomatic relationships with isreal, because if we can do it with india with which we fought three wars we can surely do it with isreal as well.

I completely agree arab countries don't give a damn about pakistan ! what do they do but fund these bloody madarassahs that cause nothing but problems for pak they have NEVER stood up for us and treat pakistanis like dirt in ME countries.I hate this mentality that pakistanis have where everything we do in our foreign policy depends on if arabs will like it !!:hitwall:
turkey,jordan and egypt all have ties with israel so i don't see why pakistan can't either ignoring them has brought nothing atleast accepting them will bring one less enemy.High time pakistan starts looking out for no 1.
Sad truth is nobody cares about pakistan and the sooner we realize this the better.Besides maybe pak could learn a thing fron israelis from dealing with militants they're masters in targetted killings if we had their expertise and intelligence help all these terrorists would have been wiped out long ago and pak would be far more secure.

great, opinions and ideas were comming on to this theard.

if , we can take this issue to the people of pakistan, i am sure that majorty of pakistani people would not accept the very idea of ISRAELs SUPPORT on any level by pakistan.

masses of pakistan surely will reject all this crap.

by the way , there were a lot of countries who become economic power certenly not because of any external supprt but ! thier own planing , hardwork, and faithfulness to thier objectives.

Another statement reminiscent of the predictions made by all and sundry (without qualification) that Pakistan is a failed state or will be one (we have been hearing that every 5 to 10 years for the past 40 years).

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, however the reality is quite a bit different. Ideological Pakistan carries on with its ups and downs but not one Pakistani would ever say that the foundation on which it was laid was off. We have our growing pains, others have seen even worse and finally got over them. I see the same for Pakistan. Regardless of the problems, Pakistan continues on as a vibrant, developing country. Problems in terms of stability, Internal security etc. exists in many other places of the world so Pakistan is not alone in this arena.

The foundation of Pakistan on the basis of "A" (not "The") country with laws and systems in-line with the aspirations of the Muslims is still intact. It is an evolving society which will go through its challenges and pains and then realize that the ideology was never wrong. It just was not implemented properly.

Note: I say its not "The" only country because now there is BD. The idea of Pakistan can be reconciled with the fact that there is another Muslim majority entity aside from Pakistan in the region.

Ideological Pakistan has not given the vibrancy and economic boost to Pakistan.

It is the "pragmatic Pakistan" that Musharraf has given a vision to which is responsible for the luxury that you are enjoying.

Hopefully. when the election come, the people of Pakistan votes the continuation of this pragmatic Pakistan rather than return to the old days.

On it will depend the issue of failed state or a vibrant state.

You are the ones to select your destiny!

Ideological Pakistan has not given the vibrancy and economic boost to Pakistan.

It is the "pragmatic Pakistan" that Musharraf has given a vision to which is responsible for the luxury that you are enjoying.

Hopefully. when the election come, the people of Pakistan votes the continuation of this pragmatic Pakistan rather than return to the old days.

On it will depend the issue of failed state or a vibrant state.

You are the ones to select your destiny!
That pretty much sums up my response as well.

Not that i am with Israel or i Support the thinking of supporting Israel at any level, But its Ironical that we Pakistanis are so touchy in relations with Israel yet all other Arab Countries have relations with them. No one seems to be bothered by the fact that Israel is the biggest problem in the Middle East and its very existance threatens all other existences in the region.

Not that i want the answer to this reason, political and non political reasons are there but it shows at what stage the level of our Faith and believe in the Help of Allah has fallen. We are so involved in the world of our own that we can not even stand for the truth and can not even say the truth any more.

Pakistan has to come up with Pakistani solutions, Pakistan should learn from his past in which it flourished by leaps and bounds and was even a pivotal force in helping countries like south Korea by giving its 5 years plan.

Our plan has to fit us and it should start by fixing our political systems, these systems are being abused by so called leaders, progress is at stand still due mainly to the frustrations and dissatisfaction of common man.

The first thing is to get rid of is those elements who are stealing national money and pocketing it as if it was theirs.

Corruption is the main cause of Pakistan's inability to progress, home invasions due to ignorance and greed is rampant, police is unable to catch the culprits and provide safety and security to the people.

Qabza groups are sponsored by leaders and politicians and are taking property of innocent people by force and there is not protection for a honest and hard working citizen.

Cleanliness is dismal and there is no action by local govt to do anything about it, garbage is every where and flies are abudnat, Most of all there is epidemic of Hepatitis c

If people are happy with the environment they will work harder and innovate as before. But if they are unhappy it will effect a Nation adversrly and will cause a nation loose its image, people will become unconcerned for its country and its cities and its neighbors.

In west the progress is mainly due to its people believing in the Govt and politicians, politician in turn create an environment of trust by being transparent and law abiding.

In Pakistan ever since its creation and recently more so politicians are fighting with each other on media and in the news, A citizen never hears any thing from these 100 TV channels, but fighting among politicians, they are using all the resources of the country for personal fights and for greed.

So fix the political and environmental systems and the rest will fall into place itself.

Back
Top Bottom