What's new

Pakistan-US joint air exercise - Falcon Talon III

Forget the politicians, the US Military is always keen to have a close relations with their Pakistani counterparts.
Apparently apart from the Red Flag, USAF has been adamant to have joint exercises with PAF and finally after 9 years, PAF is allowed them the opportunity.
:lol:
ustad utni choora karo jitni control bhi karr sakko!

kahe faisalabad k rehny waly to nahi ho?

To what effect? Flybys and photo ops?

To the same effect you conduct exercise in the first place. To the second effect that it will give a good PR to a plane that we are looking to export.

Just one of the many leaks and reports that came after that Red Flag. Pretty sure that a cursory google search will give you quite a bit more, especially on the fratricides.
Those leaks can be taken with a pinch of salt. There are other leaks where Google gives alot of links including those where Indians did not lose to a single engagements but we all know the authenticity of such claims. Real results hardly ever make it to the public domain which is why i asked you for the basis of your claim.
Anyway lets stick to the topic shall we.

To the same effect you conduct exercise in the first place. To the second effect that it will give a good PR to a plane that we are looking to export.

Those leaks can be taken with a pinch of salt. There are other leaks where Google gives alot of links including those where Indians did not lose to a single engagements but we all know the authenticity of such claims. Real results hardly ever make it to the public domain which is why i asked you for the basis of your claim.
Anyway lets stick to the topic shall we.

Red Flag was conducted over a number of years. In one of these engagements, USAF sent their rookies, whereas IAF sent their top pilots. Even so, the IAF employed one single maneuver of attaining height, then using super maneuverability to easily point their nose at the American F-15s. This obviously gave a very skewed result.

US relation with Pakistan is a funny case, though there is no doubt that the top notch equipment came from USA however they are the ones who are responsible to keep PA a modest force. We are allies but India can get CBU 105s while we cant, India is offered AESA equipped F16s however we can't even get Jordanians F16s and there is no chance of F16V kits.
1971 we had an arm embargo but we were allies, 1999 We were allies but PAF was sanctioned.
Can anyone shed some light on this weird ally relation?
@Windjammer i think, as a person jumping up and down in this thread, u should answer that!

maybe they will sell new F16 to PAF because J10c just left.
We don't need f16s unless they come free. JF17 block3 available in numbers will be a much better choice

Red Flag was conducted over a number of years. In one of these engagements, USAF sent their rookies, whereas IAF sent their top pilots. Even so, the IAF employed one single maneuver of attaining height, then using super maneuverability to easily point their nose at the American F-15s. This obviously gave a very skewed result.
IAF used to boast about their phenomenal successes in the dogfight in red flag. In response USAF had clarified that in actual combat IAF would be shot from the skies before they even came to know that USAF was in the area

It would be interesting to see how the JF-17's would perform against their US counterparts. I doubt they will be used. It will probably be PAF F-16's and older planes.
Shame as thats what everyone wants to know.
I know they have been thoroughly tested against our f16s but still

Last edited:
:lol:
ustad utni choora karo jitni control bhi karr sakko!

kahe faisalabad k rehny waly to nahi ho?

Pentagon and Foreign office both have different opinion about having relations with Pakistan Pentagon want to keep some sort of relations and dont want to repeat 90s mistake.

It would be interesting to see how the JF-17's would perform against their US counterparts. I doubt they will be used. It will probably be PAF F-16's and older planes.

PAF may not pitch JFTs against USAF as they have not allowed use of F-16 against Chinese birds.

There is / are F-22 based out of Afghanistan, USAF likely knows what it needs to know about the KE-3s, JF-17s. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an F-22 present in Pak airspace during the Shaheen-VII exercise. I am not trying to make USAF sound like something that is invincible but they are real good and have some kick A## equipment.

Let JF-17 go against the F-18, let them do a real "What you can do, i can do better."

PS: I don't think PAF is going to buy any new F-16s ( Block 70 or 80 or 90 ). If PAF was interested in paying 100% out of its pockets, they would have signed for the 8 that they passed on. Now that being said, PAF is very likely to pick up used if they can get OK from US Gov't. Biggest hurdle would be getting OK for the best MLU to what these jets can get. PAF is getting AESA, its a mute point for US to hold that upgrade, only issue would be the Indian Sponsored lobby jacked up on Indian Business Communities funding.
Hi MIRauf if we go by your logic of f22 presence during the exercise it means Chinese already
Knows that Americans already have clue about 10c progress coz they knows how much secured or less secured Pakistani air space is to spy on latest Chinese technology
Otherwise they might have bring their latest radar technology to find out about stealth planes
So in that case they trying to lure Americans to show f22 presence during the exercise
I think China is willing to supply these jets on deferred payments or long term loans that’s why
They brought these jets in this excercise
What’s your thought will be appreciated
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom