Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
1678597535369.png

Found this from Arabian defence Forum.
@arslank03
@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
@HRK

@JamD remember long time ago avrid was working on something similar?

its a start, its not world-leading , itll likely not even gain any export success, but its a start. Dimensions wise, its similar to the TRI-60, an engine from 1974, but, it has 400lbf less thrust, though, ultimately, its a start and hopefully soon we will have a v2 with significant improvements

Where are we getting the metallurgy from for this?

Where are we getting the metallurgy from for this?
I think domestically sourcing the basic material for micro engine should not be a big deal for us.

Remember Pakistan used to locally manufacture uranium enrichment centrifuges since late 80s which mean metallurgy of such materials which could with stand thousands of RPM and can sustain pressure many times of normal 'g force' was available in Pakistan

its a start, its not world-leading , itll likely not even gain any export success, but its a start. Dimensions wise, its similar to the TRI-60, an engine from 1974, but, it has 400lbf less thrust, though, ultimately, its a start and hopefully soon we will have a v2 with significant improvements
This?
Screenshot_20230820-000129.png
Screenshot_20230918_025936_Gallery.jpg

I think domestically sourcing the basic material for micro engine should not be a big deal for us.

Remember Pakistan used to locally manufacture uranium enrichment centrifuges since late 80s which mean metallurgy of such materials which could with stand thousands of RPM and can sustain pressure many times of normal 'g force' was available in Pakistan

High temperature alloys are a WHOLE different kettle of fish.

Nickel based alloys, with single crystal growth, I would be very surprised if we can do that.

Nickel based alloys, with single crystal growth, I would be very surprised if we can do that.

Not so much at this scale.

We are not talking about KN thrust scale,

Yes, I do remember. However, as you know I have little faith in AvRID but some faith in GIDS. So I suspect this will survive.

This is probably an attempt to reverse engineer an existing turbojet for domestic production and use - maybe you can use your skills to see which model exactly.

Not so much at this scale.

We are not talking about KN thrust scale,
Yes, and also see the maximum operating time of 45 minutes. Definitely not meant for anything that comes back to land.

So baby steps but important baby steps.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom