What's new

Pakistan to Test Long Range Missile- Informs India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report from Deccan Chronicle:

Days after India conducted its Agni-V test, Pakistan has informed India it too is conducting a 'long-range missile test in the Indian Ocean' anytime from April 24 to 29 (from 8.30 to 11 am IST), and asked the Indian civil aviation authorities Monday evening to issue a NOTAM (notice to airmen) to warn commercial airlines and pilots to steer clear of the area.

Flights heading to the Gulf from India in that specific time-period will have to be rescheduled or rerouted, sources said.

Pakistan informed the Indian authorities Monday evening it was waiting for India to issue the NOTAM and asked it to communicate the NOTAM number to the Pakistan civil aviation authority swiftly.

Pakistan also said that Oman and Yemen had already issued NOTAMs ahead of the Pakistani long-range missile test.

Sources said Pakistan conducts its missile tests over the Indian Ocean in the southern direction due to which flights from India to the Gulf and Africa have to be rescheduled or rerouted.

"The communications from Pakistan always come in the last minute, mostly just a day in advance. Airlines have to be informed immediately," sources said.

Pakistan is developing its 'Shaheen' long-range missiles that it hopes can eventually clock a range of 4,000-4,500 kms. Pakistan’s entire nuclear-capable missile arsenal is India-specific and is trying to develop long-range missiles that has strike capacity to destruct whole of India.

Pakistan to launch missile; alert forces India to rejig flights to Gulf | Deccan Chronicle

only "daccan herald" has this news...
doesnt look authentic...
and pakistan is in no need of a long range missile.

Pakistan always had the capability of adding one or two more stages to an existing missile and extend the range..but it has never been a need of pakistan..still isnt.
i will be surprised if they do it now..only as a show off to india.

only "daccan herald" has this news...
doesnt look authentic...
and pakistan is in no need of a long range missile.

Pakistan always had the capability of adding one or two more stages to an existing missile and extend the range..but it has never been a need of pakistan..still isnt.
i will be surprised if they do it now..only as a show off to india.

Even if they do test it, it won't be much aimed at India since Pakistan can already target all of India, so it will most likely be for some other country.

How reliable is this news.

Pakistan can basically copy and paste the reasons for the missile test. Non-specific to any country, blah blah..

i dont think in current senario pakistan will test, first of all we are toomuch indepted to IMF, we need more loans and for which to please america we are alreadyopening up the supply route, the missile test willhave salt on the wound effect?

I don't think it's true
It's probably not going to happen until we have Yanks running wild in neighbouring Afghanistan..

.......... Best of luck, Fellas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom