What's new

Pakistan to test fire a medium range missile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of long range missile,our top priority should be Submarine launched cruise missile.

We should also develop a Air launched cruise missile but with atleast 2mach speed for nuclear strike from JF-17/F-16
An improved MRBM should be our priority because of the potential arising Indian capabilities in the field of missile defense. SLCM is a priority, just not a publicized one because of obvious repercussions.

Lets hope PAF gets its hands on YJ-12 or Sino-ASMP-A missiles in the future, they can be used for nuclear roles.

Really? What say we take this to another, more appropriate thread? Would love to hear what you learnt through your tour there this August. I too would like to know what is what ;)

Tag me anywhere and I'll come and listen.

You are a Kashmiri ? :o:

I hope you're a Butt Sahib as well ! :smokin:

The NAVAREA warning does not mention an MRBM test.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is there an agreement between our countries to inform each other before ballistic missile tests?

Correct me if I am wrong, but is there an agreement between our countries to inform each other before ballistic missile tests?
Yes there is, so that test launches are not perceived as an assault, specially in a tense pre-war-like situation.

Yes there is, so that test launches are not perceived as an assault, specially in a tense pre-war-like situation.

So mate, there is no way you cannot secretly conduct a test or withheld the result of the test as @Rashid Mahmood said.. I mean enemy countries will also watching your moves right?

So mate, there is no way you cannot secretly conduct a test or withheld the result of the test as @Rashid Mahmood said.. I mean enemy countries will also watching your moves right?
Indeed, a secret ballistic missile launch cannot be conducted without informing India. However, it is in our control whether to inform media about the event or not, provided Indian authorities don't pass it on to their media.
India not only watches the moves, but also attempts are made to track the flight path of our missiles and obtain related information.

What he meant was publically announce them to the Pakistani public. India would obviously be alerted of any upcoming ballistic tests, plus ballistic missile tests aren't exactly hard to keep secret by any nation that's watching from "up above."

An improved MRBM should be our priority because of the potential arising Indian capabilities in the field of missile defense. SLCM is a priority, just not a publicized one because of obvious repercussions.

Lets hope PAF gets its hands on YJ-12 or Sino-ASMP-A missiles in the future, they can be used for nuclear roles.

Rightly said. However do note that our main arsenal of MRBM contains Shaheen 1, Shaheen 1A and Shaheen 2. Now the longest range Shaheen 2 is fitted with a an advanced re-entry vehicle that have four control fins and side thrusters that enables the trajectory of re-entry vehicle to be altered in terminal phase. This provides with much increased accuracy (it is claimed that this missile can perform surgical strikes) and also enables the re-entry vehicle/warhead to perform evasive maneuvers in order to defeat any anti-ballistic missile system. Same goes for Shaheen 1A that have a similar maneuverable re-entry vehicle. All the Shaheen series missiles have Post-Separation Attitude Correction system providing for greater accuracy and high maneuverability to avoid anti-ballistic missile systems. What further needs to be developed is MIRV (reported to be under development. Once that is done that will effectively solve the MRBM section for Pakistan military.

All said, i feel that MIRV when ready will come with an increased range Shaheen 3 and will later also equip Shaheen 2 missiles, but will start off with Shaheen 3.

No we cant but this also do not mean that media will also be informed before hand. Same goes for Indian tests mostly. So if there is a test of the cards, the Indian authorities will be notified before-hand. That is the deal!

Initial tests are mostly without roll maneuvers and on a lofted trajectory, and never on maximum range. So we cant be too sure.

Agreed but then again 1500 Km is a bit too low if it is Shaheen 3 so I stand by that I do nt think it will be Shaheen 3. Lets see what happens. I am not going to speculate J

Rightly said. However do note that our main arsenal of MRBM contains Shaheen 1, Shaheen 1A and Shaheen 2. Now the longest range Shaheen 2 is fitted with a an advanced re-entry vehicle that have four control fins and side thrusters that enables the trajectory of re-entry vehicle to be altered in terminal phase. This provides with much increased accuracy (it is claimed that this missile can perform surgical strikes) and also enables the re-entry vehicle/warhead to perform evasive maneuvers in order to defeat any anti-ballistic missile system. Same goes for Shaheen 1A that have a similar maneuverable re-entry vehicle. All the Shaheen series missiles have Post-Separation Attitude Correction system providing for greater accuracy and high maneuverability to avoid anti-ballistic missile systems. What further needs to be developed is MIRV (reported to be under development. Once that is done that will effectively solve the MRBM section for Pakistan military.
Some corrections there, Shaheen-IA & Shaheen-II don't have any fins on the RV, and use thrusters instead. While the theoretical capability of altering trajectory is there, it can't be put to practice because of lack of onboard fuel for correction system.There is only enough to put the RV on the correct trajectory, and the TCS is jettisoned soon after (while the RV is still in ascent).
All said, i feel that MIRV when ready will come with an increased range Shaheen 3 and will later also equip Shaheen 2 missiles, but will start off with Shaheen 3.
Thats correct, similar approach is being followed, however because of lesser payload capability of Shaheen-II, it won't be possible to put MIRVs on it.

Some corrections there, Shaheen-IA & Shaheen-II don't have any fins on the RV, and use thrusters instead. While the theoretical capability of altering trajectory is there, it can't be put to practice because of lack of onboard fuel for correction system.There is only enough to put the RV on the correct trajectory, and the TCS is jettisoned soon after (while the RV is still in ascent).

Thats correct, similar approach is being followed, however because of lesser payload capability of Shaheen-II, it won't be possible to put MIRVs on it.

So Shaheen-III with upgraded technology and sophisticated MIRV payloads becomes a necessity for Pakistani strategic strike command.

Wonder if this can be used as diplomatic/strategic rationale/explanation to develop an ICBMish type long range, heavy-payload carrying, massive missile system..and Pakistan can go like "Hey, we need to counter india's ABM systems..and our current missiles are small and can't be fitted with appropriate technologies. We need to develop this system to meet our needs." ...

I don't know...

No Kashmiri wants to separate?? LOL.. You can't argue on that with me..Because I had a tour there this August and I know what is what...
I too have not so different experience then yours when I went there last year.

So Shaheen-III with upgraded technology and sophisticated MIRV payloads becomes a necessity for Pakistani strategic strike command.
Indeed.
Wonder if this can be used as diplomatic/strategic rationale/explanation to develop an ICBMish type long range, heavy-payload carrying, massive missile system..and Pakistan can go like "Hey, we need to counter india's ABM systems..and our current missiles are small and can't be fitted with appropriate technologies. We need to develop this system to meet our needs." ...
Nope, it does not works like that. Pakistan won't develop a sophisticated and expensive system if there isn't any considerable threat, its a waste of time and resources. Haha no, these are lame excuses.

Reactions: AUz
Indeed, a secret ballistic missile launch cannot be conducted without informing India. However, it is in our control whether to inform media about the event or not, provided Indian authorities don't pass it on to their media.
India not only watches the moves, but also attempts are made to track the flight path of our missiles and obtain related information.

That is what the Swordfish portable radars are for, apart from the fixed radar installations. And of late....the 'pie-in-the-skies'.

Watch Ghauri missile test. You will notice it goes straight up. No roll maneuver. Goes on a lofted trajectory,playing safe. As lofted trajectory means RV enters atmosphere at high angle or near vertical,and no need for sophisticated materials and advanced course correction systems.
Then watch Shaheen missile onwards. All ballistic missiles after shaheen 1 change course from verical to slanting,indicative of depressed trajectory. Means massive improvement in missiles capability to navigate, stay on course and make adjustments to the course.
Alsi RV hits atmosphete at shallow angles,anf generates tooo much stress and heat,requiring use of advanced materials.

I disagree with Deterrant who likes to play down Pakistans missile capabilities and says not much improvements made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom