What's new

Pakistan to sell 05 to 07 JF-17 Thunder Fighter Planes next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure if the cost of each Block-II JF-17s would be $23 Million per piece then for 100 JF-17s for PAF it will cost $2.3 Billions in 5 years time. Also if PAC would have gain more orders like from Yemen, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and other countries then it can easily produce about 50-55 JF-17s each year....

Tell me about the dual seat version of this aircraft???? Is it ready to be produced???
I don't think Qatar and KuwaIt will buy JF17.

I am sure if the cost of each Block-II JF-17s would be $23 Million per piece then for 100 JF-17s for PAF it will cost $2.3 Billions in 5 years time. Also if PAC would have gain more orders like from Yemen, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and other countries then it can easily produce about 50-55 JF-17s each year....

Tell me about the dual seat version of this aircraft???? Is it ready to be produced???
Block II can be good replacement for Jordan and Morocco to replace their Mirage F-1 and F-5 Planes

Last edited:
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...cks-specifications-on-exporting-jf-17-thunder

ISLAMABAD - Pakistan’s strained economic condition puts to question the country’s capability to spend billions of rupees on the defence sector on the pretext of enhancing the defence exports and kicking off related strategic ventures.
While the country grapples with worst kind of economic crises owing to crippled industry due to ever-rising inflation, increasing cost of industrial expenditures following massive hike in power tariff as well as security situation, billions of rupees are reportedly being pumped in the strategic projects without any accurate anticipation whether such kind of large-scale investment at the cost of public money would bear any fruit.
Some reports suggest that Pakistan intends to export sophisticated JF-17 Thunder fighter jets to certain countries by next year and $ 100 million (over 10 billion rupees) have been released in this regard. Interestingly, this reported amount is more than four times the size of funds allocated to Pakistan’s defence production sector (2.3 billion rupees) in this year’s fiscal budget. In the defence budget for the ongoing year, there is no mention of any prioritised project in the Defence Production Division suggesting the exports of JF-17 Thunder and the allocation of over Rs 10 billion for related expenses.
The budgetary allocations for defence and defence production sectors for the fiscal year 2013-14 suggest, of the Rs 627 billion defence budget, the Defence Division has received Rs 4.2 billion and the Defence Production Division, Rs 2.300 billion. Separately, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and Ministry of Defence Production (MoDP) have respectively got Rs 1.3 billion and Rs 5.8 billion. Pakistan Army has got Rs 310 billion in this year’s fiscal budget, which is almost 50 percent of the total defence budget for 2013-14. The PAF got Rs 131 billion that makes 21 percent of the Rs 627 billion defence budget while Pakistan Navy got Rs 63 billion, around 10 percent of the defence funds. Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) got Rs 6.2 billion.
As many as 20 projects have been prioritised for which Rs 3.5 billion have been allocated while only two projects in the Defence Production Division have been prioritised with the allocation of Rs 2.3 billion.
Adding to the mystery shrouding reported plans for exporting JF-17 Thunder, the top government functionaries concerned have kept conspicuous mum over the issue. This correspondent called Rana Tanvir Hussain, Federal Minister for Defence Production thrice at his personal cell number on Friday to get his viewpoint on the issue but he did not speak. His personal assistant Muhammad Bilal said the minister was in a meeting with Governor Punjab Chaudhry Muhammad Sarwar and was not available for comments.
Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid, on contact, expressed inability to comment on the issue saying the matter was not known to him. “Frankly speaking, I haven’t heard of any such development. How can I say anything without having proper knowledge?”
The Secretary Defence Production Lieutenant General (r) Tanvir Tahir was called at his official landline number 051-9270930 but he, according to his staff, was not in the office.
Jointly manufactured by Aviation Industry Corp of China and the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC), JF-17 Thunder is originally a Chinese product, with the related technology shifted to Pakistan in the recent years. Regarded as a third-generation multipurpose combat jet, the JF-17 Thunder, in technical terms, is known as FC-1 Fierce Dragon.
In an interview with a Chinese news agency in May this year, Chairman PAC Air Marshal Sohail Gul Khan had claimed that several countries were interested in buying JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan. The PAC manufactured more than 40 JF-17 Thunder aircraft, he had said
The recent media reports claim Pakistan is to export five to seven JF-17 Thunder jets to the countries like Sri Lanka, Kuwait and Qatar and related deliberations are under way.
Requesting anonymity, a retired air marshal said, the manufacturing cost incurred on JF-17 Thunder is 1.5 billion to two billion rupees, roughly. “It needs to be determined whether there is a significant room for exporting this aircraft and earning profit after incurring such huge amount of money,” he said. Pakistan’s current defence budget of Rs 627 billion has seen 15 percent surge compared to the last year’s defence budget of Rs 545 billion that was revised at Rs 570 billion.

Does not seem like we will be exporting the thunders any sooner.

Willing to bet you a Chicken broast that five days later or in the next thread the cynical member in question will be semi-trolling again with the same rant. You up for it?

As ever, your gentle tinge commands obedience :D

I think that you are giving too much weight to an article. I got a feeling that the writer does not quite have a grip on the subject. Its mostly his opinion. He seems upset that he could not get a response from sources. His issue is with the statement that Pakistan has issued $ 100 million for exporting JF-17. I would not bother too much with this statement. There are a lot of things in the background and this statement can be explained in a number of ways. In any case, there is nothing substantial in this article.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not the sort of article that would merit a new thread.

The only thing Pakistan has rights over is 60 percent of the airframe and some second and third level avionics. The Radar, weapon systems, engine, ejection seat, APS, Electrical accessories, alternators, basically everything else is non-pakistani. Do note the 60 percent as well as, as i suspect it covers only the non-challenging parts of the airframe, panels and such, while the hydraulics and other serious airframe parts will be owned by the chinese since pakistan cannot manufacture them anyway. AND lets also not forget that PAF hasnt manufactured the 60 percent till date of their own admission and only plans to get that expertise by 2014/2015 - that's an earlier estimate where they stated 150 planes by 2015/16 and with it the assembling and manufacturing experience.. so that estimate is invalid since they are no where near the 150 mark. It still gets the planes as semi knocked down kits from Chengdu. So basically all the manufacturing will be made by China of the planes which get exported.

The only thing Pakistan will get is royalty for the 60 percent IPR they hold, plus if they throw in their second and third tier support avionics, that revenue as well. PAF will be lucky if they get 2 to 3 million out of every plane sold out of the 30 million. And I'm being generous here because royalties are 3.8 percent if you take the MKI deal we had with the russians, and that too for the WHOLE PLANE minus some Indian second tier avionics. 2 to 3 million out of 30 million is 10 PERCENT and that too for only 60 percent of god knows what inconsequential part of the airframe, and some minor support avionics. They might score on the pilot and ground staff training though.

And here goes another useless arm chair general who blabbers without reading some basic things about profit sharing of JF-17 which would be 50-50 split b/w both CAC and PAF.

And here goes another useless arm chair general who blabbers without reading some basic things about profit sharing of JF-17 which would be 50-50 split b/w both CAC and PAF.
Sir Is BLOCK II being tested by now I mean is full plane ready and being tested ?????????

defence budget has nothing to do with export of war material.

It would be great if we started exported it.. It is much easier to market a product when you can pin point to satisfied customers. Its sales also go up if its successful in a war or battle condition. I know. I know, its not a weapon that wins the battle but the skills of the pilots but those fat cats dont give a care. :P :P

I have few questions, why we are so keen to sell JF-17s when our own requirement is far from over? further is there are any plans to rapidly evolve the plane for current and future requirements? because India rapidly advancing in quality and quantity and showing hostile intentions on LOC.

I have few questions, why we are so keen to sell JF-17s when our own requirement is far from over? further is there are any plans to rapidly evolve the plane for current and future requirements? because India rapidly advancing in quality and quantity and showing hostile intentions on LOC.

I don't think that we are lacking in numbers cause we cannot produce them in desired quantity actually its the finances which stop increase in number. Therefore exporting those and making money is not a bad idea to generate some funds.

Alibaz thank you for your response on my post, and I agree with you, but still we are far behind in numbers and quality from India which now creating advance naval air arm. Is it possible that Pakistan work with Saab to evolve a separate line of JF-17B with tech of Gripen E/F to make it sweeter could order some Gripen E/F or become some level partner in their 5th Gen project?

Alibaz thank you for your response on my post, and I agree with you, but still we are far behind in numbers and quality from India which now creating advance naval air arm. Is it possible that Pakistan work with Saab to evolve a separate line of JF-17B with tech of Gripen E/F to make it sweeter could order some Gripen E/F or become some level partner in their 5th Gen project?

In 2007, Swedes banned any sale of defensive/offensive weapons or cooperation b/w the two in defensive sector. So No we can not work with SAAB

but there should be some western country which may be willing to offer help in JF-17 program if we purchase their planes?

NS have good relations with Saudi Arabia, is it possible that he ask them to pay for 36 Eurofighters with upgrading / evolution of JF-17 and we pay them back in long term??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom