What's new

Pakistan 'to reopen key Nato Afghanistan supply route'

And they have started again.............

Drones kill seven as Afghanistan crossing reopens​

The strike came just hours after Islamabad agreed to reopen a crucial border crossing to Afghanistan, ending a protest over the fatal shooting of two Pakistani guards by US troops.

Four missiles struck a compound in Shewa district about 40km northeast of the region's main town of Miranshah, an intelligence official said.

An intensified drone campaign sparked fresh attacks on NATO supply vehicles, which depend on the Torkham border crossing into Afghanistan.

Pakistani Taliban yesterday claimed responsibility for the latest attack on a NATO convoy.

"We will continue the attacks on NATO trucks and tankers until the drone strikes are stopped," said Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan spokesman Azam Tariq.

Gunmen torched at least 29 oil tankers in southwest Pakistan on Saturday, the sixth attack in just over a week.

Pakistan's Foreign Ministry said late on Saturday that it was reopening a border crossing to Afghanistan.

NATO and Pakistan found in a joint probe last week that US helicopter pilots mistakenly fired on the Pakistani guards, believing them to be militants. Pakistan shut the Torkham border crossing to Afghanistan 10 days ago in protest following the killings.

Meanwhile, Afghan President Hamid Karzai made a rare visit outside Kabul to tell compatriots in a volatile southern province that it was their duty to return to their homes and help protect their villages.

Mr Karzai flew to the Kandahar region - where international troops are trying to rout insurgents - to meet more than 200 tribal elders and seek their support for his government's effort to extend its influence beyond Kabul. The elders told the visitors that rural areas needed security and economic development, even as they acknowledged Kandahar province, birthplace of the Taliban, was proving tough to secure.

The President was rallying citizens to align themselves with the government and the international community, which are trying to ease violence in the area and rush in development aid.

"If you people go back to your villages, this will be the only way to secure them," Mr Karzai said in Arghandab district. "After these Afghan and NATO operations, it is your duty to protect your areas.

"You know the area very well so you can stop outsiders from coming in."

Mr Karzai said work was under way to improve the supply of electricity to Kandahar, the provincial capital.

A senior Taliban commander and two other insurgents were killed in a firefight with NATO-Afghan forces in western Afghanistan, the military alliance said yesterday.

Another Taliban leader, Ajmal Agha Jan, was killed in southern Helmand province's Marjah district after he pulled a pistol on a joint force that raided his compound, a NATO statement said.

Source

Now you are mixing 2 things here, Pakistani Govt has given permission for drone strikes in the FATA region but hot pursuit by NATO forces in Pakistan is not allowed. It is a very thin line, the effects of both are similar for Pakistan but the people will be more agitated by US army strikes inside Pakistan as compared to a machine droping bombs with no pilot in it. It is lesser of the 2 evils i think, Pakistan's weak political position is the reason for agreement of such pacts.

So every1 thought this supply line was close forever lol you could take this as a short move trailer

But picture abhi baaki hai mere dost:partay:

The massage has been sent :pakistan:

well well well.........pakistan played nice ....... pakistan didnt for 20 20 ,, pakistan wants to play long inning for instance Test Match ...... pakistan declared the ist inning let see what america does in its ist inning

Plus apology and accepting of their crime which otherwise they would have denied and would have drum beating their lie about targeting militants and not the check post
Apology from Obama doesn't mean anything. In US, people don't regard Obama as actual President. It is the white cabal in US government which is running the show. These white cabal people are also tutors to Obama and make him issue convenient statements which they themselves don't want to make.

Obama is Mr. nothing in America.

Apology from Obama doesn't mean anything. In US, people don't regard Obama as actual President. It is the white cabal in US government which is running the show. These white cabal people are also tutors to Obama and make him issue convenient statements which they themselves don't want to make.

:rofl: What is a "White Cabal?" Skull & Bones? Illuminati?

Obama was put up for election by the Democrats, who currently control both the House of Representatives, and the Senate. He won the election.

I was going to respond, but then I realised you have absolutely not the foggiest idea about how the US political systems works, so I cannot even if I tried. ;)

:rofl: What is a "White Cabal?" Skull & Bones? Illuminati?

Obama was put up for election by the Democrats, who currently control both the House of Representatives, and the Senate. He won the election.

I am guessing he won't last long, either.

I was going to respond, but then I realised you have absolutely not the foggiest idea about how the US political systems works, so I cannot even if I tried. ;)
In future, when US will dismiss this “apology” as Obama’s personal view, please remember I had told you so.

^^r u for real,whatever they dismiss it or accept in the future,this currently possess a lot of relevance,so this apology means something

Now you are mixing 2 things here, Pakistani Govt has given permission for drone strikes in the FATA region but hot pursuit by NATO forces in Pakistan is not allowed. It is a very thin line, the effects of both are similar for Pakistan but the people will be more agitated by US army strikes inside Pakistan as compared to a machine droping bombs with no pilot in it. It is lesser of the 2 evils i think, Pakistan's weak political position is the reason for agreement of such pacts.

Its a thin line indeed.Had I been a Pakistani,I would have been very much concerned about what is happening there.As a human being I am concerned about what is going on there.

The strikes conducted by the NATO forces have all the valid reasons.But this game of cat and mouse has been going on for too long.The more I think about it,the more I feel that it is the diseased that they are trying to treat and not its cause.A typical American approach I would say.
More importance should be given to build confidence with the common Afghan people and the taliban will gradually disappear on its own.No movement can ever survive without people's support.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom