What's new

Pakistan to reopen closed Hindu temples

War Thunder

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Considering the long-standing demand of Pakistan's Hindu community, the Imran Khan government has decided to reopen closed Hindu temples and also renovate them.

According to a report in 'Radio Pakistan', the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-E-Insaf's spokesperson Ahmad Jawad gave this information while releasing the details of 10 achievements of the government.

There has been a long-standing demand from the Hindu community in the country to reopen these temples. Agreeing with the demand, the government has decided to open these temples, Jawad said in a statement.

The 10 achievements mentioned by Jawad in the statement include a decline in the deficit of Pakistan International Airlines and 11 new electricity production projects.

The statement also claimed that textile exports in the country witnessed an increase of 20 per cent. Construction of a modern hospital has been started in Gwadar with the help of China and a scheme was also initiated to provide employment to the youth.

https://www.msn.com/en-ae/news/world/pakistan-to-reopen-closed-hindu-temples/

Pakistan is fast becoming what it was meant to be. What it's founding father Muhammad Ali Jinnah wanted it to be. What our forefathers dreamt it to be. And what a state based on Islam and for Muslims is supposed to be. A state where every one is free to practice their beliefs and feels as secure and able as a Muslim.

Let's not bring our neighbors anymore to this, because there is really no comparison any more and we need to stop lowering our own standards by comparing ourselves with them.
Let them slowly go down the drain as they were always due to the dysfunctional societies and delusional mindsets they had been nurturing.

P.S: I will personally report and get any attempts at trolling and spreading negativity blocked here.

Pakistan is fast becoming what it was meant to be. What it's founding father Muhammad Ali Jinnah wanted it to be. What our forefathers dreamt it to be. And what a state based on Islam and for Muslims is supposed to be. A state where every one is free to practice their beliefs and feels as secure and able as a Muslim.

Let's not bring our neighbors anymore to this, because their is really no comparison any more and we need to stop lowering our own standards by comparing ourselves with them.
Let them slowly go down the drain as they were always due to the dysfunctional societies and delusional mindsets they had been nurturing.

P.S: I will personally report and get any attempts at trolling and spreading negativity blocked here.
Just to let you know that India has the most number of mosques in the world. I'm saying this because you said 'there really is no comparison any more and we need to stop lowering our standards by comparing ourselves with them.'
Anyway it's a good thing by Pakistan and I appreciate it.

Just to let you know that India has the most number of mosques in the world. I'm saying this because you said 'there really is no comparison any more and we need to stop lowering our standards by comparing ourselves with them.'
Anyway it's a good thing by Pakistan and I appreciate it.

I put those comments while knowing negativity is going to be thrown in while making comparisons. You'll rather take that comment of mine instead of having people say worse in follow up posts.

Either way you positive input is appreciated :)

As for most Mosques. India also has the second largest Muslim population in the world which is soon going to be the largest in the world.
But how they are treated and in particular in the new Hindu Rashtriya of yours is what we all know.

FT_19.03.29_muslimChristianPopulations_muslim.png

But still, let's hope for better days ahead :)

I put those comments while knowing negativity is going to be thrown in while making comparisons. You'll rather take that comment of mine instead of having people say worse in follow up posts.

Either way you positive input is appreciated :)

As for most Mosques. India also has the second largest Muslim population in the world which is soon going to be the largest in the world.
But how they are treated and in particular in the new Hindu Rashtriya of yours is what we all know.

FT_19.03.29_muslimChristianPopulations_muslim.png

But still, let's hope for better days ahead :)
India has more Muslims than Pakistan, more mosques than Pakistan, Muslim superstars, Presidents, national cricket team captains. And suddenly because of a few Hindu temples being reopened, you said Pakistan is better than India in treating its minorities. I was just pointing the flaw in your argument, nothing else. I also appreciated the reopening of Hindu temples as a good gesture. Have you even once applauded India like I applauded Pakistan right now?

Read this article. This didn't even happen in India in the first place.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/pakistan-restore-hindu-temples-1498397-2019-04-10

So basically the number of temples in Pakistan was not even in 100s till now. I'm stating facts. Don't get offended as I constantly see people getting offended when facts are presented to them.

India has more Muslims than Pakistan, more mosques than Pakistan, Muslim superstars, Presidents, national cricket team captains. And suddenly because of a few Hindu temples being reopened, you said Pakistan is better than India in treating its minorities. I was just pointing the flaw in your argument, nothing else. I also appreciated the reopening of Hindu temples as a good gesture. Have you even once applauded India like I applauded Pakistan right now?

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/pakistan-restore-hindu-temples-1498397-2019-04-10

So basically the number of temples in Pakistan was not even in 100s till now. I'm stating facts. Don't get offended as I constantly see people getting offended when facts are presented to them.

2% in police, army, government jobs despite 15% population says it all. Few fair and lovely bollywood foreign khans will not change ground reality.

the temple was abandoned due to lack of use and if Hindus of Pakistan with the help of Govt of Pakistan are re-opening them is a good news.

while it was closed for several years it was still there and not demolished or occupied by Muslims which shows every thing while we see daily demolishing and attacks on mosques and churches in our secular east.

the temple was abandoned due to lack of use and if Hindus of Pakistan with the help of Govt of Pakistan are re-opening them is a good news.

while it was closed for several years it was still there and not demolished or occupied by Muslims which shows every thing while we see daily demolishing and attacks on mosques and churches in our secular east.
That's because the demolishing was already done during invasions.

And post 1992, many temples in Pakistan were also vandalized. Didn't you read the article that I had provided?
https://www.nytimes.com/1992/12/08/world/pakistanis-attack-30-hindu-temples.html

I am applauding Pakistan because we are doing things the way we ought to and were always meant to. There was never a shortage of Hindu Temples in Pakistan, however some of the historical ones which had no one to look after them were closed due to absence of caretakers or enough locals to use and maintain them. Now the government is taking charge of them and settings things right.

Yes india always had more Muslims, more Mosques, and you always gave them lollypops in the shape of presidency and cricket and acting and all. But are they equal citizens as a Hindu? Why do we hear speeches of throwing every Muslim out of the Rashtra? Wouldn;t you put any state minister given those speeches in jail if you were such a heaven for minorities? Why do people in your country get away with jumping on a Mosque and destroying it? How about lynching Muslims for eating cow meat and other reasons? Disallowing purchase of property and residences for Muslims in places like Mumbai?
Why do every Indians Muslim I come across is wary of your state and is worried for his future? And why is every Pakistani Hindu I meet a more patriotic Pakistani than most Muslims will ever be?

That's because the demolishing was already done during invasions.

And post 1992, many temples in Pakistan were also vandalized. Didn't you read the article that I had provided?
https://www.nytimes.com/1992/12/08/world/pakistanis-attack-30-hindu-temples.html

I grew up in a village which used to be Hindu Dominant before the Independence from Brits. There were atleast 3 Hindu temples there and all of them were kept intact and locked due to absense of any worshippers any more.

No one vandalized anything.

If there was lack of use you should not be reopening them. They are being reopened because the people want to pray there. They are not out of use because there are no worshippers. They are out of use because you closed them. You are now correcting decades of religious discrimination and claiming to be holier than others.

Anyway it is a good step taken.

I am applauding Pakistan because we are doing things the way we ought to and were always meant to. There was never a shortage of Hindu Temples in Pakistan, however some of the historical ones which had no one to look after them were closed due to absence of caretakers or enough locals to use and maintain them. Now the government is taking charge of them and settings things right.

Yes india always had more Muslims, more Mosques, and you always gave them lollypops in the shape of presidency and cricket and acting and all. But are they equal citizens as a Hindu? Why do we hear speeches of throwing every Muslim out of the Rashtra? Wouldn;t you put any state minister given those speeches in jail if you were such a heaven for minorities? Why do people in your country get away with jumping on a Mosque and destroying it? How about lynching Muslims for eating cow meat and other reasons? Disallowing purchase of property and residences for Muslims in places like Mumbai?
Why do every Indians Muslim I come across is wary of your state and is worried for his future? And why is every Pakistani Hindu I meet a more patriotic Pakistani than most Muslims will ever be?

I grew up in a village which used to be Hindu Dominant before the Independence from Brits. There were atleast 3 Hindu temples there and all of them were kept intact and locked due to absense of any worshippers any more.

Just to let you know, SRK wouldn't have been a superstar if Hindus hate Muslims.
You are talking about 3 Hindu temples in Hindu dominated area. We have lakhs of mosques in whole country.

Regarding lollypops you talked about, we don't give lollypops. If a person is capable, he is capable. Religion comes later.

Pakistan hardly has 1% Hindus. You don't even have anything to fear from Hindus and thus few hate crimes (they are still there). You won't even recognize a Hindu in Pakistan. In India, Muslims are 200 million and they are easy to recognize because of skull caps, beards, etc. So more fear for Hindus about a second Partition in the future and thus the hate crimes.

Think of this scenario. Suppose under British India, if India was majority Muslim. A few Hindus carved out their own Hindu state. Even then in present day Muslim majority-India, there are 14% Hindus. You would have seen the same number of hate crimes if not more against Hindus in Muslim-majority India.

Look at Nepal which is 90% Hindu/Buddhist. It has hardly 2-3% Muslims. Do you see hate crimes there? No. Because Muslims are not a threat as Muslim population is less. As minority population increases, majority gets insecure.

Even with such less Hindu population, look at the hate crime in Pakistan.
https://www.indiatoday.in/world/sto...-vandalised-pakistan-sindh-1599432-2019-09-15

And I'm not even talking about conversions of Hindus and Christians to Islam in Pakistan.

If there was lack of use you should not be reopening them. They are being reopened because the people want to pray there. They are not out of use because there are no worshippers. They are out of use because you closed them. You are now correcting decades of religious discrimination and claiming to be holier than others.

Anyway it is a good step taken.
read my post again, Hindu community requested to re-open it which they them self weren't interested to re-open earlier, GoP received the request and took action on it.

Can we stop this silly comparison war happening above. I am not calling you guys silly but some of the things you have said.

We have a long way to go in terms of religious freedom and protecting not just religious communities but most vulnerable in society i.e. Children and old people.

Government is trying to set this right and its only the beginning. Keep updating this thread with more updates about this. We need to really focus on different government projects to see how they are really performing. Another project I am interested in is the cleanliness drive, I dont see people taking much note of these and if we don’t, we wont know if anything got done about them or government departments are slacking.

IN THE END, whatever we do doesn’t need to be compared with any neighbors around us, this will take us nowhere and we will get satisfied before we even see any concrete development.

I would assume Pakistan would have a significant number of Buddhist and Jain temples and culturally significant places too. Are those maintained?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom