What's new

Pakistan to learn from Chinese model of poverty alleviation:

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan to learn from Chinese model of poverty alleviation: Former Ambassador Khalid

May 21, 2021

ISLAMABAD – China’s experience of poverty alleviation worth learning for Pakistan and it can alleviate poverty by the approach adopted by the Chinese leadership, said Masood Khalid, former Pakistani Ambassador to China yesterday.

“If Pakistan has to learn from China, it is the Chinese miracle of elimination of absolute poverty, which is unprecedented in human history,” Masood Khalid told CEN.

He said that China has succeeded in addressing the problem of poverty that 800 million people literally have been out of poverty trap.

Besides, as he observed, China has been becoming a knowledge economy. “For knowledge economy, China is investing a lot in research and development, education, science, and technology.”

About the growing Sino-Pak relationship, he said, CPEC itself provides that platform or umbrella to further our cooperation.

“I visited China for the first time in 1981. From then on, whenever I travelled in China, I saw China’s development at full speed and positive changes of people’s lives,” he said. “It remains a mystery, particularly for western scholars, to understand as to how China has been able to achieve. They forget that China has a very rich history of 5,000 years old, and there has been continuity in terms of Chinese value system and culture and traditions.

They don’t fully appreciate how resilient, how hard-working, how diligent, how serious-minded, and how scientifically oriented Chinese people are.

There have been ups and downs in China’s last decades, but CPC decided that we have to change course at the critical moment and they have achieved targets at different stages.

Chinese people and CPC should be proud of their achievements,” said Masood Khalid. “Pakistan, as a friend of China, we not only admire their achievements, we feel very happy over their achievements.”

They forget that China has a very rich history of 5,000 years old, and there has been continuity in terms of Chinese value system and culture and traditions.
After having lived in China he still has not figured out the Chinese success medl. They just copied western culture. Then improved on it. It's that simple.

There is nothing 5,000 about the CCP.

After having lived in China he still has not figured out the Chinese success medl. They just copied western culture. Then improved on it. It's that simple.

There is nothing 5,000 about the CCP.
Lolz ... A communist economy copied western culture?

A one party government is copy of west?

A country whose control over citizen was to the extent of controlling child birth is similar to west who prefer freedom above everything else.

Why r u so inspired from west that even a totally opposite Economy and culture seems to u like west just because they are successful?

Communism as a political philosophy was born in the crucible of European industrialization age. In this period rich aristocrats, capitalists in conjunction with the church suppressed the poor working class. Each country in Europe or the west had it's own iteration of this elite abuse. The church was crucial player in brainwashing the poor to the advantage of the aristocrats and capitalists. Since there were to few aristocrats, capitalists or priests to hold down the masses they bought in workers from the lower orders to help them rule. These would be the middle class. Officials, doctors, tax collectots, shop keepers etc This category was named bourgeoisie who often aspired to join the ranks of capitalists.

A German thinker by the name of Karl Marx moved to London in 1800s and began to write a book. He used the British Library in central London as a his referance source. The bearded, elderly Marx would be seen busy doing his research in this London Library.

1621611898044.png

Today

1621611953948.png

His research and ideas led to his belief that human equality could only be had by removing the capitalists and giving ownership to the community of workers where everybody would be equal. To do this aristocrats, capitalists, priests had to be destroyed. His completed books titled Das Kapital Manifesto of the Communist Party.

1621612377240.png

1621612424888.png

The Communist Manifesto, originally the Manifesto of the Communist Party (German: Manifest der Kommunistischen Partei), is an 1848 pamphlet by German philosophers Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. Commissioned by the Communist League and originally published in London

These ideas began to influence some European politics and gave rise to parties. Most of them failed to make headway against the established order although it gained fair bit of support in many European countries. However it succeded in Russia where the communists under Lenin went on to a see a revolution in Russia that wiped out the Russia royal family and the Russian Orthodox Christian Church.

Subsequently Karl Marx's ideas would go on to influence Chinese, Vietnames and others across the globe. Some time later in China Mao Tse Tung rose and led the communist movement in China.

This is very simplified version of the historical evolution of marxism but I hope it explains to you that Marxism and Comunism are Western political philosophies.

Someone here forgot the hardcore Chinese cultural traits such as confucius mind and thinking. Eastern Europe copy western culture after the fall of the sovjet union, but they are still poor. Why is that?

Karl Marx

1621613270296.png

The Chinese celebrating in 2018

1621613332813.png

China: Xi Jinping commemorates 200th anniversary of Marx's birth

Highgate Cemetery, London. Grave of the father of Marxism. Workers of the world unite.

1621613521946.png

Attachments

• 1621613247848.png
    1621613247848.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 12
Communism as a political philosophy was born in the crucible of European industrialization age. In this period rich aristocrats, capitalists in conjunction with the church suppressed the poor working class. Each country in Europe or the west had it's own iteration of this elite abuse. The church was crucial player in brainwashing the poor to the advantage of the aristocrats and capitalists. Since there were to few aristocrats, capitalists or priests to hold down the masses they bought in workers from the lower orders to help them rule. These would be the middle class. Officials, doctors, tax collectots, shop keepers etc This category was named bourgeoisie who often aspired to join the ranks of capitalists.

A German thinker by the name of Karl Marx moved to London in 1800s and began to write a book. He used the British Library in central London as a his referance source. The bearded, elderly Marx would be seen busy doing his research in this London Library.

View attachment 745961

Today

View attachment 745963

His research and ideas led to his belief that human equality could only be had by removing the capitalists and giving ownership to the community of workers where everybody would be equal. To do this aristocrats, capitalists, priests had to be destroyed. His completed books titled Das Kapital Manifesto of the Communist Party.

View attachment 745970

View attachment 745972

The Communist Manifesto, originally the Manifesto of the Communist Party (German: Manifest der Kommunistischen Partei), is an 1848 pamphlet by German philosophers Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. Commissioned by the Communist League and originally published in London

These ideas began to influence some European politics and gave rise to parties. Most of them failed to make headway against the established order although it gained fair bit of support in many European countries. However it succeded in Russia where the communists under Lenin went on to a see a revolution in Russia that wiped out the Russia royal family and the Russian Orthodox Christian Church.

Subsequently Karl Marx's ideas would go on to influence Chinese, Vietnames and others across the globe. Some time later in China Mao Tse Tung rose and led the communist movement in China.

This is very simplified version of the historical evolution of marxism but I hope it explains to you that Marxism and Comunism are Western political philosophies.
Why are you mixing philosophy with culture?

Culture is something which people practice and is a part of their life not something imagined by philosopher, taught in colleges or propagated by opposition parties as a saviour.

Sorry mate i dont feel your argument hold any ground as there were always multiple theories in the world. Unfortunately literature of islamic golden age was destroyed by mongols otherwise alot of such concepts were discussed in muslim literature as well as persian literature

Someone here forgot the hardcore Chinese cultural traits such as confucius mind and thinking. Eastern Europe copy western culture after the fall of the sovjet union, but they are still poor. Why is that?
A suit is a form of dress. I can have mine cut to my size, my taste, my fit. You can have it cut to your size, your taste and fit. But they will look slightly differant on each person because of our frames and way we carry ourselves. How nice the suit looks on us also depends on us. Similarly each political philosophy have have to find it's form for each society as it fits around and amalgamates aspects of that society. That is why even Islam in Indonesia, in Bosnia, in Russsian Tatars, in Nigerians, In Turks etc takes slightly differant flavour.
Have you ever lived with Chinese? When you get to hang around John Ho or Viki Wang you will know. The average Chinese worship western culture.

East Asian culture whether they are communists (Vietnam or China) or capitalist (Japan, South-Korea, Singapore) have something in common. It is the cultural traits that binds these countries. The East-Asia cultural trait is what makes it unique and can easily beat the western model.

White European guys has one tendency, they tend to be one sided thinking. This is why we have liberal economy like USA, British, and others who rely on private enterprise so much and the other hand there is USSR and other Eastern European with communist idea rely on state owned enterprises and killed market competition.

On the other hand, Eastern civilization like Islam and China have middle way thingking. This is why many Muslim countries like Indonesia and also China has strong state owned enterprises while market capitalism is still running as well.

China companies that are included in Forbes 500 is around 100 companies and almost all of them are state owned companies

How can Pakistan adopt the Chinese model of poverty elimination? Pakistan has a democracy while China is a dictatorial regime with unlimited power to deal with the people the way they like without bothering at all about the concern of people. Pakistan can not do that. Pakistan has to find a suitable model from any democratic country if it is willing to adopt some model only. The best model for the Pakistan will the one tailored model according to the requirement of Pakistan. It will be e a bit difficult but it will provide excellent results in my opinion. Pakistan should focus on the model which generates maximum employment and lift the people above poverty line. Pakistan has already lost the race of being one of the leading country in science ,technology economy etc.

The New Culture Movement (Xin wenhua yundong) was a movement in China in the 1910s and 1920s that criticized classical Chinese ideas and promoted a new Chinese culture based upon western ideals like democracy and science.[1] Arising out of disillusionment with traditional Chinese culture following the failure of the Republic of China to address China's problems,

Evaluations and Changing Views
Orthodox historians viewed the New Culture Movement as a revolutionary break with feudal thought and social practice and the seedbed of revolutionary leaders who created the Communist Party of China and went on to found the People's Republic of China in 1949. Mao Zedong wrote that the May 4th Movement "marked a new stage in China's bourgeois-democratic revolution against imperialism and feudalism" and argued that "a powerful camp made its appearance in the bourgeois-democratic revolution, a camp consisting of the working class, the student masses and the new national bourgeoisie."[28]

Evaluations and Changing Views
Orthodox historians viewed the New Culture Movement as a revolutionary break with feudal thought and social practice and the seedbed of revolutionary leaders who created the Communist Party of China and went on to found the People's Republic of China in 1949. Mao Zedong wrote that the May 4th Movement "marked a new stage in China's bourgeois-democratic revolution against imperialism and feudalism" and argued that "a powerful camp made its appearance in the bourgeois-democratic revolution, a camp consisting of the working class, the student masses and the new national bourgeoisie."[28]

A suit is a form of dress. I can have mine cut to my size, my taste, my fit. You can have it cut to your size, your taste and fit. But they will look slightly differant on each person because of our frames and way we carry ourselves. How nice the suit looks on us also depends on us. Similarly each political philosophy have have to find it's form for each society as it fits around and amalgamates aspects of that society. That is why even Islam in Indonesia, in Bosnia, in Russsian Tatars, in Nigerians, In Turks etc takes slightly differant flavour.
Have you ever lived with Chinese? When you get to hang around John Ho or Viki Wang you will know. The average Chinese worship western culture.

Your mistake is you look only from the perspective of either religious one or (western) government model ones like capitalism, communism, theocracy, technocracy without taking the cultural aspect into the account. If i go with your point of view, based on the subject of capitalist succes: can you explain me why asian countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Phillipine and other south-east asian countries and south asian countries lag so much behind despite having an early taste of democratic capitalism style? And i can assure you the gap in the next decades will even leave the western nation capitalists far behind. It is all about the culture infused with the best suited government model that is currently avaible.

There have been many books written in the last 10 years about these subject. all point out to the unique oriental traits culture.

Back
Top Bottom