What's new

Pakistan to get four MI-35 helicopters from Russia in 2017: minister

what as waste of money on old technology, we should have bought the Turkish T-129, they would have done a better job, I don't know why our government is wasting all that tax money on so many types of attack helicopter's, now will have 4 types. If the old cobra's retire's soon make that 3 types.

what as waste of money on old technology, we should have bought the Turkish T-129, they would have done a better job, I don't know why our government is wasting all that tax money on so many types of attack helicopter's, now will have 4 types. If the old cobra's retire's soon make that 3 types.
Good point and India has gifted 4 similar/same helicopters to Afghanistan instead of upgrading them.

This 155 million $ deal includes spares , equipments , Training , other goodies as :
A Mi 35 Costs around 35 Million $ ( 35 * 4 = 140 Million $ )
Thus rest 15 Million $ for all other things mentioned above .....

Can any one tell me Why didn't Pakistan go for the Mi-28 Havoc ?
Mi-28 Havoc costs around 16-which is quite cheap .

1954.jpg

Last edited:
This 155 million $ deal includes spares , equipments , Training , other goodies as :

1954.jpg
I don't know how can these are 35$ each when Qatar this year has purchased apache AH-64E for less than 28$ each

1954.jpg

MI-28 is a medium tech, combat heli. The MI-35 is an assault helicopter, not so much so combat due to its heavier size. But it carries troops in a very decent number. Its like one heli is good enough to carry troops for one special mission, and can sustain the duration while the mission is completed and can provide serious assault capability in terms of the fire power.
Just don't put it in front of a Viper-Z or an Apache. It won't survive for more than a minute. But for troop transportation for special missions, and in providing air-cover, mission specific fire power, and airlift with fire power support, you guys got a real good platform. Its like 4 benefits for the price of 1. For Combat, you should get more upgraded Vipers, and build the Z-10's or the Ataks in house with TOT.

Crazy money for such outdated machines and having just 4 is really going to complicate training and maintainence- that isn't even 1/4 of a squadron, who makes such decsions in the Pak Mil? This is a truly bizzare deal.

we don't need russian tech. maintenance issues. we will buy stealth flying machine from china.

Chinese used Russian tech for many decades.

Maintenance issues can be with all vendors including european or american. Pakistan usually customises the equipment according to its Armed forces requirement.

4 should be the start we need at least 16 to 20 of these helicopters.

Chinese used Russian tech for many decades.

Maintenance issues can be with all vendors including european or american. Pakistan usually customises the equipment according to its Armed forces requirement.
russian weapons are considered to be the most difficult to maintain.
western and chinese machines are maintenance friendly.

1954.jpg

Mi-28 Havoc isn't an multipurpose chopper. bt Mi-35 can carry 8 fully geared specops operatives while it's being deployed as a dedicated attack role, additionally it also can b used as medevac purpose.

Crazy money for such outdated machines and having just 4 is really going to complicate training and maintainence- that isn't even 1/4 of a squadron, who makes such decsions in the Pak Mil? This is a truly bizzare deal.
Do you think Pak army will buy an "outdated machine"?If you say the reason behind buying PAA isn't familiar to attack heli's or modern tech,then again you will be wrong,PAA pilots have flown AH-1Zs Viper,AH-1F/Hs, Cobras,Mi-24 Hind,T-129 Atak,Z-10,IAR-330,Fennecs etc.
This Mi-35 is the latest and the greatest which has ever came out of Mil Factories.
These 4 are initial batch as reported by Alan warnes the order may rise upto 20.These helis will be at the disposal of Paramilitary forces,which atm flies a modest fleet of a few Jet rangers and UH-1H.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom