What's new

Pakistan to build 3 nuclear plants for electricity

hahaha... sahi baat hai... har roz govt ik naya power project ka ilaan ker rahi hai aj kal... lagta hai electrocoty muft kerny ka plan hai :cheesy:.... porra ik bhi ni hona is sy....

examples of some projects announced by PMLN govt...
Guddani power project
Quaid-e-Azam solar projects
Number of Coal projects in punjab.
Bhasha Dam
Bunji Dam
10 coal plants in Thar
nuclear power plants in karachi
checho ki maliyan project
nandipur power project
Number of wind Projects:undecided:
i mean hell yar... look at them ..daily announcing new power projects... n loadshedding check kro 6 7 ghantey sy kam ni hoti...:hitwall::suicide2:
There is no short cut to success, all these are huge engineering projects, involving huge cost and 3 to 6 years of completion time.

Why not offer UAE to have N-Power Plants in Gidani East and West Zones of capacity of 1500MW each. Like make a 10 years plan to add 300MW reactor unit in each side every 2 years. So that in coming 10 years Gidani would have a total of 3000MW of N-power.
UAE don't have any NPP nor there design or manufacture any NPP. UAE will not even operat ethe 2 two NPP , which are under construction in UAE, UAE will only get electricity.

There is no short cut to success, all these are huge engineering projects, involving huge cost and 3 to 6 years of completion time.

UAE don't have any NPP nor there design or manufacture any NPP. UAE will not even operat ethe 2 two NPP , which are under construction in UAE, UAE will only get electricity.

I think they can take Help from France or China to get reactors and then let engineers does the rest.

It is a good news but politicians don't want to make more dams in Pakistan as they are very important for Pakistan. I pray Kalabagh Dam & Bhasha Dam are made as they are very badly needed & these dams can only be made in time of Military rule.

It is a good news but politicians don't want to make more dams in Pakistan as they are very important for Pakistan. I pray Kalabagh Dam & Bhasha Dam are made as they are very badly needed & these dams can only be made in time of Military rule.
Actually Both Kala Bagh and ha became controversial during the dictators regime. Musharaf and Zia rule.

BC koi compleate ker ke bhi dikhao na ab thak gaay ailaan pardh pardh ker 1MW power increase nhi hoi abhi tak

Besides it's easier to get your power from coal. You can't wait till 2030 for your black outs/ load shedding. Youneed power now.

Besides it's easier to get your power from coal. You can't wait till 2030 for your black outs/ load shedding. Youneed power now.
Numerous projects are under way, from coal, hydel, nuclear solar power and gas power plants.
Chasma 3 and 4 will e completed in 2015 and 2016 , and K2/K3 to be completed in 62 months time.

pakistan cannot build a nuclear reactor ! Common on .. someone must be building it for them ;)

Numerous projects are under way, from coal, hydel, nuclear solar power and gas power plants.
Chasma 3 and 4 will e completed in 2015 and 2016 , and K2/K3 to be completed in 62 months time.

I believe in the theory of limited resources. I think you can make a push on Nuclear once the other stuff is in place.

I think someone is shooting from the hip. We are currently at 21000 MW Production capacity and in fifteen years we will be producing 162,000 MW. What planet does this fellow live on ?

Shooting from the hip is more accurate than what this guy is saying. He's shooting blind folded at Jupiter.

oldbury-nuclear-plant.gif

13:18, 13 March 2014 Thursday

Pakistan will increase production from nuclear energy to levels of 8,800 MW by 2030 and to 40,000 MW by 2050, says Dr. Ansar Parvez, head of Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission.
World Bulletin / News Desk
Pakistan plans to build three new nuclear plants that will produce 8800 MW of electricity per annum by 2030, in order to get over an energy bottleneck causing 20-hour-long power blackouts daily.
Pakistan will increase electric production from nuclear energy to 8,800 MW levels by 2030 and to 40,000 MW by 2050, says Dr. Ansar Parvez, head of Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC). "These figures may seem high, but still, there will be a 15 per cent deficiency in electricity supply in Pakistan."
Pakistan started building a new nuclear power plant (NPP), K-2, near Karachi, a portcity on the Arabian Sea coast, and will build two new NPPs, Chasma-1 and Chasma-2, in Multan, a city in central Pakistan. The electricity production from nuclear energy accounts for 5 per cent of the total electricity supply and the country has an annual electricity gap of 6,000 MW. The rural areas of the country experience 20-hours-long power blackouts daily whereas, even, the major cities experience around 6-hour blackouts.
Pakistan plans to produce 162,000 MW of electricity by 2030 according to an energy safety policy approved by the state in 2005.
Dr. Parvez, speaking on the nuclear disaster that struck Japan's Fukushima Daiichi NPP, said that Pakistan will pay the utmost attention to nuclear safety and will build the latest generation of reactors that are safer. "Germany and Switzerland are against nuclear energy but France and Russia heavily invest in it. Everybody is aware of the importance of nuclear energy and we do not want to be left behind."
The latest generation of reactors that Pakistan will invest could also provide the country with uranium milling capabilities, said Dr. Maria Sultan from South Asian Strategic Stability Institute.
Nuclear weapons
"The Pakistani people do not want nuclear weapons, and will not want them to be used in the future," said Dr. Parvez Butt, former head of PAEC. "We demand nuclear power for civic purposes."
Pakistan started to pursue nuclear deterrence capability following India's first nuclear device test, codenamed Smiling Buddha, in 1974, Pakistan's neighbor and arch rival. In 1998, Pakistan successfully detonated five nuclear devices, marking Pakistan's entry to a club of limited countries that have atomic bombs.
The pursuit for nuclear weapons left the already-impoverished Pakistan isolated from the international community with sanctions because of obtaining nuclear weapons. Pakistan, established in 1947 by seceding from British India, spent valuable resources on the nuclear program, which averted funds from much-need infrastructure investments for economic and social progress.

8800MW is enough power for about 4.4M people... thats about it, not enough......Pakistan needs to build its own reactors.....

^WTH??

Let's keep the 40k and 50k numbers aside and achieve a 5k-8k MW goal first by the end of the decade.

by the end of 2018 Pak will have electricity of 31,000MW, moreover by 2020 I am hopeful of 45-50K if the dams are built including the nuclear plants.

162,000 MW by 2030?

Is it even possible by 2030?

its possible if they get all the mega dams and several nuclear power plants built.... 162,000mw is enough for about 81Million people.....

well thats not the project depend.
the highest project depend by 2025 is 75k mw

anyway if govt implents 60k mw pre feasibility water projects then it may touch 100,000 bench mark but 160k is impossible to me
If Pak gets good leader then it may be possible.....

I think someone is shooting from the hip. We are currently at 21000 MW Production capacity and in fifteen years we will be producing 162,000 MW. What planet does this fellow live on ?
We are now at 25,000MW.......lets get those mega dams built!!!

Not gonna happen.... All they do is talk, sick n tired of such statements!!
I am tired of them to and I would like to know why Pakistan can't build its own nuclear reactor why we have to pay $10BILLION US DOllars for 2 nuclear power plants we can't we learn and develop our own?

hahaha... sahi baat hai... har roz govt ik naya power project ka ilaan ker rahi hai aj kal... lagta hai electrocoty muft kerny ka plan hai :cheesy:.... porra ik bhi ni hona is sy....

examples of some projects announced by PMLN govt...
Guddani power project
Quaid-e-Azam solar projects
Number of Coal projects in punjab.
Bhasha Dam
Bunji Dam
10 coal plants in Thar
nuclear power plants in karachi
checho ki maliyan project
nandipur power project
Number of wind Projects:undecided:
i mean hell yar... look at them ..daily announcing new power projects... n loadshedding check kro 6 7 ghantey sy kam ni hoti...:hitwall::suicide2:

How many of these projects have been completed?

I know right!!!We need power right now!! 25,000MW is only good enough to provide for 12.5M people not 200M....

Why hasn't Pakistan used it sun hot location to develop 50,000MW from Solar..... You Pakistan is among the hottest countries in the world.... Should be pioneer in solar technology.

pakistan cannot build a nuclear reactor ! Common on .. someone must be building it for them ;)

Your right, Fellow Pakistanio why can't we build our own nuclear reactors and power plants? why do we have to export 2 power plants worth 10Billion US DOLLARS.

8800MW is enough power for about 4.4M people... thats about it, not enough......Pakistan needs to build its own reactors.....

by the end of 2018 Pak will have electricity of 31,000MW, moreover by 2020 I am hopeful of 45-50K if the dams are built including the nuclear plants.

its possible if they get all the mega dams and several nuclear power plants built.... 162,000mw is enough for about 81Million people.....

If Pak gets good leader then it may be possible.....

We are now at 25,000MW.......lets get those mega dams built!!!

I am tired of them to and I would like to know why Pakistan can't build its own nuclear reactor why we have to pay $10BILLION US DOllars for 2 nuclear power plants we can't we learn and develop our own?

How many of these projects have been completed?

I know right!!!We need power right now!! 25,000MW is only good enough to provide for 12.5M people not 200M....

Why hasn't Pakistan used it sun hot location to develop 50,000MW from Solar..... You Pakistan is among the hottest countries in the world.... Should be pioneer in solar technology.

Your right, Fellow Pakistanio why can't we build our own nuclear reactors and power plants? why do we have to export 2 power plants worth 10Billion US DOLLARS.
Bhai years purane threads ko Q ungli kr rahe ho? :hitwall:

Bhai years purane threads ko Q ungli kr rahe ho? :hitwall:
Because Pak needs to do all the right things... I wanted to show people that 10 years later we still at square one.....

Because Pak needs to do all the right things... I wanted to show people that 10 years later we still at square one.....
We have limited finances, technology, skilled manpower and political will. And it wont happen in near future.

3 nuclear power plants Chashma 1 , Chashma2 and Chashma 3 are operational, 4th one under construction. In Karachi one nuclear plant is operational and 2 more K-2 and K-3 are under construction. All these are civilian reactors.
Article is from 2014, I live in Lahore there is no load shedding here, in summers it was 3 hours a day, which is common i most of developing world. The govt has improved power generation considerably and will be adding 10,000 MW more from CPEC power projects in 2017.

To be honest, I am not comfortable with the idea of building more nuclear power plants for producing electricity. Even a single accident, can be a disaster.

It is better to build dams and adopt additional methods to produce electricity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom