What's new

Pakistan Tank Industries

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
T85-IIAP Tanks being rolled out from HIT.
Pakistan is manufacturing these tanks at Heavy Industries Taxila under Chinese license.

1626735698904.png

Saw a SAMAA news documentary on HIT Taxila recently and noticed something interesting Seems HIT is working on external MG system which allows operators to use them from inside Armored Vehicles or Tank. Its not a remote weapon station but certainly better than operating externally.

1630501187232.png

Saw a SAMAA news documentary on HIT Taxila recently and noticed something interesting Seems HIT is working on external MG system which allows operators to use them from inside Armored Vehicles or Tank. Its not a remote weapon station but certainly better than operating externally.

View attachment 774793
Don't we have remote operating systems on Al-Khalids ?

I think from within tank.
You've left me scratching my head both Wikipedia and this link said it has remotely operated machine gun.

It says,
The Al-Khalud tank is also armed with a 7.62 mm-coaxial machine gun, a 12.7 mm externally-mounted air-defence machine gun that can be aimed/fired from within the tank and smoke grenade launchers.

HIT is going to be very busy. They have invited tenders for 70 125mm gun barrel blanks.

HIT is going to be very busy. They have invited tenders for 70 125mm gun barrel blanks.
Second part of the Al-Khalid-1 order. 110 have been delivered, 110 remain (total order was of 220).
After that an improved Al-Khalid will start production, not sure what they will name it yet.
You've left me scratching my head both Wikipedia and this link said it has remotely operated machine gun.
It says,
The Al-Khalud tank is also armed with a 7.62 mm-coaxial machine gun, a 12.7 mm externally-mounted air-defence machine gun that can be aimed/fired from within the tank and smoke grenade launchers.
All Pakistani tanks have remote machine guns that can be fired from within the tank, both the Co-axial 7.62 and the Top mounted 12.7MM AA machine gun, however there’s a difference between a remotely operated machine gun and a remote weapon system. The former is just a machine gun that can be electronically controlled from inside the tank, the latter is a system of optical sights And sometimes multiple weapons (MGs, smoke grenades etc) which is controlled from inside the tank.

The remote weapon system has its own optical Sights, they can be NV or thermal, they are stabilized like the main gun and can be slaved to the sights of the main gun as well.

So basically a remote weapons system is a step up from a simple remote Machine gun, it’s more accurate and effective, can have other weapons included in it and it’s sights can be useful for the commander For other purposes.

Currently only VT-4 in PakistanI inventory has a proper Remote weapons system but the next batch of Al-Khalid-I (or the improved variant planned after it) is getting them as well, as seen in the picture above.

Last edited:
Within almost 1.5 years??
Production of AK-1 started in 2017-2018, First regiment was delivered in 2020. Second batch was delivered much quicker (1.5 years) as production ramped up to 35 Units a year. Should be back at 50/Year now So the remaining order will be done in a couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom