What's new

Pakistan Successfully Testfires Cruise Missiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adux

Reaction score
This New Just came in msn; but They havent provided the article yet.I am waiting for it

Congrats Pakistan.

Pakistan successfully test fires nuclear-capable cruise missile

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Blog this story

Islamabad: Pakistan successfully test-fired on Thursday a nuclear-capable cruise missile with the capability to avoid radar detection, the military said.

The missile, named Babar or Haft VII, has a range of 700 kilometres (434 miles) and is capable of carrying various types of warheads, including nuclear, the military-run Inter-Services Public Relations Directorate said.

http://content.msn.co.in/News/International/InternationalAP_220307_1128

Another test, yay!

Pakistan tests nuclear-capable cruise missile

ISLAMABAD (updated on: March 22, 2007, 11:06 PST): Pakistan successfully tested on Thursday a nuclear-capable cruise missile with a range of 700 km (435 miles), the military said in a statement.

The Hatf V11 Babur missile is a terrain-hugging, radar avoiding cruise missile capable of carrying a variety of warheads including nuclear, it said.

"The flight data collected validated the design parameters set for the flight test," the military said. "It is a highly manoeuvrable missile with pin-point accuracy."

The missile was first tested in 2005. Since then, it's range has been enhanced to 700 km, from 500 km previously, the military said, although it did not say how.

President Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz had congratulated scientists and engineers involved and assured them of complete support in development plans of all strategic projects, the military said.

:flag:

Breaking news Brecorder.com

Has the range been enhanced or its just media speculation ?

I believe it has been enhanced since last time it was reported as 500 Km, remember they are trying to reach the 1000 Km range soon, according to some on PakDef.

Pakistan :banana2: Zindabad

Is it a new motor, or did they have tradeoff with the payload

Is it a new motor, or did they have tradeoff with the payload

I would say it's a new motor (Upgrade) rather than sacrificing the payload.

Also, the TV is showing it being launched from water, but I would have to confirm it, with some PakDef members to make sure.

It doesnt look Underwater launched cuz of it trajectory, it is either ship launched, or launched from Shore based Site into Sea Test range.

Even if its launched from a ship it means it can be launched vertically.
Its another step forward! :thumbsup:

It definitly is Neo, Congrats. I am happy this time you are atleast testing something

It doesnt look Underwater launched cuz of it trajectory, it is either ship launched, or launched from Shore based Site into Sea Test range.

Well it looks like they’ve done a good job in concealing the launch platform. ;)
Also its highly unlikely it was launched from the shore as the missile is still in its initial lift stage and seems only 10-15 meters above water, but from the picture the trajectory is pretty consistent with “underwater launch”. Just look at this video for comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, Look at the video,

Its not a 45degree launch is it, while the babur seems so,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom