What's new

Pakistan successfully test fires Ghauri V (Enhanced)

Agreed, but for every increase in range - we need an Indian reason. Therefore, we will follow them. Since Agni III is going to hit 3000KM target efficiently, then we will test some where around there - or it could be just a regular operational test of 2500KM Shaheen II.

This time it won't be a operational status check......... As per my intel from very reliable source the Rocket motor for the Shaheen III have already been tested.

This time it won't be a operational status check......... As per my intel from very reliable source the Rocket motor for the Shaheen III have already been tested.

So if i'm not wrong shaheen 3 has a range of 3500kms and more with the adjusment of the payload.
So if your intel is correct then perhaps my excitement has already increased.:toast_sign:

ebmaster it is more than a few tests,all successful. They are ready for mass
production and a missile shield around the whole country,while we are worrying
about elections. By the time that we build longer range missiles they will be outdated
that's why I said we need to pursue the water submarine route. If our ballistic and
cruise missiles are useless then what's the plan? USA knew Israel and India were
working on the shield and they dumped their f-16's on us quickly. They made us an
ally and gave Indians the nuke deal and an NPT exception Fighting this war on terror USA has done everything to destabilize Pakistan short of a military strike. We have given them 400,000 troops on the border making us vulnerable on the western border if India
tried something, They want elections we are trying to have elections, they are giving
the same aid for the past 5 years while the situation has gotten worst, they want us
to turn over over National hero AQ , they stripped our General into a civilian, many times I think this whole thing is a scam while they keep us preoccupied and try to have us implode from within?

ebmaster it is more than a few tests,all successful. They are ready for mass
production and a missile shield around the whole country,while we are worrying
about elections. By the time that we build longer range missiles they will be outdated
that's why I said we need to pursue the water submarine route. If our ballistic and
cruise missiles are useless then what's the plan? USA knew Israel and India were
working on the shield and they dumped their f-16's on us quickly. They made us an
ally and gave Indians the nuke deal and an NPT exception Fighting this war on terror USA has done everything to destabilize Pakistan short of a military strike. We have given them 400,000 troops on the border making us vulnerable on the western border if India
tried something, They want elections we are trying to have elections, they are giving
the same aid for the past 5 years while the situation has gotten worst, they want us
to turn over over National hero AQ , they stripped our General into a civilian, many times I think this whole thing is a scam while they keep us preoccupied and try to have us implode from within?

Any valid source of your claim, 400'000 Troops given to Coalition forces tasks against the Eastern Borders. :azn:

As per my info its 80,000 on the eastern borders and 15000 in the FATA region.

you are right Pakistan has given close to 100,000 troops and there are close to another
100,000 with NATO and Afghans in the army combined so about 200,000. NATO Generals have said they need 400,000 to stop the insurgency. Either way 100,000 is much more
troops than even NATO/anyone has there. refugees we have absorbed since the
Russian invasion to present day is not even in the calculation; having to hear criticism enough is being done is the worst part.

I think it would have a 3500 to 4000 km range.IT WILL BE GOOD OF WE TEST IT.Cuz it would bring ISRAEL in the net and thus will be a deterrent for US too.

Then we sould go for MIRV.2500km CRUISE MISSILE.ICBMs and PENETRATION AIDS to make sure that no one attacks us.

i think second week is over and by now pakistan was suppose to test fire one of the missile. the simple answer is this news was first posted by nawai waqt, which occassionaly post these type of news so that people are attracted. 5 years ago also it posted news that pakistan gonna test fire ghauri three so please wait until it is done.

Yeah I too think a news paper like neha akbar can post a true news.

Any way we are working on ghauri 3 and saheen 3.Have developed MIRV

Yeah I too think a news paper like neha akbar can post a true news.

Any way we are working on ghauri 3 and saheen 3.Have developed MIRV

May be it comes in the end of this month i am hopeing for LRBM test which will be equiped with MIRV let see what happend .

Hoping for a nice test Best of Luck for them in Advance .

Pakistan successfully testfires Ghauri missile
Updated at: 1110 PST, Friday, February 01, 2008
ISLAMABAD: ISPR said Pakistan testfired a ballistic missile on Friday, according to Geo News report.

Chief of Army Staff and President Pervez Musharraf were also present on the occasion of the launching of the missile.

The missile was successfully testfired after the conclusion of annual ASFC exercises.

Ballistic Missile Ghuari Hataf-V is a technologically enhanced device with a range of 1300 kilometer.

More to come…

Friday, Feb. 01, 2008
Pakistan Tests Medium-Range Missile
By AP

(ISLAMABAD) — Pakistan on Friday successfully test-fired an upgraded version of a medium-range ballistic missile capable of carrying a nuclear warhead, the military said.

The army's Strategic Missile Group launched the Ghauri missile, which has a range of 810 miles, from an undisclosed location, it said. The military has been working on modifying the missile to allow launches from mobile platforms.

President Pervez Musharraf, the army chief, other officials and scientists witnessed the test, the military said in a statement.

Pakistan became a declared nuclear power in 1998 when it conducted underground nuclear tests in response to those carried out by neighboring India. It also tested its first missile the same year.

The two South Asian rivals routinely test their various missiles.

On Friday, Musharraf told troops in the undisclosed exercise area that Pakistan had "developed a strong nuclear deterrence capability," the military statement said.

Pakistan and India have a history of bitter relations. The two neighbors have fought three wars after gaining independence from Britain in 1947.

But relations between them have improved markedly since 2004, when they began a peace process aimed at resolving outstanding disputes, including competing claims to the divided Himalayan region of Kashmir.

Click to Print Find this article at:
Pakistan Tests Medium-Range Missile - TIME
Copyright � 2008 Time Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.Privacy Policy|Add TIME Headlines to your Site|Contact Us|Customer Service

Nice! The short range tactical missile range has been enhanced. Glad to hear, it is obviously going to increase the payload too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom