What's new

Pakistan & Sri Lanka Bilateral ties, Muslims in Sri Lanka - Sri Lankan politician Shiraz Younus

Basically the anchor want to listen some grievances from SL about India but the SL represenative was very smart to put any - ve comments about India..

On twitter, i follow SL president...I was amazed to see, how many Indian people follow him after he return to presidency..He is very supportive of Hindu culture, festivals and always interactive our people..

Basically the anchor want to listen some grievances from SL about India but the SL represenative was very smart to put any - ve comments about India..

On twitter, i follow SL president...I was amazed to see, how many Indian people follow him after he return to presidency..He is very supportive of Hindu culture, festivals and always interactive our people..

Thanks.. It was interesting that the interview was in Urdu.. So i have no idea what was said.. Just looked up on the guy he seems to be equally fluent in Sinhala, Tamil and English

Rajapaksas have made lot of strong overtures to Hindu community in Sri Lanka since civil war ended (and also before it). They get that polarisation of country needs to be fixed through some good cultural outreach, its quite easy to do between Buddhist and Hindu realms actually (in fact SL has lot cultural sites of this kind of thing).

This of course forms good basis and aegis of bipartisan relations on all sides between India and SL too....and trust and mutual good relations can keep improving in future. A safe, prosperous SL is in India's deep interest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom