What's new

Pakistan Space and Satellite Developments

Someone please explain the reason we have not tested a SLV yet? Once again we are so behind in certain areas.

For funds to begin flowing in, the satellite development capability is a requisite. The financial viability of SUPARCO may be improved if it masters this area of operation and begins churning out satellites at regular intervals. I understand that we have in past developed remote imaging satellites in past but the frequency of development has been low. Being that SUPARCO is a public sector entity, it relies on governmental input for satellite development. Resource constraints are an impediment in the development of satellites at a higher rate. However, if reports circulating in the news are to be believed, Pakistan is looking to increase the investment in its space program manifold from the upcoming budget and build on that incrementally to achieve the objectives it has set out for itself in its space vision 2040.
Jitna fund is useless SUPRCO ko khilaya ha is kom na is sa adha mary mohaly k awara larkon ko daity to inho na ksi na ksi tarha 1kg ka pathar space ma pahuncha daina tha :lol:

Jitna fund is useless SUPRCO ko khilaya ha is kom na is sa adha mary mohaly k awara larkon ko daity to inho na ksi na ksi tarha 1kg ka pathar space ma pahuncha daina tha :lol:

It is chronically underfunded and led by nonprofessionals whose only qualification is wearing the uniform. People who are in the know speak very highly of the caliber of SUPARCO scientists.

It is chronically underfunded and led by nonprofessionals whose only qualification is wearing the uniform. People who are in the know speak very highly of the caliber of SUPARCO scientists.
Funnily enough both of you are correct.

SUPARCO is overfunded considering the projects that it is assigned. It is massively overstaffed considering the number and types of projects that it has. SUPARCO funds are just used to pay government scientists that drink tea all day.

SUPARCO is underfunded compared to other space agencies of the world that undertake significant projects.

Regarding the caliber of SUPARCO scientists, maybe 1% are good at their jobs and motivated? The rest are the typically sarkari garbage (regardless of whether in uniform or not). Even the ones that are not totally garbage become garbage because they have nothing to do and their bosses get annoyed if you "try to be too oversmart" and take initiative.

Funnily enough both of you are correct.

SUPARCO is overfunded considering the projects that it is assigned. It is massively overstaffed considering the number and types of projects that it has. SUPARCO funds are just used to pay government scientists that drink tea all day.

SUPARCO is underfunded compared to other space agencies of the world that undertake significant projects.

Regarding the caliber of SUPARCO scientists, maybe 1% are good at their jobs and motivated? The rest are the typically sarkari garbage (regardless of whether in uniform or not). Even the ones that are not totally garbage become garbage because they have nothing to do and their bosses get annoyed if you "try to be too oversmart" and take initiative.
I read your comment under this thread and was surprised. That was not what I heard from people whose judgment I respect and who have had interactions with the scientists at SUPARCO. Maybe the reorientation of SUPARCO's chief objective (the real one, not the one stated as part of lip service) has had a role in intellectual atrophying you say has occurred in the organization.

When SUPARCO was captuted by Khalai makhlooq, nothing will be tested.
A brigadier is leading our scientists.

and that brigadier's family is purchasing proprties in Karachi. In one such incident his family purchased a commercial property woth 10 million on 24 hours payment notice in a residential society near memon goth

When SUPARCO was captuted by Khalai makhlooq, nothing will be tested.
A brigadier is leading our scientists.

and that brigadier's family is purchasing proprties in Karachi. In one such incident his family purchased a commercial property woth 10 million on 24 hours payment notice in a residential society near memon goth
Seriously what is wrong with this country?

I read your comment under this thread and was surprised. That was not what I heard from people whose judgment I respect and who have had interactions with the scientists at SUPARCO. Maybe the reorientation of SUPARCO's chief objective (the real one, not the one stated as part of lip service) has had a role in intellectual atrophying you say has occurred in the organization.
Like I always say I am just some guy on the internet. With that disclaimer out of the way, SUPARCO is the idara that I probably know most closely. My own family, classmates, seniors, juniors, have or are working in SUPARCO. I personally know A LOT of people in SUPARCO. And more importantly, ex-SUPARCO. So I hear all of these first-hand horror accounts of talented people that were hounded away by sarkari people. So SUPARCO is the organization that will I will be most shocked by "amazing scientists". I literally know ONE guy that I will honestly say is a talented scientist and I am sure his group is doing great work. But that's 0.1% maybe of the first-hand accounts.

People like @Goenitz can corroborate my stories for you as I am sure he knows A LOT of suparco and ex-suparco folks. He might even be ex-suparco himself (he'll get the joke lol).

Like I always say I am just some guy on the internet. With that disclaimer out of the way, SUPARCO is the idara that I probably know most closely. My own family, classmates, seniors, juniors, have or are working in SUPARCO. I personally know A LOT of people in SUPARCO. And more importantly, ex-SUPARCO. So I hear all of these first-hand horror accounts of talented people that were hounded away by sarkari people. So SUPARCO is the organization that will I will be most shocked by "amazing scientists". I literally know ONE guy that I will honestly say is a talented scientist and I am sure his group is doing great work. But that's 0.1% maybe of the first-hand accounts.

People like @Goenitz can corroborate my stories for you as I am sure he knows A LOT of suparco and ex-suparco folks. He might even be ex-suparco himself (he'll get the joke lol).
People when see then they believe. Anyway, I think there are few taleneted person as you say, are doing great work. However, most of talented or growth seeking personals, have already left or thinking of it, but can't due to contract/bond. This is the same story in AWC, NDC and Suparco. I know many people working there but I have never been employed as I and Farooq wanted to go abroad.

Now SLV program will be on track for sure.
The MLSV and SLV projects in Turkey or the hybrid engines to be used in these vehicles, or inter-orbit payload tugs, or other probe rockets etc. all are under the responsibility of companies such as Roketsan and DeltaV that specialized or are specializing in rockets..

TAI space systems group is essentially the development, integration and testing center for communications, intelligence, geo, meteorology, and other types of satellites.

TAI has recently exported communications satellite and related techs to Argentina. GSATCOM Space Technologies, Inc. is the Joint Venture Company of Turkish Aerospace Industries, Inc. and INVAP SE. GSATCOM Satellite Family offers broad range of telecommunication solutions implemented by a full-electric small size space segment.

SUPARCO needs to first make the required satellites independently.
The slv is a transport vehicle, the aim is to have a useful satellite in the sky.
Launch business is expensive and time taking.
The reason only usa, Russia, EU ,China and India have launching facilities.
Even Japan doesn't use it's own launchers for communication satellites, not economical.
The British have no domestic launch capability but earn a lot by building satellites.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom