What's new

Pakistan signs peace pact with militants in Swat

I find the logic unique where you are suggesting that people should live in the Stoneage since that is their right by custom and privilege.

Aren't they also Pakistanis? Have they no right to enjoy the boons of modernity that other Pakistanis enjoy? Are they because of age old customs to live a serfs of their tribal masters?

I am surprised that you encourage the thought to leave these people to remain like barbarians till the end of time!
again, read my posts carefully. I can't always grab your hand to help you grasp the situation.

"of course in no way i am saying deny them fresh water or electricity. the army is already at work to improve their living conditions. however, putting up billboards of women, bollywood movies, music stations is definitely not the way to go. you're only looking for trouble."

There is definitely need to panic how cum a country cant deploy its own army in a particular region. Just because some local leader doesn't want. So who rules there. pakistan government or the local leader. I think this deal should be scrapped and pakistan army should kill those buggers.

Mr. it i high time that u stop suggestin wut Pakistan shuld do, it is our land n we know wut is best for it not U, if we tell u to do somethin will u do it, never. Stop pointin fingers at our Army, before pointin fingers at other army's just see wut ur army is doin in Kashmir!!!

Pakistan is only ruled by its People, where the hell this question comes in as to who rules Pakistan (GoP or Taliban)???

PLEASE THINK N WRITE WUT EVER U WRITE!!!:angry:

what part of "jinnah made a deal with the tribals upon them joining the federation" or "FATA" do you not understand?

Where does Jinnah come into this in my statement?

Must archaic rules continue even after 60 years?

calm down, there's no need to wet your pants. if our army launches a coup, that's our problem, not yours.

I am not wetting my pants. I am not trained to do so. The fact that you are supporting terrorists and archaic forms of serfdom in the face of modernity indicates that you may try to find out the colour scheme at the seat of you salwar!

It is not my problem I am aware. But I am a human being unfortunately for you and human issues do interest. Some may prefer to be frogs in the well. I prefer to be otherwise.

Where does Jinnah come into this in my statement?

Must archaic rules continue even after 60 years?

I am not wetting my pants. I am not trained to do so. The fact that you are supporting terrorists and archaic forms of serfdom in the face of modernity indicates that you may try to find out the colour scheme at the seat of you salwar!

It is not my problem I am aware. But I am a human being unfortunately for you and human issues do interest. Some may prefer to be frogs in the well. I prefer to be otherwise.
:disagree::coffee: like i said before, break down and start with the insults.:rolleyes:

Mr. it i high time that u stop suggestin wut Pakistan shuld do, it is our land n we know wut is best for it not U, if we tell u to do somethin will u do it, never. Stop pointin fingers at our Army, before pointin fingers at other army's just see wut ur army is doin in Kashmir!!!

Pakistan is only ruled by its People, where the hell this question comes in as to who rules Pakistan (GoP or Taliban)???

It is your land, but the issue is of universal interest.

If you knew what was best for you, then the issue would have been solved. Hence. do not attribute some extraordinary intelligence to yourself!

Indeed, when logic fails, raise Kashmir!

Unlike you, we are ready to debate that as we have done here too. We are not afraid of facing the issue or whimpering if someone else comments on it.

Learn to debate issues and not duck or use smokescreens!

The problem indeed is not of India. But terrorism anywhere in the world is. And it is surprising to find such a huge fan following for terrorists like Mehsud.

the army has always favoured a peace deal to give itself a positive image. unfortunately, it was restrained by US pressure and even is so now. engaging in peace talks means no more aid and could possibly mean a war with the US.

the new govt. has much more leverage in the WoT now because the media(including world media outlets) painted musharraf as a dictator who is going against his people on the orders of the US govt. the US image is deteriorating, now that the world has seen that it fully supports dictators.

stop bringing the tribals into this, this is not india where a whole people go against the writ of the govt. thanks to the gross acts of these militants, they have no support from the local population.

the recent army operation executed under the new govt. will decrease suicide attacks. they have found and destroyed bomb, IED, suicide vests factories. now mehsud is cornered by the army and will probably be forced into a peace deal since we're showing mercy to him.

You are right I shouldn't be equating the tribals with the militants. I read in this very topic that the PA's tough stance and the American drone bombings have alienated the tribal population and pushed them toward the militants.

By the way, your government was the first one to propose negotiations as the army operations weren't helping much. Mehsud got a favorable deal so he has agreed to abide. It remains to be seen whether he keeps his side of the bargain.

If the attacks on NATO stoop, then everybody wins. What if it doesn't? Will the US ask your government before striking? The US image is inconsequential. The world does what the US tells the world to do. Plus, when NATO troops die, nobody cares for the US image. Every NATO country will support drone strikes. I wouldn't be surprised then if your government does what Mush did.

Please, stop bringing India into everything.

You are right I shouldn't be equating the tribals with the militants. I read in this very topic that the PA's tough stance and the American drone bombings have alienated the tribal population and pushed them toward the militants.

By the way, your government was the first one to propose negotiations as the army operations weren't helping much. Mehsud got a favorable deal so he has agreed to abide. It remains to be seen whether he keeps his side of the bargain.

If the attacks on NATO stoop, then everybody wins. What if it doesn't? Will the US ask your government before striking? The US image is inconsequential. The world does what the US tells the world to do. Plus, when NATO troops die, nobody cares for the US image. Every NATO country will support drone strikes. I wouldn't be surprised then if your government does what Mush did.

Please, stop bringing India into everything.
as i said before, the army under musharraf's orders have brought up negotiations with mehsud and other factions in the past. they only proved to be periods of regrouping for the militia.

unfortunately, i don't think there will be a halt to any attack in afghanistan. the US and NATO are doing absolutely nothing about their own problems and blaming pakistan. the taliban control 11% percent of afghanistan.

we offered to seal up the border, yet afghanistan is not complying with our proposal. even if we do manage to bring peace back into pakistan, you can count on the hidden forces at work in afghanistan to stir up new trouble in our region.

if you can follow what i'm saying here, the best example would be the emergence of mehsud. mehsud became a problem when bughti was killed, meaning as soon as one threat is eliminated another takes its place. what's interesting is that abdullah mehsud, baitullah's brother, was a guantanamo bay prisoner. what is he doing in pakistan?

It is your land, but the issue is of universal interest.

If you knew what was best for you, then the issue would have been solved. Hence. do not attribute some extraordinary intelligence to yourself!

Indeed, when logic fails, raise Kashmir!

Unlike you, we are ready to debate that as we have done here too. We are not afraid of facing the issue or whimpering if someone else comments on it.

Learn to debate issues and not duck or use smokescreens!

The problem indeed is not of India. But terrorism anywhere in the world is. And it is surprising to find such a huge fan following for terrorists like Mehsud.

wut a great thinkin u have!!!:lol:

better u be ready to debate on Kashmir then!!!

"Learn to debate issues and not duck or use smokescreens!"

Better keep the above comment to urself, donot tell me wut i shuld do or how i shuld do, i wuld not take dictation from anyone, post somethin that is useful k.:angry:

well i tell u somethin mate, I can go on to talk with u on Kahmir, but there is no use talkin it with, u know why!!!

go learn how to respect other people n then come bak n reply!!!

by the way why did u reply to my post when i posted a reply to some 1 else's post???:crazy:

Yaar sohail by going with your argument, whatever Indian army is doing in kashmir is ordered by the government (now dont start bragging about so called human rights because terrorist dont have). These guys should be treated as terrorists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salim View Post
I find the logic unique where you are suggesting that people should live in the Stoneage since that is their right by custom and privilege.

Aren't they also Pakistanis? Have they no right to enjoy the boons of modernity that other Pakistanis enjoy? Are they because of age old customs to live a serfs of their tribal masters?

I am surprised that you encourage the thought to leave these people to remain like barbarians till the end of time!

again, read my posts carefully. I can't always grab your hand to help you grasp the situation.

"of course in no way i am saying deny them fresh water or electricity. the army is already at work to improve their living conditions. however, putting up billboards of women, bollywood movies, music stations is definitely not the way to go. you're only looking for trouble."

Please compare my post with your answer.

Indeed, if you grabbed my hand, I would be in the looney bin as a fruitcake.

How is your answer compatible with what I wrote?

You are an oddball.

as i said before, the army under musharraf's orders have brought up negotiations with mehsud and other factions in the past. they only proved to be periods of regrouping for the militia.

unfortunately, i don't think there will be a halt to any attack in afghanistan. the US and NATO are doing absolutely nothing about their own problems and blaming pakistan. the taliban control 11% percent of afghanistan.

we offered to seal up the border, yet afghanistan is not complying with our proposal. even if we do manage to bring peace back into pakistan, you can count on the hidden forces at work in afghanistan to stir up new trouble in our region.

if you can follow what i'm saying here, the best example would be the emergence of mehsud. mehsud became a problem when bughti was killed, meaning as soon as one threat is eliminated another takes its place. what's interesting is that abdullah mehsud, baitullah's brother, was a guantanamo bay prisoner. what is he doing in pakistan?

What I really don't understand is why doesn't the NATO work with the PA? Or is it that there is a mutual lack of trust?

Won't sealing the border be unpopular with the people living close to the border? If it isn't, why doesn't Pakistan unilaterally do so? I'm sure nobody would mind...

Further, there is no external hand in Mehsud's rise... I don't see the connection... perhaps you could explain me better.

wut a great thinkin u have!!!:lol:

better u be ready to debate on Kashmir then!!!

"Learn to debate issues and not duck or use smokescreens!"

Better keep the above comment to urself, donot tell me wut i shuld do or how i shuld do, i wuld not take dictation from anyone, post somethin that is useful k.:angry:

well i tell u somethin mate, I can go on to talk with u on Kahmir, but there is no use talkin it with, u know why!!!

go learn how to respect other people n then come bak n reply!!!

by the way why did u reply to my post when i posted a reply to some 1 else's post???:crazy:

Which world are you in, chum?

Where has to been written in stone that I cannot comment on a post?

If you can't debate on issues, even Kashmir, as you say, then that is your problem and not mine.

But keep the threads apart.

What has respect to do with commenting with a post?

Very odd an argument to say the least.

Is this a forum for soliloquy?

Yaar sohail by going with your argument, whatever Indian army is doing in kashmir is ordered by the government (now dont start bragging about so called human rights because terrorist dont have). These guys should be treated as terrorists.

u talked abut Human rights urself so i dont need to talk abut them, u know wut Indian army is doin, so i wuld not talk abut that!!!

terrorists r terrorists, so only 2 solutions possible, either eliminate them which Pak will not do until they surrender themselves, or negotiate peace deals that's it. Now i wont talk any further on this topic, in my view every corner that could be looked upon is looked upon, of the respective topic concerned.

Which world are you in, chum?

Where has to been written in stone that I cannot comment on a post?

If you can't debate on issues, even Kashmir, as you say, then that is your problem and not mine.

But keep the threads apart.

What has respect to do with commenting with a post?

Very odd an argument to say the least.

Is this a forum for soliloquy?

read my post again, wut i said abut Kashmir!!!

by respect i mean try not to use words which might offend someone, k.

please elaborate wut u mean by the last word in ur post???

please elaborate wut u mean by the last word in ur post???

It is an English word.

Quit grabbing my hand! ;)

You are not an infant!

In so far as the topic is concerned, Mehsud is a terrorist and the action taken by the US and the PA are correct since extra constitutional authorities that challenge the State cannot be allowed to bloom and blossom at will.

Weeds have to be removed if one wants to have a great garden (Gulistan)!

Back
Top Bottom