What's new

Pakistan should replace F-16 with F-35 ?

Pakistant need to replace F16 with F35 by 2020?

• YES

Votes: 61 42.1%
  • NO

Votes: 84 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody just suggested PAF & SAUDI pilots to be better than Israeli

And then a Top Gun school in sargodha is better then the WORLD FAMOUS MIRIMAR school in USA.

WAT A JOKE STATEMENT.

And then a Top Gun school in sargodha is better then the WORLD FAMOUS MIRIMAR school in USA.

WAT A JOKE STATEMENT.

Why the surprise??? PAF JF-17 is way better than the F-22.
Our universities are better than Harvard, Yale and all those other inferior universities. :cool:

The way people are talking, it sounds like China shall completely realize it's most advanced fighter program and also supply Pakistan within a decade...and right now we dont even have a picture to speak of. Stealth is not simple to speak of and even Russia with all it's experience took many years of conceptualization to develop a flying prototype. I would agree that J-XX is a concept and it's not so easy to realize the concept as people make it sound to be.

I should correct you again:Russia take so long time to develop 5'g fighter,not for ability,just for less of money input.
Chinese 5'th Gen fighter for the target with F22,not PAK-FA(I doubt is it a real 5'th G fighter),not F35.someone leak:the prototype is OK.the early next year will first flew.
After Su30MKK2,China hadn't import any fighter from Russia,even upgrated Su27SK,Su30 by ourselft. and something testing in J10B the reason you should think about.

ÍõÕ߻عé-רÀ¸-¹ÙкÖйúÒþÉí·É»úÉè¼Æʦ!-ÖлªÍø²©¿Í
Some imformation about Stealth technology you can get if you know Chinese.It's official leaks.In many official news we can summary that:the important components of 5th gen had delivery to Chengdu.First fly is coming.

They will keep make same statement again and again. Just ignore them, we have nothing to do with India regarding with J-XX. They won't affect anything.

I translate the story few pages ago.

See my post in #340

WAT A JOKE STATEMENT.

Quoting alizadeh2000 from
http://www.paklinks.com

The following quotes taken from international media sources prove
beyond a shadow of doubt that when it comes to the man behind the
machine, Pakistan's fighter pilots are simply THE BEST in the whole
wide world:

"This airforce(the PAF), is second to none"
"The air war lasted two weeks and the Pakistanis scored a
three-to-one kill ratio, knocking out 102 Russian-made Indian jets
and losing thirty-four airplanes of their own. I'm certain about the
figures because I went out several times a day in a chopper and
counted the wrecks below." "They were really good, aggressive
dogfighters and proficient in gunnery and air combat tactics. I was
damned impressed. Those guys just lived and breathed flying. "
(General (Retd.) Chuck Yeager (USAF) , Book: Yeager, the
Autobiography).
General Chuck Yeager, famous USAF test pilot, on deputation in
Pakistan as US Defense Representative. The PAF remains the only
foreign air force in the world to have received Chuck Yeager's
admiration - a
recommendation which the PAF is proud of.
==============================================

"He was a formidable fellow and I was glad that he was Pakistani and
not Egyptian"
(Israel Air Force chief and ex-President Ezer Weizmen writing about
PAF chief Nur Khan in his autobiography, On Eagles' Wings).
===============================================

"As an air defence analyst, I am fully aware that the Pakistan Air
Force ranks today as one of the best air forces in the world and that
the PAF Combat Commanders' School (CCS) in Sargodha has been ranked
as the best GCI/pilot and fighter tactics and weapons school in the
world
". As one senior US defence analyst commented to me in 1991, "it
leaves Topgun (the US Naval Air Station in Miramar, California) far
behind".
-Sergey Vekhov
May 1993 issue (pages 46-47) of Airforces Monthly, a reputable
UK-based air defence magazine.
================================================

The PAF, although outnumbered by IAF(Indian Air Force), has at least
one qualitative edge over its rival: Pilot Training. The caliber of
Pakistani instructors is acknowledged by numerous air forces, and US
Navy pilots considered them to be highly 'professional' during
exercises flying off the USS Constellation (as co-pilots).

-Jane's International Defense (June 24, 1998)

"By all accounts the courage displayed by the Pakistan Air Force
pilots is reminiscent of the bravery of the few young and dedicated
pilots who saved this country from Nazi invaders in the critical
Battle of Britain during the last war."

Patrick Seale,
The Observer, London,
September 12, 1965.

"Pakistan claims to have destroyed something like 1/3rd the Indian
Air Force, and foreign observers, who are in a position to know say
that Pakistani pilots have claimed even higher kills than this; but
the Pakistani Air Force are being scrupulously honest in evaluating
these claims. They are crediting Pakistan Air Force only those
killings that can be checked from other sources."

Roy Meloni,
American Broadcasting Corporation
September 15, 1965.

The London Daily Mirror reported: "There is a smell of death in the
burning Pakistan sun. For it was here that India's attacking forces
came to a dead stop.

"During the night they threw in every reinforcement they could find.
But wave after wave of attacks were repulsed by the Pakistanis"

"India", said the London Daily Times, "is being soundly beaten by a
nation which is outnumbered by four and a half to one in population
and three to one in size of armed forces."

In Times reporter Louis Karrar wrote: "Who can defeat a nation which
knows how to play hide and seek with death".

Last edited:
F22 and F35 programs had no money issues still they are a huge time overruns... So u feel its only money???

US having the most advanced tech took 20 years to develop n induct a Gen 5 fighter...

Russia too has a similar time line...

With China still validating Gen 4 technoligies and struggling with Engines how can any one conclude that Chinese being farr behind Russsia and US can achive the same feat in lesser period ' even if they do have the capability.

Plus yu muSt set the clock to 10 years for induction the day JXX IS SEEN FIRST...ITS MAIDEN FLIGHT...

SO ALREADY CHINA IS 5 YEARS BEHIND AS WE DONT EXPECT TO SEE JXX BEFORE 2015.

F22 and F35 programs had no money issues still they are a huge time overruns... So u feel its only money???

US having the most advanced tech took 20 years to develop n induct a Gen 5 fighter...
Have some comment sence please!
the collapse of the Soviet union,Most threat of enemy is down.so F22 is not so pressing.Why not still selling F16/F15 the maximize,than......

Offence is best Defence , it will be most stupid strategy if you plan only to defend you boarders , you should have capability to do surgical strikes , read 1965 and 1971 Pak India War for growth of your vission.

So, what I understand from your discussion is that you are suggesting that Just a handful of F-35s are going to turn the tables around ?? And we can go from defensive(minimum deterrence) to offensive strategy just because lets say if we buy a 100 F-35s !!!

For the bolded part above, its common sense that offensive strategy enhances the defense as well, but If I was the one to formulate our defense policies and someone had suggested me this, then I would say: Next time with this Idea please bring me the money to excute it!!

I agree that we need hightech equipment but its not possible to divert the whole defense budget for procurement of a few jets.

Our Navy and every other force & division is in serious need of upgradation, if it was just about Airforce then its a different matter.

4th generation fighter could not target F35 so it is our decision we need Air force or not?

Well, we are never going to face F-35s, since the only country's having these jets are part of NATO, and fighitng one of them means fighting NATO and in such a scenario how would a handful of our (presumed) F-35s will help against their F-35s already in huge numbers along with other sophisticated equipment of NATO country's!!

Yes, you can continue war with your enemy for many years because you have strategic depth in Afghanistan but you can not win the war with out strong Air force .

If you mean that through Afghanistan we are fighting a proxy war with NATO and we need a strong air force to have a decisive victory.

Then we don't only need an air force, instead we need to clean the terrorism out of country, sacrifiy on defense budgets for the time being, bring strict reforms for economy, show a growth like China, become an economic super power and then start manufacturing every single piece of arms and equipments, make an army to the size of US atleast and then take it directly on them.

Something far away from even dreams:cheesy:

The idea of F-35 for AirForce is just like saying; Pakistan navy is in bad condition lets buy some Aircraft Carriers to give it a life!!!

F-16s are not going anywhere for the next 12 years so first i request mod to change the title of the thread secondly even if we have to order F-35, that will be in 2020. Currently we need to focus on J-10, JFT improved blocks and UCAVs.
:pakistan:

The idea of F-35 for AirForce is just like saying; Pakistan navy is in bad condition lets buy some Aircraft Carriers to give it a life!!!

You totally misunderstood technically capabilities of F35 .

In case F-35 attacked our country , F16 or JF will remain on ground even our radar detect them because their is no chance of dogfight with F35.It will be suicidel .

That is reason all World Best Air forces have plan to buy Fifth generation fighter in next five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom