What's new

Pakistan Sets Eyes on China’s New J-35 Fighter Jet

Pakistan air force project AZM will be a chinese jet with Pakistani input and possible Pakistani chosen avionics, missiles systems if available.

We are still waiting for Chinese military to decide which 2nd 5th generation fighter jet they will they be producing, we will follow the Jf17 route which is highly successful project for Pakistan. Project AZM will also be successful InshaAllah, just the delay is killing us. We should have introduced 5th generation by 2025 but now even 2030 looks too early, by 2035 the world powers will be introducing 6th generation whilst we be introducing 5th. So always a generation behind the world powers.

6th generation is still a few decades (2-3) away. I def dont consider the British Tempest or Japanese F-xx fighters to be 6th generation as they claimed but 5th generation.

5th generation jets are the last manned jets...truth 6th generation jet will be unmanned and make use of artificial intelligence & machine learning.

Dude PAF is not going to buy the J-35. J-35 is a modified J-31 for carrier operations. Dont know if you even bother to read through the thread but there has been over 100+ posts on this now.

PAF will def go for the J-31/FC-31, its not a matter of if but when. J-31 will not turn into Azm. PAF is completely content on focusing on a domestic 5th generation program even if it takes another decade or more to join service. Until then J-31 will fill in the numbers as a stop gap.

Dude, J-35 is a derivative of J-31 (consensus, check also Hui Tong site). This means that if PAF goes for a derivative, it will be a derivative of...

can you guess? What the J-31 prototype 1 with design flaws? Or the mature J-35. When Canada bought Hornets, why didn't they by the F-17 prototype?

No? Did the light start shining yet... what ... did they buy an aircraft carrier as well to fly the hornet? No? What do countries do when they convert a naval fighter like F/A-18 or F-4 into land roles? Call it something else?

Anyways, this is a petty and silly argument, anyone with half a brain can understand what I wrote, and not get a heat signature in the rear from it. :D

you gotta have fifth generation aircraft in few years.. keep on working on Azm for mass production of stealth fighter to replace jf 17 in 15 years, meanwhile pakistan has to get 2 to 3 SQ of stealth fighters

Will not be available for another decade. Turkish tfx is not available till 2030+, most likely 2035. Chinese J20 is heavy weight jet and we want a medium weight like fc31, but fc31 has been around for a decade but only 2 to 3 prototypes, its so slow that it won't be ready until 2030 and if the delay continues then 2035.

Will not be available for another decade. Turkish tfx is not available till 2030+, most likely 2035. Chinese J20 is heavy weight jet and we want a medium weight like fc31, but fc31 has been around for a decade but only 2 to 3 prototypes, its so slow that it won't be ready until 2030 and if the delay continues then 2035.

you missed my point.. Make Azm a project ot mass replace JF17 in 10 to 15 years.. meanwhile buy chinese stealth fighters like JF35 , 2 to 3 squardons

Dude, J-35 is a derivative of J-31 (consensus, check also Hui Tong site). This means that if PAF goes for a derivative, it will be a derivative of...

can you guess? What the J-31 prototype 1 with design flaws? Or the mature J-35. When Canada bought Hornets, why didn't they by the F-17 prototype?

No? Did the light start shining yet... what ... did they buy an aircraft carrier as well to fly the hornet? No? What do countries do when they convert a naval fighter like F/A-18 or F-4 into land roles? Call it something else?

Anyways, this is a petty and silly argument, anyone with half a brain can understand what I wrote, and not get a heat signature in the rear from it. :D

Good post, we have no confirmation if China will be producing this jet or not, so we cannot say it will be bought by Pakistan, however which ever jet China produces, be it J35, fc31, modified J20 or a completely new medium weight jet, it will be project AZM with Pakistani specs, same as Jf17

you missed my point.. Make Azm a project ot mass replace JF17 in 10 to 15 years.. meanwhile buy chinese stealth fighters like JF35 , 2 to 3 squardons

Are you trolling us lol :laughcry:

The J-31/Azm combo will be similar to how PAF chose to purchase F-16s off the shelf while producing JF-17s at home.

Exact same route will be taken for the 5th generation. Expect F-31 purchases to reach up to 100 over its lifespan and 200+ Azms.

Good post, we have no confirmation if China will be producing this jet or not, so we cannot say it will be bought by Pakistan, however which ever jet China produces, be it J35, fc31, modified J20 or a completely new medium weight jet, it will be project AZM with Pakistani specs, same as Jf17

Are you trolling us lol :laughcry:

I sure hope it is not bought, if bought just a handful is okay - but if many are bought, it would kill the Azm project and that is something that would upset me a lot. The camp that tried to kill the JF-17 would have finally triumphed over the camp that believes in indigenous development.

The J-31/Azm combo will be similar to how PAF chose to purchase F-16s off the shelf while producing JF-17s at home.

Exact same route will be taken for the 5th generation. Expect F-31 purchases to reach up to 100 over its lifespan and 200+ Azms.

Or buy Turkish TFX as the f16 and project AZM is jf17 like fc31. Perfect combo :)
Remember we will be able to choose own radar, weaponry, systems for the fc31. So it will definitely be the project AZM.

Remember we will be able to choose own radar, weaponry, systems for the fc31. So it will definitely be the project AZM.
Why not choose your own radar, weaponry, systems for JF-17 firstly?

Or the completely domestic production of JF-17?

Take SAC for example, Su-27 -> J-11A -> J-11B/BS -> J-15/16 -> FC-31 -> J-xx...

To be honest, I think this is a better way to set up own aviation.
Based on the JF-17 knowledge, develop another 4G++ fighter(medium or heavy), design and R&D in Pakistan with help from China.
Step by step is the way to go.

But this idea probably is not fancy enough and unpopular here.

I think the time when JF-17 was produced, we didn't have the luxury in area of industrial buildup or local R&D at-least to be independent in some areas for Radar etc as you said. However, by the time when Azm will be around, mind you Azm isn't just a fighter but a complete setup as a whole that includes 5th Gen AC to weapons, Radar and all to be done to support local production. So that is possible for Azm either by indigenous or joint venture but will surely give us freedom to do things at home more often. Creation of Thunder was the first step towards what we see as options in future to choose the best. That can be a mix of techs or totally local but things will be different.

I think the time when JF-17 was produced, we didn't have the luxury in area of industrial buildup or local R&D at-least to be independent in some areas for Radar etc as you said. However, by the time when Azm will be around, mind you Azm isn't just a fighter but a complete setup as a whole that includes 5th Gen AC to weapons, Radar and all to be done to support local production. So that is possible for Azm either by indigenous or joint venture but will surely give us freedom to do things at home more often. Creation of Thunder was the first step towards what we see as options in future to choose the best. That can be a mix of techs or totally local but things will be different.
There are no short cuts to develop your own aviation industry.

There are no short cuts to develop your own aviation industry.

Exactly. It has to go step by step so we have Thunder at first and later comes the rest of learning and building local production.

I believe he was talking about start with replacing subsystems in JF17 with Pakistan own products or take over the R&D of it NOW.
Like China did at the beginning with its own aviation.
It's our mindset of doing things so I can understand what he was referring hehehe

Back
Top Bottom