What's new

Pakistan Seeks Thales Damocles Targeting Pod For JF-17 Aircraft

All F16s spares are available currently. The EDA aircraft from AMARC were already picked up some time and have joined.
Does the PAF have plans to stock up on enough spare parts to make due in case of sanctions? Or does it have enough today to stock it up for a decade or two?

I have been reminded by some "bozo" in the past that we "juniors" cannot comment on the smart *** one liners of the "seniors." So, I guess i reserve comment on how confidence can be "shattered" with one "click."
You can comment all you like as long as it is to prove your point. In the case you are pointing to we have along with an exAF colleague of yours and probably of the same cadre as you tried reason and have all given up.I would suggest you do the same. It is too much strain on the old Coronaries.
A

There is a doubt, deal might not go through due to India French Rafael deal.
Last time, France turned back due to 10 Billion possible deal with India that never matured.

Let see France is going to repeat same mistake or will change the rules of game.

Why PAF don't justify here also like when we ask them to buy two engine jet

They say no we never used them buying them means entire setup we buyso does in this deal

Why not integrating F 16 pods with thunder

Why PAF don't justify here also like when we ask them to buy two engine jet

They say no we never used them buying them means entire setup we buyso does in this deal

Why not integrating F 16 pods with thunder
F16's targeting pod, Sniper, are licensed to be used on F16 only. The licensing is available for country and platform, and not so portable to other platforms.

Does the PAF have plans to stock up on enough spare parts to make due in case of sanctions? Or does it have enough today to stock it up for a decade or two?

I am sure there are "war reserves" for all forces in Pakistan to support embargoed equipment.

You can comment all you like as long as it is to prove your point. In the case you are pointing to we have along with an exAF colleague of yours and probably of the same cadre as you tried reason and have all given up.I would suggest you do the same. It is too much strain on the old Coronaries.
A

Victor Mike Tango for your valuable suggestion.

@Quwa @Bilal Khan 777 What is the problem with the WMD-7 targeting pod. Heard that it is based on the israeli Litering targeting Pod, and Israel helped Chinese in building that. So what is that which is not achievable with the WMD7 due to which Pakistan is looking for targetting pod else where.

@Quwa @Bilal Khan 777 What is the problem with the WMD-7 targeting pod. Heard that it is based on the israeli Litering targeting Pod, and Israel helped Chinese in building that. So what is that which is not achievable with the WMD7 due to which Pakistan is looking for targetting pod else where.

There is no issues with its functionality and capability as such, but at 280kg, it is too heavy and has rather limited / tracking designating ranges for what PAF would want. Unfortunately for wmd-7, it is being compared and over shadowed with the Sniper pod which is being used very efficiently. Not to mention, it is one of the best tregting pods available in the world today.

There is no issues with its functionality and capability as such, but at 280kg, it is too heavy and has rather limited / tracking designating ranges for what PAF would want. Unfortunately for wmd-7, it is being compared and over shadowed with the Sniper pod which is being used very efficiently. Not to mention, it is one of the best tregting pods available in the world today.

Sorry sir, but 280 kg wt is not considered as heavy. Even the Litening Pod is 240 KG wt. Some how it is going to take a hardpoint. Now if for ground attack with the JF-17 one hardpoint is taken by the targeting pod, and two hard point with the tri armed pylon of light LGB or even quad armed LGB of 250 pound guided bomb and two drop tank, is more than enough for the COIN operation. What I am feeling is that PAF needs twin seater JF-17, so that the copilot could handle the targeting load, and pilot could focus on flying. There is no report of the terrorists armed with the sholder fired Manpads, so no other equipment is necessary.

Not to mention Chinese themselves are using OC-5 targeting pod on J-10 series instead of WMD-7 and in 10 years of flying , there is not a single instance/pic of JF being flown with WMD-7 nor a single test video released of JF with WMD-7.

Not to mention Chinese themselves are using OC-5 targeting pod on J-10 series instead of WMD-7.

The OC series offers restricted functionality compared to KPZ/ WMD, KPZ series, apart from the jf-17, the JH-7 also uses KPZ/ wmd-7 pods

web.jpg

The OC series offers restricted functionality compared to KPZ/ WMD, KPZ series, apart from the jf-17, the JH-7 also uses KPZ/ wmd-7 pods

web.jpg

Has WMD-7 gone through any upgrade in last 6-8 years? I remember Sniper becoming operational in 2010 and in its next upgraded iteration they added a datalink in Sniper ATP with in 2-3 years. As no up-gradations to make WMD-7 more advance/compact/shed weight and with pushing OC-5 on upgraded J-10's. We can clearly see why PAF is not going for WMD-7 because China has no plan to further develop WMD-7 and as we all know WMD-7 has become useless or a handicap in today's scenario because of the limited functionality and being bulky

Not to mention Chinese themselves are using OC-5 targeting pod on J-10 series instead of WMD-7 and in 10 years of flying , there is not a single instance/pic of JF being flown with WMD-7 nor a single test video released of JF with WMD-7.
FC-1+JF-17+Thunder+Xiaolong+Fighter+electro+optical+targeting+system+eots+pod+for+fighter+jets+WMD-7+laser-designator+targeting+pod+block+I+II+III+IV+1+2+3+4+PAF+PLAAF+Pakistan+air+force+chinese+china++%25283%2529.jpg

@Bilal Khan 777 Sir Can u tell me which platform PAf now chose against rafale. and against 271 +40 Su30 what we have to counter ? And have pakistn inducted hq9 and tell me the range of hq9
Thnx regards

@Bilal Khan 777 Sir Can u tell me which platform PAf now chose against rafale. and against 271 +40 Su30 what we have to counter ? And have pakistn inducted hq9 and tell me the range of hq9
Thnx regards

why give away such information to help the obsessive compulsive neighbour in getting the sales blocked?

It is a very good choice with a range of 16 km for weapon guidance to target and 27 for target identification and analysis. This will provide JF-17 a precision strike capability that will raise is status. Malaysian and Saudi Arabian air forces are already using it their Su-30s and Eurofighter typhoons respectively. One alternative can be that we buy it from Russia at a cheaper price since Russia has licensed production of these pods for their Su-30s. That makes me think that Su-35 will also come bundled with these goodies if PAF decides to buy a few dozen of these birds.

Back
Top Bottom