What's new

Pakistan s Strategic Situation

I personally BELIEVE and firmly believe that we should let the democratic government complete the tenure.

As far as money is concerned I can say with conviction that Asif Sahab's family does not bow to such benefits. He is not most famous indeed because he is not favourit of foreign funded media houses :)
I take your words for that since I don't know much about him and his work...may be the money is not the motive but he has deliberately chosen to overlook the mega-corruption and incompetence of the current regime so his analysis is neither balanced nor intellectually honest for whatever reason.

@hellfire

Things are defined on different parameters and are explained in contexts of the parameters that are defined differently that too as per the ones narrative by everyone. What you are following is your prospective or to the some, an inspiration of things that you have to see through which is the case to all of us.

Let me say, in short, there is one ISLAM no matter how much people attach the barbarism, extremism and what not to ISLAM because as soon as any practice cross the limits of Islam or are opposing to the teaching of Islam, are not Islam at all but so-calling and advertising it as this Islam or that Islam is just like setting a decoy that others, even knowingly, cannot avoid but to fall for it. Just look at the Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya etc chapters that currently to Syria, are just the prospective of the ones ideology and plans for supremacy that does not include any reservation as "them nations/people" but as these nations are Islamic hence different names for Islam to achieve the goals. I bet here, if there was any other power on earth, to take over the current power, there would be many of definitions for them nations including US & West that it would have been turned into what today's M.E and Libya etc are. It is all about New World Order that would be opposed in different manners than conventional ways.

Now coming to call it ethnic, sect or whatever issues that includes social as well, are propagated by every rival against other to portray her as per the norms of the ones wish and plans but there is always another side of coin which is different and opposed to the hosting party's approach and advertisement. Pakistan has many other options, far more than Stone & Rock thing but as ti has no end or any fruits to explain so only happenings in future and real time approach by passing such crucial times will prove how we did it.

There are many other forces in such process whereby we have been allegedly painted as, without any choice or having limited options, is based upon many of the regional powers own interests subject to Pakistan and to the most extent, is a part of Media warfare that frankly speaking, we lack and even our liberals want to even the same, fails miserably because them forget the culture, norms and values of our society. It is easy to understand that whenever, the new system opposing to the values of society and culture, is to be executed it results in disaster and a damage that most are confused yet becomes the pawn for other powers. Same goes to US & West that whenever in the name of their diplomacy, those powers tried to inject their system into the world which is totally different due to Family Systems, Culture, Faith and Society values, it becomes as a civil disaster at first then war and then nothing left but mourning and this exactly happened in the start though by the passage of time, name and shape is changed from civil war to ethnic to sect to terrorism and who knows what's next.

USSR is an old story and is history now but any step of Russia in today's times, we are not so sleepy in the case as knowing the history. However, there is always a bridge which connects to different ends to different location and turns into a whole new way to walk on. The political and diplomatic shape of the region is changing rapidly and to the lay man term, we are hearing formation of new blocks etc, is the picture with too much colours in it hard to name, but draws an image that worries many powers around like US due to China & Russia and to the some extent Pakistan while on other hand India against Pakistan & China. I am not striking out the reservations of India against Pakistan here but the most fear is being injected by the powers to help rise an ally that would face regional powers supposed to be off own fear but played accordingly.

Saudi plays what they want to, Iran will be doing what she is promised to do so and Pakistan is more concerned with own interests. We can see that as in some areas Iran openly support India even knowing the India's doing within Pakistan or Kashmir but it reflects the Iran's diplomacy for her own Nation. Then there is stance of Russia towards many nations that is based upon her own interests though Pakistan's CPEC road and Gawadar is a long due to be done by now as well as, in short, a check mate to US influence that corners the Russia & China, yet this route made sure, for external powers, we cannot be contained nor cornered even we helped many others to play like this.

Indeed Baluchistan was a threat but now things are far better than before even a strong foot hold of Law & Order is maintained and progresses on daily basis though siding with two countries that are more close to our rival than us being neighbors that too on the basis of their own interests, to the some extent is harder to refrain them any intervention currently, but few messages delivered and current progress proved as what is done and what would happen.

Everyone pets an evil though mine is more exposed to the world and advertised as badly as it can be through different means and resources that I am lacking currently but by minding own business and striving for the goals that I set, is more of key to the achievements and I am on the way. We, IMO, badly lack the propaganda machine which I think is also because of the Faith's teaching for us otherwise, the picture of us which is shown to the world through media wouldn't be in existing today. You can see current development and progress in Karachi that is getting back on normal routine but did receive the message especially during hot times of Kashmir and CPEC. Previously, it was done when WoT and OP was on peak that too was to divert the sources and attention to give a relief for those terrorists.

There are always narratives of the people up-to their own interests and same goes to the nations as well like yours Pakistan and India which cannot be overruled however, it is pertinent to mention that ones narrative becomes an evidence and fact at the time when strives hard and achieved it. On the same moment, it is not feasible to ignore the others narrative, as there is always 2 after 1 in serial so the one which lost in first place would be coming with more new ideas to overcome and counter any further achievements of the current winner.

As soon as i start to write, 1000s of things started to spark but at the above end, thought, needs a break and might have missed many things in above but still a bit of an observation and narrative from general point of view or a broader picture, I felt must be shared now and rest is kept for any further interests.

A low life troll is always there when it comes to Pakistan, that never miss a chance to malign Pak and cheap shots but still, couldn't get the attention. A desperation case that turned one into to taunts spitting and personal attacks with no motive but seeking what, exactly, the attention.

I can wait:

hellfire ► Syed.Ali.Haider will be responding to eagle after 30 Sep 16. Stuck in a tight schedule. He has posted a very open ended piece, needs to be specifically dealt with or the potential for a protracted write up session increases.

I would love be educated more on that than a reply to reply. Indeed, a healthy discussion starts with open ended conversation which is fruitful not the box packed, own narrative with no room of improvement though sometimes, things are posted in short manners or few headings so the others can get an idea. You can tag me easily, no need to play child's game. This is not a child education to repeat all the details with everything, every time like a parrot so any educated and saner understands what is presented however, still some out of habit with leg pulling and deliberate attempts of annoy, would push others to do the same thing and repeat again & again just to linger on but not to learn.

I welcome everyone with health discussion but one need to act what (s)he says which includes signatures as well. A conversation not a rant, without sectarian hate, community bashing and resembling Altaf Hussain is more than welcome always.

@The Eagle An inordinate delay in the reply, due to matters that have required an undivided attention elsewhere. My delayed response to your post as above at #62.

Things are defined on different parameters and are explained in contexts of the parameters that are defined differently that too as per the ones narrative by everyone. What you are following is your prospective or to the some, an inspiration of things that you have to see through which is the case to all of us.

Totally agreed. Any study, has to have an aim, a design and a set of parameters to define the methodology to be followed in confirming or rebutting the premise as intended at the start.

What is imperative, is that my perspective, by itself, is merely an observation on the existential paradigm of evolution of fundamentalism in the Pakistani society. It is neither a confirmation nor a denial of any preconceived premise or conjecture that may/may not be pertinent to the overall narrative. Had that been the case, it would have been a typical case of Pygmalion Effect, something that would indeed render the observations into the realm of mere fantastical imagination.

Let me say, in short, there is one ISLAM no matter how much people attach the barbarism, extremism and what not to ISLAM because as soon as any practice cross the limits of Islam or are opposing to the teaching of Islam, are not Islam at all but so-calling and advertising it as this Islam or that Islam is just like setting a decoy that others, even knowingly, cannot avoid but to fall for it. Just look at the Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya etc chapters that currently to Syria, are just the prospective of the ones ideology and plans for supremacy that does not include any reservation as "them nations/people" but as these nations are Islamic hence different names for Islam to achieve the goals. I bet here, if there was any other power on earth, to take over the current power, there would be many of definitions for them nations including US & West that it would have been turned into what today's M.E and Libya etc are. It is all about New World Order that would be opposed in different manners than conventional ways.

There is, again, no difference of opinion in the bold portion of your statement. I have myself contended that Islam, like Christianity and any other religion for that matter, is undergoing a continuous evolution albeit at times, distortion?

The remainder of your paragraph,is not contested as evolution of nation states, and utilisation of religion as an instrument of policy is a well recorded fact that can not be contested by any rational logic.

But, at the same time, will it not amount to ignorance of the human beings, that they have allowed Islam to be divided and have allowed Sunni-Shia schism to continue and at times promoted it to further their own perceived or real personal/national interests? If that indeed is the case, can one deny the schism as evident in Pakistani society, being the result of the very same national policy wherein troops were deputed increasingly to Arab states subscribing to this divisive philosophy and irrespective of best efforts there have been some fissures which have been developed as a consequence of this exposure actively supported as an instrument of state policy? By this, I of course, indicate to the policy of ‘islamisation’ undertaken to support the ‘Jihad’ in Afghanistan, and as a State policy under Zia government, of the Pashtun tribes and society in Pakistan as whole, which, with the close cooperation of Pakistan with GCC countries, especially Saudi Arabia pursuing a divisive agenda, has only resulted in the same divisiveness creeping in in to the Pakistani society? Do the Shia specific acts, not exemplify these fissures? Would Iran, a country with it’s own agenda, not seek to exploit them with the intent to check Pakistan in a two pronged strategy to contain the spread of Saudi influence into Pakistan as also to check the Pakistani policies in Afghanistan, which are against it’s own perceived national interests?

"Now coming to call it ethnic, sect or whatever issues that includes social as well, are propagated by every rival against other to portray her as per the norms of the ones wish and plans but there is always another side of coin which is different and opposed to the hosting party's approach and advertisement. Pakistan has many other options, far more than Stone & Rock thing but as ti has no end or any fruits to explain so only happenings in future and real time approach by passing such crucial times will prove how we did it."

I have not contended to the doom of Pakistani state. I, on the other hand, have contended to the deepening of fissures as existential presently. It is something which will be exploited by all concerned,if not being done already.

"There are many other forces in such process whereby we have been allegedly painted as, without any choice or having limited options, is based upon many of the regional powers own interests subject to Pakistan and to the most extent, is a part of Media warfare that frankly speaking, we lack and even our liberals want to even the same, fails miserably because them forget the culture, norms and values of our society. It is easy to understand that whenever, the new system opposing to the values of society and culture, is to be executed it results in disaster and a damage that most are confused yet becomes the pawn for other powers. Same goes to US & West that whenever in the name of their diplomacy, those powers tried to inject their system into the world which is totally different due to Family Systems, Culture, Faith and Society values, it becomes as a civil disaster at first then war and then nothing left but mourning and this exactly happened in the start though by the passage of time, name and shape is changed from civil war to ethnic to sect to terrorism and who knows what's next."

For the highlighted part, would it be a stretch of imagination if I were to interject and simply call that as a mere distortion of facts to portray one's own self as a "victim"? Has the Pakistani State not benefited from convergence with "vested" interests of 'regional powers'? Is Afghanistan Policy of Pakistan an example of mass hysteria against the Pakistani State?

The challenge to the society is from the takfiri ideology. I have not contended to any other aspect. The takfiri ideology is being promoted, propagated and pursued by the wahabis quite successfully if I may say so.

You have precisely pointed out what I wanted to convey by paraphrasing it into a more intellectually acceptable form, perhaps?

Regarding the current phase, the doctrine of Cardinal Richelieu, as followed by him while at the helm of state of affairs in France, come to my mind. The West is into it, that is also something which I agree to especially with regards to Baluchistan. Elsewhere, as I told @That Guy , I have no doubts personally as to the status of Baluchistan, but it is something that can and will be exploited increasingly, due to Iran also being an affected party and CPEC cropping up.

"USSR is an old story and is history now but any step of Russia in today's times, we are not so sleepy in the case as knowing the history. However, there is always a bridge which connects to different ends to different location and turns into a whole new way to walk on. The political and diplomatic shape of the region is changing rapidly and to the lay man term, we are hearing formation of new blocks etc, is the picture with too much colours in it hard to name, but draws an image that worries many powers around like US due to China & Russia and to the some extent Pakistan while on other hand India against Pakistan & China."

I would beg to disagree when you call USSR an old story. I would rather call it the aberrant evolution of the Russian Empire. What you are trivialising here, is the perpetuation of a State as a 'going concern', if I may label it as such. In your contention above, you have correctly identified 'emergence' of blocs. Where you have either shied away from elaboration or perhaps have again trivialised the issue altogether, is the phase of Russian expansionism at the cost of Chinese Empire when the Qing Empire was in a decline and the work of Count Nikolai Ignatieff, the Czar's brilliant and sly Plenipotentiary in Beijing. Perhaps if one was to take into consideration the present set of conditions facing Russia, it's political manoeuvring and diplomatic intrigues, as also it's economic status and matched it to this particular phase that I refer to above, things will become more clearer on a larger horizon. I shall leave it upto you, to make your own deductions when I say this. I am sure you shall be able to appreciate towards what end I have put out this perspective.

"I am not striking out the reservations of India against Pakistan here but the most fear is being injected by the powers to help rise an ally that would face regional powers supposed to be off own fear but played accordingly."

An oversimplification of a slightly distorted complexity.

India has a historical baggage of having surrendered it's legitimate interests in Tibet and allowing a nation separate from China to go under in order to achieve a permanent lasting peace and boundary settlement acceptable to both. It is pertinent to note, that the Tibetan Authorities did indeed agree on the MacMohan Line, and it was only China which did not. At the time, Tibet was not a part of the Chinese Qing Empire, nor was it so under the Nationalist Government which followed. What followed, was a naked aggression of a territory considered a part of the Chinese "empire", the thought process of the "Celestial Court", in garb of communism. The consistency in Chinese philosophy of governance and international relations is hard to miss.

"Saudi plays what they want to, Iran will be doing what she is promised to do so and Pakistan is more concerned with own interests. We can see that as in some areas Iran openly support India even knowing the India's doing within Pakistan or Kashmir but it reflects the Iran's diplomacy for her own Nation. Then there is stance of Russia towards many nations that is based upon her own interests though Pakistan's CPEC road and Gawadar is a long due to be done by now as well as, in short, a check mate to US influence that corners the Russia & China, yet this route made sure, for external powers, we cannot be contained nor cornered even we helped many others to play like this."

Your perception. The highlighted portion? It holds true again as per your perception.

"Indeed Baluchistan was a threat but now things are far better than before even a strong foot hold of Law & Order is maintained and progresses on daily basis though siding with two countries that are more close to our rival than us being neighbors that too on the basis of their own interests, to the some extent is harder to refrain them any intervention currently, but few messages delivered and current progress proved as what is done and what would happen."

My perception here changes as does yours with respect to Kashmir. If Kashmir is a supposed 'forceful occupation of India', a travesty of well recorded and established facts, then, by the same logic, so is Baluchistan. It is merely a case of quid pro quo. The aim of raising Baluchistan was to drive in a point of susceptibilities on either sides in their process of nation formation. The need to refrain from highlighting them for mere strategic gains are fraught with potentially greater complexities than desirable.

"Everyone pets an evil though mine is more exposed to the world and advertised as badly as it can be through different means and resources that I am lacking currently but by minding own business and striving for the goals that I set, is more of key to the achievements and I am on the way. We, IMO, badly lack the propaganda machine which I think is also because of the Faith's teaching for us otherwise, the picture of us which is shown to the world through media wouldn't be in existing today. You can see current development and progress in Karachi that is getting back on normal routine but did receive the message especially during hot times of Kashmir and CPEC. Previously, it was done when WoT and OP was on peak that too was to divert the sources and attention to give a relief for those terrorists."

Again, a propensity to drag in faith, where there is absolutely no locus standii for the same. How does this logic hold? Can you elucidate? I would rather have accepted an excuse on basis of moral value system, something, which can not be exclusively shaped by faith/religion but rather is shaped pre-dominantly by the inherent familial and societal system of values, religion only giving it a semblance of insightful corrections or perversions (as we see with perversion of religious teachings and values by uneducated and downright ignorant 'merchants' of faith/religion)

"There are always narratives of the people up-to their own interests and same goes to the nations as well like yours Pakistan and India which cannot be overruled however, it is pertinent to mention that ones narrative becomes an evidence and fact at the time when strives hard and achieved it. On the same moment, it is not feasible to ignore the others narrative, as there is always 2 after 1 in serial so the one which lost in first place would be coming with more new ideas to overcome and counter any further achievements of the current winner. "

No two views on it. I think this truism is very succinctly put here by you.

"As soon as i start to write, 1000s of things started to spark but at the above end, thought, needs a break and might have missed many things in above but still a bit of an observation and narrative from general point of view or a broader picture, I felt must be shared now and rest is kept for any further interests."

I think you have held back more than you have typed out. I see a fragment, a fleeting glimpse of an idea, but you pull back. But I think, broadly speaking, I am able to get what you have tried to pen here.

Thanks

@Syed.Ali.Haider

I had typed this earlier. Don't recall the thought when I did. Putting it up.

Thanks for the share @hellfire and you are welcome.

We know that many things changed since the day of my post and today. The strategic shape is constantly changing depending upon the needs of hour and in long run for the betterment of region and nations herein.

The attempt to draw the distorted facts about Islam is only to manipulate the minds first and indeed it is the weakness of Muslims that cannot realize the real facts due to the lack of education and being drove away by so-called agents of Islam.

I called USSR as history that now it is Russia, for only that matter though it holds an important element for learning to many in this world. Afghan theater in a single line is like, Tareki, Amin and Babrak Kamal should have refrained themselves from enforcing the idea based upon secularism or opposing the customs of Jirga and Tribes in such complex, culturally highly rich, different ethnicity and beliefs, society.

Actually, what causes more damage, is non-certified ideology. The most part of population is not that educated or follows the persons that claims to be the scholar rather than seeking the knowledge through every mean and to verify the words of the scholar as per the norm and rules of Islam as well. Mostly, the ideology is accepted on face value or the house that people are sometimes linked otherwise Islam clearly states to verify the claims by anyone before believing in blindly.

In the war of Khandak (Ditch) Hazrat Ali (R.A) overpowered one of the enemy soldier after a fierce fight and knocked him down, as Hazrat Ali (R.A) raising the sword to kill him, the unbeliever spat on the bless face so Hazrat Ali (R.A) and Hazrat Ali (R.A) refrained from killing him. Being in shock and surprise, the enemy asked why done so then Hazrat Ali (R.A) said, I was fighting to kill you for ALLAH but as you spat and my personal anger aroused. If I had killed you, I would have slain you not for ALLAH's sake but for my own selfish reason and it would have been like killing you due to personal issue that I have no authority to do so but for ALLAH's sake only. Instead of striking him for own sake by Hazrat Ali (R.A), struck own passion for the sake of ALLAH.

From Prophet (S.A.W.W) to all (Four) the Caliphs, none ever practiced or preached any Islam, ever different than what ALLAH said and Prophet (S.A.W.W.) delivered and taught through his own actions and described in Hadith.

What I really hold back is pretty much the idea that you quoted in your post at the second last blue paragraph. The shift of diplomacy, the counters of blames, formation of bloc while most are getting silent specifically Pakistan centric discussion in Brics etc. I will re-post the same here and many would have idea what I am reserving for the moment.

"There are always narratives of the people up-to their own interests and same goes to the nations as well like yours Pakistan and India which cannot be overruled however, it is pertinent to mention that ones narrative becomes an evidence and fact at the time when strives hard and achieved it. On the same moment, it is not feasible to ignore the others narrative, as there is always 2 after 1 in serial so the one which lost in first place would be coming with more new ideas to overcome and counter any further achievements of the current winner. "

What I hold back is like, I am enjoying the developments really.

I think you have held back more than you have typed out. I see a fragment, a fleeting glimpse of an idea, but you pull back. But I think, broadly speaking, I am able to get what you have tried to pen here.

Some other day.

Pakistan Strategic Situation should now change, from terrorism and security only to providing Economic and Financial Trade route security, an example CPEC security etc.

Of Pakistan’s strategic position and progressing economy

Pakistan’s geostrategic location is a major attraction for developed economies to invest in for lucrative returns. The country is strategically located in the crossroads of Asia with China as its neighbour in the north, India in the east, and Iran and Afghanistan in the west.

The country lies in a region which has great political, economic and military importance. Being in the same vicinity as two major powers, China and Russia, adds to its position. Similarly, Pakistan has an access to the six Muslim central Asian states through Afghanistan. These states are landlocked and Pakistan can provide a link between the Gulf States as well as African, European and Central Asian countries. Its sea-route remains open throughout the year due to moderate temperatures.

Consequently, there are a series of Muslim countries from the Middle East to the African continent which are easily accessible from Pakistan. Thus, it connects almost all the Muslim countries of the world from the Atlantic Ocean to the Arabian Sea

Pakistan is the sixth most populous country in the world, with an estimated population of over 200 million at a growth rate of 2% and the median age in Pakistan is 22, thus making it a country filled with young people. However, this vast population is unevenly distributed, with almost a majority of the population living in rural areas. Over the past few years, many rural residents have been migrating to cities in search of better paying jobs. If the current pattern of urbanisation continues, the urban population of Pakistan will cross the figure of 122 million by 2030, which is 50% of its total population.

We have the potential to develop a transit economy on account of our strategic location. Consider landlocked Afghanistan, it is currently under a phase of reconstruction and is linked to the outside world mainly through Pakistan.

China, with the fastest economy growth rate of 9%, is developing southern provinces because its own port is 4,500 kilometres away from Xinjiang, but Gwadar is only 2,500 kilometres away. Moreover, Pakistan offers Central Asian regions the shortest route when compared with Iran’s 4,500 kilometres or Turkey’s 5,000 kilometres. The Gwadar port, with its deep waters, attracts trade ships from China, Central Asian Regions and South East Asian countries. Furthermore, the coastal belt of Balochistan can provide an outlet to China’s western provinces, in the sense that it will have access to Middle Eastern markets with the development of coastal highways and motorways.

Globally, Pakistan stands at 138 in the ranking of 189 economies on the basis of starting a business, dealing with construction permits, getting electricity, registering property, getting credit, protecting minority investors, paying taxes, trading across borders, enforcing contracts, and resolving insolvency.

China and Korea are both considering Pakistan for their respective economic ventures. The South Korean company, Hyundai is entering in a joint venture with Nishat Mills to assemble cars in Pakistan. Hyundai’s return will boost the government’s efforts to shake up the Japanese-dominated car market and loosen the grip of Toyota, Honda and Suzuki, who assemble cars in Pakistan with local partners.

The market structure of the automobile industry in Pakistan is concentrated. In economic terms, we could say it’s an oligopoly which is characterised by the imperfect competition in which the industry is dominated by a small number of suppliers. This is because the auto industry is highly capital-intensive and requires high investments, and the products are also expensive. Hence, the barriers for entry are high, resulting in the presence of a limited number of suppliers. Therefore, Hyundai’s entry will reap tremendous economic benefits.

Chinese companies are also interested in investing in the cement, steel, energy and textile sectors, the backbone of Pakistan’s $270 billion economy. According to analysts, the interest shows that Chinese firms are using Beijing’s “One Belt, One Road” project – a global trade network which Pakistan is an integral part of – to help expand abroad at a time when growth has slowed down at home.

Pakistan’s economic indicators show a constant progression and Pakistan’s economic progress has been recognised by the Asian Development Bank as well as the International Monetary Fund (IMF). However, there are certain political entities that are adamant to challenge the political stability of the country, without realising the negative repercussions for the economy.

Pakistan's strategic position has not changed for better or for worse in the last 8000 years if recorded history can be trusted with dates.
It hosts the cradle of civilisation. The Indus Valley civilisation.

A strategic shift by Pakistan will result in the New World Order.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom