What's new

Pakistan’s nuclear and defence sites safe after flooding

rumit

New Recruit

Reaction score

Any1 could comment this news

Pakistan's nuclear sites and military installations remained safe and free from danger during the worst of the flooding to hit the country, the military said Thursday.

"There is no danger to our defence and nuclear installations from flooding," military spokesman Major General Athar Abbas told AFP.

"All our nuclear and military installations have remained safe and there is no further danger from flooding," Abbas added.

Pakistan has a 325-megawatt Chinese-built nuclear power plant at Chashma, in south of Punjab province, and another being built on the left of the Indus river, which burst its banks.

Weather forecasters signalled that the monsoon systems may ease off after three weeks of torrential rains triggered the devastating floods that have left nearly 1,500 people dead in Pakistan's worst natural disaster.

The floods wiped out villages, farmland and infrastructure, and the UN aid coordination body OCHA said that more than 650,000 homeless families were still without basic shelter.

Pakistan's nuclear sites also remained safe after 7.6 magnitude earthquake in 2005 which killed more than 73,000 people.

Pakistan tested its nuclear device in May 1998, after South Asian rival India conducted its nuclear tests.

There have been concerns in the West about the safety of Pakistan's nuclear arsenal from Islamist extremists.

oh God!!

now there will be people saying that pakistani nukes have been flown all the way donw the river and straight into laps of talibans and they ae fir sure going to use it agiainst the most peace loving US!!

may Allah guide these fools!!

regards!

oh God!!

now there will be people saying that pakistani nukes have been flown all the way donw the river and straight into laps of talibans and they ae fir sure going to use it agiainst the most peace loving US!!

may Allah guide these fools!!

regards!

:lol: certain people would probably say that

When those military installations are built......are built keeping in mind all the disasters like Earth Quack and Floods and envoirnmental locations etc.
so nobody need to worry about them....

Eeven if there is a going on work on the construction of a new nuclear plant near Indus river, there is no concern to worry about bcz they calculate all the worse disasters which may occur during or after the start in work of the nuclear plant and take the appropriate security measures. It's same regarding our nuclear arsenal...beside everything nobody even U.S. didn't know where we have stocked our nuclear arsenal so they simply can't argue on this topic neither the international comunity.:coffee:

Lets not give out any pertinent info even if someone has it from reliable sources.

I've pointed out before that a "former high-level Bush Administration official" - perhaps Vice-President Cheney, from the vernacular used - claimed that, “If a Pakistani general is talking to you about nuclear issues, and his lips are moving, he's lying.” link I've suspected for some days now that Pakistan has no usable nukes at the moment, and this announcement would appear to confirm it, otherwise the general would have remained silent.

I've pointed out before that a "former high-level Bush Administration official" - perhaps Vice-President Cheney, from the vernacular used - claimed that, “If a Pakistani general is talking to you about nuclear issues, and his lips are moving, he's lying.” link I've suspected for some days now that Pakistan has no usable nukes at the moment, and this announcement would appear to confirm it, otherwise the general would have remained silent.

You are free to think as you want! :rolleyes:

I've suspected for some days now that Pakistan has no usable nukes at the moment, and this announcement would appear to confirm it, otherwise the general would have remained silent.

:rofl: Oh yes, we just dynamited the mountain back in 1998. All the missiles that we have inducted in ASFC (army strategic force command) are also only capable of delivering conventional warheads. I wonder why india was on the border for a year long picnic back in 2002. I wonder why india did not do any "surgical strikes" as they wanted to.

I also wonder how will you reply if i in another thread start quoting Seymour M. Hersh's book (the samson option) for commentary on israeli nuclear program.

The general is the military's spokesman (all the services).Its his job to comment on such things considering the fact that Pakistan is suffering from major flood devastation. How can you take that comment as a proof of non-availability of nukes?

@Rumit - Nukes are Pakistan's most prized possession. they would protect them with all their heart.

no dear,
our people, oour forces are our most prized possession.
our belief in God and non-offensive policy toward others is what we beleive to be our Power and it wil be these thinks and not the nukes that would protect us...:pakistan:

Inshallah..

regards!

NEWS: Pakistan kay nuclear pani may beh gaye aur pani may beh kar Taliban tak pohanch gaye hain ub taliban America par hamlay ke tyari kar rahay hain

LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

News India:
aj ke taza samachar..

abi abi itla aye ha ka Pakistani parmanu Hatyar Taliban Kasiyon ka haat lag gai han.
hum Amreca Bahadar sa benti karta han ka wo turant Pakistan pa hamla kar ka is khatarnal mulk ko nasht kar da....

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee:bunny:

:rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom