What's new

Pakistan’s First Metro Bus Test Drive in Lahore

263802_549883025024569_521919420_n.jpg

Quite a lot of things copied from Dubai Metro system.... Hope this will be managed properly and wouldn't end up like the Volvo bus fiasco back in the 80's.

in my view every step towards betterment of a common man is an achievement, be it in any sector /part of the world..So yeah its an achievement...

I agree with you. By the way how many buses will be plying on this route. Your next step is to bring the metro rail system which will bring down on your pollution problems. Since you have a dedicated route for buses, you can build a elevated metro rail system on the same route easily.

No offence , but the infrastructure looks cheap .. specially the metal works ..
I love the busses but the bust stops , look so flaky that they will fall apart in 3-4 years

The tiny fragile rods that used in the infrastructure , and weilded them together in Pakistani weather these will catch rust in 1-2 years these look really very questionable

No Usage of Concrete , No usage of Glasswork , No usage of Tiles and beautificaion ,
No Digital Boards to show arrival or departure of busses, the Ticket Machines look horrible
Instead of beautiful Machines , No Usage of Solar Pannels on Bus stations for Lights

Looks like a Project done in haste for Votes

Comparing it with

Seattle_Metro_Bus_Tunnel_Pioneer_Square_Station.jpg

Beijing.png

Yorkdale.jpg

paris_metro_ticket_machine_green.jpg

Also the bus seats looks very cheap and uncomfortable

The only plus point is that the buses are Extened long version of buses however the buse`s glass should not be paintedover that looks

TACKY ..I mean .. real ****** stuff...

My thoughts exactly its tacky, you compare this metro system to that of other countries and this one looks like a piece of sht. The ticket machine oh wow it didn't even have an LCD display on it, I personally think this project is a piece of sht, very cheap looking and will probably fall apart in years to come due to cheap construction materials.

I think it's a bad idea to put bus lanes in the center of the road that's just my personal opinion I don't think it looks good like that.

If you really need dedicated bus lanes these designs are better, they have the dedicated bus lanes to the right of the main driving lanes

NostrandSBS.jpg

Should have gone with light rail, in future develop subway system in Karachi.

^ I think the idea is to build a tram/light rail network at some point in the future, hence the lanes were built in the middle of the road.

Back
Top Bottom