What's new

Pakistan’s caste system: The untouchable's struggle

Sorry.. I never said that .. I said that in true form of caste system, the Profession determines the caste...

That's word play.

The caste system was designed to separate society into different professions predetermined at birth. Society needed a certain amount of priests, warriors, scholars, craftsmen, etc. etc. and the caste system ensured that all the roles would be filled.

Why we always mock each other on various serious issues caste, ethnic, religious violence, poor human rights situation, poverty etc when we all are suffering from the same problem

Why we always mock each other on various serious issues caste, ethnic, religious violence, poor human rights situation, poverty etc when we all are suffering from the same problem

Your OP did this. To hide Indian problems and issues. In Pakistan we know we are not incredible we know we don't shine and we don't lie and pretend. nor do we throw stones when we live in glass houses tell that to your op

Your OP did this. To hide Indian problems and issues. In Pakistan we know we are not incredible we know we don't shine and we don't lie and pretend. nor do we throw stones when we live in glass houses tell that to your op
You were the one who started posting this type of thread so the phrase of throwing stone applies to you

i hope Pakistanis sort out this problem

may be this problem is not on large scale as in India

Just more reason to stamp out the remaining "hinduness" out of our people.
Only once we let go of the ignorant ideas of our fore fathers can we truly be free.
Islam has shown us the light, but our people still cling to a few bad habits of old.
Hopefully if we can educate people and bring them into the modern world they will stop believing in such non sense.

Dude, If I had to hide Indian problems, I would have posted all this stuff in the thread about Caste system in India that YOU opened 3 days back, like you are doing in this thread.

I have created a separate thread to discuss a problem in Pakistan like you did for the similar issue in INdia..

You are a liar you opened this because you were burning because I pointed out to you that India has problems. This was your way of getting back it was not to discuss Pakistani dalits it cos you don't like what you see in the mirror and this thread allows you to think your problems don't exist or a are less than Pakistan's. Lets call an orange an orange and discrimination istitutionalised by your religion just that.

Caste is an evil in India and we do have some remnants of it in Pakistan that is it

You were the one who started posting this type of thread so the phrase of throwing stone applies to you

I pointed it out from a human rights perspective of the sufferings of hundreds of millions. Not a childish tit for tat or to hide the issues in Pakistan as this op is doing

Just more reason to stamp out the remaining "hinduness" out of our people.
Only once we let go of the ignorant ideas of our fore fathers can we truly be free.
Islam has shown us the light, but our people still cling to a few bad habits of old.
Hopefully if we can educate people and bring them into the modern world they will stop believing in such non sense.

Absolutely we must stamp out these evil remnants of Indian castes from our Pakistan

I must say this - individual posts by pakistanisage, antibody, and now rusty come as a breath of fresh air and signal what for me is a seismic shift in popular viewpoint and perception since I was last here many moons ago.

Before, nearly all Pakistanis came directly from Arab and/or Mughal lineage and bloodlines directly.

This was further extended in varying degrees down to Indian muslims depending on the mood and/or personal preference of the poster.

Or if not, somehow it was the Mohajirs and the Indian muslims who actually came from convert Hindu stock. No further.

As I said - a welcome change.

Ambedkar was critical of Islam and its practices in South Asia. While justifying the Partition of India, he condemned the practice of child marriage in Muslim society, as well as the mistreatment of women.

He said,

'' No words can adequately express the great and many evils of polygamy and concubinage, and especially as a source of misery to a Muslim woman. Take the caste system. Everybody infers that Islam must be free from slavery and caste.[While slavery existed], much of its support was derived from Islam and Islamic countries. While the prescriptions by the Prophet regarding the just and humane treatment of slaves contained in the Koran are praiseworthy, there is nothing whatever in Islam that lends support to the abolition of this curse. But if slavery has gone, caste among Musalmans [Muslims] has remained. ''

He wrote that Muslim society is "even more full of social evils than Hindu Society is" and criticized Muslims for sugarcoating their sectarian caste system with euphemisms like "brotherhood". He also criticized the discrimination against the Arzal classes among Muslims who were regarded as "degraded", as well as the oppression of women in Muslim society through the oppressive purdah system. He alleged that while Purdah was also practiced by Hindus, only among Muslims was it sanctioned by religion. He criticized their fanaticism regarding Islam on the grounds that their literalist interpretations of Islamic doctrine made their society very rigid and impermeable to change. He further wrote that Indian Muslims have failed to reform their society unlike Muslims in other countries like Turkey.

In a "communal malaise", both groups [Hindus and Muslims] ignore the urgent claims of social justice.

i didn't know it

thanks for info

I admire the willpower of this person. To still get his child educated despite the idea among the poorer classes the child should work... not take part in higher education.

Perhaps our literacy rate can reach 70% in the next few years if all people begin thinking like this.

I find it slightly hard to believe that caste system is rampant in Pakistan. From what I understand and from my interaction with many Pakistanis - I have never noticed them mention caste. I can see Pakistanis being discriminatory on basis of religious belief - Sunni- Shia - Ahmadiya and even ethnicity but not caste.

I have yet to meet (during my professional studies and now career) an Indian who openly talk about his cast and heritage, who mock/discriminate others on the basis of cast.

Only Pakistanis have their myths about Indian castism which they want keep afloat so that they can rant against us at whim. Also they play with words when people post article on Pakistani version of castism. Interestingly their justifications are like Hindus bigots. The main problem with Pakistan's so called low cast communities is that they have learnt to live with this discrimination. Their president calling Nawaj Shariff a 'Lohar' was a clear slur at him. May be every incompetent person is called as 'Lohar' in Pakistan.

Discrimination exists in every society even in most developed countries .. instead of ignoring it must be addressed... what i see here is people tend to start thread to degrade each other.. one should not throw stones @ others when they themselves are sitting in glass house.... Peace

Back
Top Bottom