What's new

Pakistan, Russia to hold joint war games

Pakistan decided to look at alternative sources to purchase the aircraft including from Jordan, with Turkey offering to modernise Pakistan’s existing fleet of fighters.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/pakistan-russia-to-hold-joint-war-games.448980/#ixzz4K6QF2cYi
If Pakistan has the money to 'modernize its air force, then how come it didn't have the money to buy just eight American F-16s at discounted rates from the US? There was a huge noise made about it with everyone seemingly cursing the US for not doling out these F-16s as freebies as Pakistan couldn't afford to buy them.

That said, who is going to finance the SU-35s which the Pakistanis have been eyeing and adding to their wish list? Each Su-35 is far more expensive that the F-16s. At $100 million a pop at today's prices, a squadron would cost a mind boggling $2 billion. Add to that life cycle costs, weapons/armament, infrastructure and so on, and the cost of inducting even a squadron would cost upwards of $3 billion, ie., Rs 30,000 crores PKR!

So let's get real. Seeing Pakistan external debt which has touched an alarming $72 billion in July this year which they have to pay back to international lending agencies sooner than later, this proposal for buying such aircraft will remain only on paper. Unless Russia gifts them in a summer sale with 50% off!! And that's impossible!

Now let the trolling begin.....:azn:

If Pakistan has the money to 'modernize its air force, then how come it didn't have the money to buy just eight American F-16s at discounted rates from the US? There was a huge noise made about it with everyone seemingly cursing the US for not doling out these F-16s as freebies as Pakistan couldn't afford to buy them..

If you, for once, had managed to pull your head out of your ***, you wouldn't have to ask the question.

If you, for once, had managed to pull your head out of your ***, you wouldn't have to ask the question.
So you always have your head in there? No wonder!

And only one troll so far? Jeeez! :cheesy:

Last edited:
If Pakistan has the money to 'modernize its air force, then how come it didn't have the money to buy just eight American F-16s at discounted rates from the US? There was a huge noise made about it with everyone seemingly cursing the US for not doling out these F-16s as freebies as Pakistan couldn't afford to buy them.

That said, who is going to finance the SU-35s which the Pakistanis have been eyeing and adding to their wish list? Each Su-35 is far more expensive that the F-16s. At $100 million a pop at today's prices, a squadron would cost a mind boggling $2 billion. Add to that life cycle costs, weapons/armament, infrastructure and so on, and the cost of inducting even a squadron would cost upwards of $3 billion, ie., Rs 30,000 crores PKR!

So let's get real. Seeing Pakistan external debt which has touched an alarming $72 billion in July this year which they have to pay back to international lending agencies sooner than later, this proposal for buying such aircraft will remain only on paper. Unless Russia gifts them in a summer sale with 50% off!! And that's impossible!

Now let the trolling begin.....:azn:

Russia could not afford to offer loans. Pakistan can offer wheat or some other economic goodies. But it will cost you

Stop pretending to be a smart *** because you end up making a fool out of yourself.

I dont have to pretend like one and if you thinks so ,most probably it would be you that acting like one.

Don't India and China have annual "war games"?

Whats the big deal? Tell me when Russia actually sells something of importance to Pakistan....like that one particular fighter platform @Zarvan keeps talking about is "just around the corner" :D

Several exercises have already been conducted between both navies,airforces (avidarts) and army..

And even joint SF ex.

Several exercises have already been conducted between both navies,airforces (avidarts) and army..

And even joint SF ex.

Right so exercises are just that....everyone does them with everyone else pretty much unless you are sworn enemies I guess. So Pakistan wont do them with India, Israel and maybe Bangladesh under Hasina. Everyone else is fair game....no issue there.

I am waiting for something of substance to come up between Russia and Pakistan. Many Pakistanis have been saying and feeling since India has been moving closer to the US, there has to be some reciprocal action with Russia to same magnitude.

So far I am not seeing it.

Guys, the thread is all about Russia and Pakistan's joint exercise. However, I see half of the comments coming from a third party.

What is this condition of a third party poking nose in others affairs called?

I dont have to pretend like one and if you thinks so ,most probably it would be you that acting like one.
Your comment above was someone pretending when he does not have a straight answer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom