What's new

Pakistan replacing analogue cable system to digital cable TV system

Finally this is great news. We will get to see High Definition HD, Ultra High Definition and hundreds of new channels in local cable system of Pakistan.

I heard the only issue is, a setup box only supplies one tv, while Pakistan housholds has 3-4 tvs in a house as common. Is there a way to link all tvs with a one expensive setup box?

You can purchase daughter boxes from the dealer for a fraction of a price.

Thus, it may be X + x/4 + x/5 ...

Do Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka already this?
Since 2015, don't know about BD or SL
India does have it,i am using Tata Sky since 2007.They even offer 4k set top boxes now.
It was made mandatory last year
Thats satellite DTH. I think it was launched in 2003. Have that since 2009, but got Digital Cable last year it was from Hathway now using DEN when Digital Cable was made mandatory here.

India does have it,i am using Tata Sky since 2007.They even offer 4k set top boxes now.
It was made mandatory last year
He he he, I got my full HD connection in Mumbai for only RS 2500.

Satellite based system is ideal for Pakistan , as cable system will clutter the lines , neighborhoods since the installation is not done professionally underground

Direct TV style solution is ideal with a Digital Receiver system
Subscription based

Minimum impact on Environment due to Wiring etc

Fibre Optics line should be handled by the Government & Major Telecommunication Companies with goal of 5-7 Years delivery. Private companies will only dig up streets and ruin the wiring for other stuff in ground or electrical cable

Money & Tax collection on Direct TV like system is easier vs Local cable operator as 1 Large Telecom company owns the Direct TV revenues

Respectable speeds are also possible on the Satellite System

You get Digital Output and some lovely Channel features like TV guide
hqdefault.jpg

Another feature is that since the broadcast comes from Satellite in Sky , it is not effected by Load Shedding , if you have power generator / solar energy saver system , you can keep updated on the news and entertainment even if the rest of city is down with no Electricity

1/2 Telecom companies could sell the Satellite & System directly to consumer , and customers can pay Monthly Subscription (Rental Fee) - Gov can collect Tax directly from 1/2 Large Telecom company , easy from Revenue generation

Just like Cell phone , the Digital feed can reach even the remote areas of Pakistan (Villages / Small Towns / Mountain Areas )

pandora4.png

Digital Dish is quite a small unit but with great performance
and you can record shows in Digital Quality for reviewing

hqdefault.jpg

This type of system is immediately usable all over Pakistan not just some cities becasue you are receiving data from Satellite

• Not 100% but I am 60-80% sure you can also watch Netflixs (International) with the internet access by Satellite (Same goods that people enjoy in US or world)

If a channel needs to be placed on Ban , PAMERA can just request 1 company and channel is banned Nation Wide till it gets clearance.
Only difficulty is when there is cloud, while system goes blank. And as you most of people know Mumbaikars are blessed with heavy rains, so most of the time it's out if service.:cry:

Do Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka already this?
Yes we have it since long, even local cable operators if analogue sjgnal have moved completely to digital setbox but with wired connection.

Since 2015, don't know about BD or SL

Thats satellite DTH. I think it was launched in 2003. Have that since 2009, but got Digital Cable last year it was from Hathway now using DEN when Digital Cable was made mandatory here.
All direct to home services are based on satellite only. We had it since more than a decade back. However in 2015 by the rule of Indian government remaining analogue cable operators were forced to adopt digital boxes for conversation/decoding of signals initially in metro cities then all over India. We have satellite and DTH services from much longer time than these system.

4K <3
Bought a 4k tv but still can't use it [emoji24]
Is satellite dish connection is allowed there in Pakistan, different from DTH satellite systems? Different from digital cable operators system.

All direct to home services are based on satellite only. We had it since more than a decade back. However in 2015 by the rule of Indian government remaining analogue cable operators were forced to adopt digital boxes for conversation/decoding of signals initially in metro cities then all over India. We have satellite and DTH services from much longer time than these system.
Hmm.

The Cable Operators Association of Pakistan (COAP) will replace analogue cable system to digital cable TV system by the end of 2016 across the country, starting with 12 major cities, at estimated cost of Rs 90 billion. Addressing a press conference, the representatives of COAP along with Absar Alam Chairman Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) said that the association has requested the government to declare cable operators as an industry and provide it tax holiday for importing the material required for digitization of the cable TV network.

With Digital Cable TV, consumers will be able to enjoy high-definition streams on their TVs. However, an additional Set top box — that will cost Rs. 5000 or around — will be needed to get digital cable TV. Here are the cities that will get digital cable transmission within a year:

Karachi
Lahore
Islamabad
Rawalpindi
Peshawar
Multan
Hyderabad
Quetta
Sukkur
Faisalabad
Hassan Abdal
Gujranwala
latest isnt necessarily greatest

There are loads of cheap tv box which Cast around 20 to 30 dollars with kodi already installed
Or can use amazon firestick loads of option

Em using shield as my tv box

yeah but we are talking about cable here, for those boxes you need high speed internet and most household in Pakistan dont have it

how much is average per month cable charge in Pakistan ?

Cable? None here - everything is either terrestrial or satellite; it went digital prior to 2010 world cup. In entire continent we dont have cable systems given the land mass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom