What's new

Pakistan refuses to revoke Adnan Sami’s nationality, Seeks Official Apology for disrespecting

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan refuses to revoke Adnan Sami’s nationality
By Zahid Gishkori
Published: November 11, 2015
989076-adnansamikhan-1447213586-873-640x480.JPG

Officials demand ‘unconditional apology’ for disrespecting green passport. PHOTOS: PUBLICITY

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has refused to confirm renunciation of nationality by its India-based singer Adnan Sami over his alleged disrespectful behaviour towards his national identity.

Authorities have refused to issue the “renunciation of citizenship certificate” to the famous singer in a move which can hurt his efforts to adopt the Indian nationality. The certificate is necessary for any Pakistani citizen who wants to adopt the citizenship of any other country.

2000.jpg

Officials dealing with his renunciation process said on Tuesday the refusal came after the singer threw away his nationality documents. “Why would we issue the certificate to a man who has no respect for ‘sacred’ documents,” a senior officer of the interior ministry told The Express Tribune.

“I don’t need the green passport anymore. I have found my home in India,” the official quoted a line from a letter, said to have been written by Sami, attached with his Pakistani passport posted to Pakistan’s High Commission in New Delhi. Officials said the Pakistani singer would now have to submit an unconditional apology for his behaviour and follow the correct procedure for getting the renunciation certificate.

Sami, 42, had approached the Indian home ministry for exemption from deportation on humanitarian grounds five months ago. India has allowed the singer to stay in the country for an indefinite period.

Meanwhile, more than 2,000 Pakistanis have renounced their citizenship this year alone. An estimated 3,400 cases of renunciation have been handled in the past five years, immigration officials recently told a parliamentary panel.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 11th, 2015.

Pakistan should issue NOC to Adnan sami and put ban on him to visit Pakistan ever lets see when Shiv Sanik kick his A@@ for eating beef. He will be dragged on roads of Mumbai one-day and Shiv Sanik would lynch him. i am waiting for that time.

Last edited:
This is silly move. So many Pakistanis change their nationality, Adnan Sami is no different. Such moves will only harm our reputation.

This reminded me of how I left my last company...
HR : Why do you want to leave ?
Me : Because I don't like it here any more goddamit!
I will see if you throw away resignation at his face then you could have kissed good bye to remuneration and even to your experience letter .Don't try to justify his silly acts above mentioned 2000 people have left there nationality all of them have there own good reasons but every one has to follow the Law of Land .

I will see if you throw away resignation at his face then you could have kissed good bye to remuneration and even to your experience letter .Don't try to justify his silly acts above mentioned 2000 people have left there nationality all of them have there own good reasons but every one has to follow the Law of Land .
Not refuting what you are saying. I am adding my POV here. If a person wants to leave, just let him go. Making it a PR case, will it help ? To what end ?

Along with fats he probably got his brains drained as well. No one give a crap about this fat fuckers nationality but if he disrespected the country he was raised in then we should hand him certificate without second thought.

the singer threw away his nationality documents
Well in foreign land you either become stateless or you go to jail as an illegal :whistle:

This is silly move. So many Pakistanis change their nationality, Adnan Sami is no different. Such moves will only harm our reputation.
Why did he throw away his documents? Was he above the law to be processed as a normal person?

This reminded me of how I left my last company...
HR : Why do you want to leave ?
Me : Because I don't like it here any more goddamit!
did you also throw your salary slip away? Or tried to take the sign board of your company? No well that is the problem here?

He can go wherever he wants....Do the paper work you lazy ***!

and follow the correct procedure for getting the renunciation certificate.
apparently he thinks he is above normal procedure! Well good luck trying to be a bitch in india I am sure there he doesnt jump the queue with his arrogance and does everything within the procedure to get new nationality!

did you also throw your salary slip away? Or tried to take the sign board of your company? No well that is the problem here?

Haha.. You are inspiring me.. taking the company sign board away. Now that will be fun!
I think I will create thread for people to share their experiences about how they quit their job and for what....

What will be your reasons ? "I quit, because non-Muslims work there!" :P

Did he actually throw a document at some consul officer

Back
Top Bottom