What's new

Pakistan Railways: News & Updates

Mega railway project: Pakistan to get easy access to China market
By Our Correspondent
Published: June 23, 2016
PCJCCI president assured them of complete support and assistance in implementation of the project. PHOTO: FILE

LAHORE: The Pakistan-China mega railway project will transform the country into a regional hub of economic development as it will provide easy access to the Chinese market and attract a large number of foreign investors, said Pak-China Joint Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCJCCI) President Shah Faisal Afridi.

Meeting a delegation of China Railway 17th Bureau Group Company Limited, which is involved in the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor’s (CPEC) railway projects, the PCJCCI president assured them of complete support and assistance in implementation of the project.

$8.2b railtrack upgrade project wins go-ahead

“The Government has decided to carry out the CPEC connectivity project on a priority basis. After the establishment of communication links, a large number of foreign investors will be attracted and Pakistan will get easy access to the Chinese market,” he said.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 23rd, 2016.

Economy Class of Pakistan Railways!

13508890_1454120294613432_4946068180701677641_n.jpg

13557792_1454120337946761_8751209555003945499_n.jpg

13516618_1454120394613422_3374264631297286465_n.jpg

13512154_1454120437946751_8811877596088312351_n.jpg

_

under the modernisation plan,this will be the standard economy class configuration on all trains..

1103602114-1.gif

Trial trains runs at 150KM have been successful (30KM more than previous sanctioned top speed of 120KM). Work is in progress on many sections for two way tracks between Karachi and Peshawar while a new track is being laid between Khanpur and Lodhran. After the completion of this, a new track will be laid between Khanpur and Liaquatpur. The authorities have also suggested to reduce the travel time between Lahore and Karachi to 10 hours (Now 16-18 hours) in next railways program.

Railways are the most economic, least pollutant and the most convenient way to transport goods & passengers between the cities & the localities within the city all over the world. In UK & in Europe most people travel by trains to their work place and in Holland I have seen children going to school by trains. Excluding air travel it is also the quickest. I don’t think Mumbai would be Mumbai if it were not for its extensive train network.

I have grown up travelling by trains am still nostalgic about it. Our family usually travelled second class but the trains were mostly on time and stations clean & well managed. Rail cars between Lahore & Okara and Lahore & Sialkot were particularly convenient and as kids we enjoyed these journeys immensely.

We don’t really need 150 Km per hour trains. 120 Km per hour is fine as long as trains are reliable, inexpensive and run on time. If Khawaja Saad Rafiq manages to make all of this possible; he would have rendered great service to the nation. I look forward to reliving my youth and travel to Sargodha from Lahore by train, next time I go to Pakistan.

Last edited:
Railways to complete Sibi-Khost section in 18 months

railways-to-complete-sibi-khost-section-in-18-months-74356101a3ecf526b526677329b8ee00.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Railways has started the construction work to restore Sibi-Khost section at a cost of an approximately Rs 2 billion and scheduled to be completed within a period of 18 months.

The project is being executed in collaboration with the National Logistic Cell (NLC), official sources in the Ministry of Railways told APP. In this regard, Pakistan Railways had already made a payment of Rs 130 million through a cheque to NLC as a first installment of the contract, they added.

Sibi-Harnai-Khost section of the Pakistan Railways along with eight bridges was destroyed by extremists resulting non-availablity of the suitable transpotation way to people of the area. The sources said that transportation at Sibi-Khost section had been suspended for the last ten years.

With the restoration of the section, they said that people of the areas will not only be facilitated by passengers and freight trains operation but also improve the economic condition of the areas. They said that the section was consisted of eight railway stations in the area and length of the section was around 133 kilometers.

Pakistan Railways on Saturday signed an agreement with an American company for acquisition of 55 diesel locomotive engines worth Rs 27.5 billion rupees.

Federal minister Khawaja Saad Rafique said that 70% of the engines will be used to transport coals to power plants in Sahiwal and Jamshoro in the province of Sindh, reported Dunya News.

The agreement was signed with General Electric (GE) at the Railway headquarters here. The world renowned American company will start supplying engines in 16 months, the minister said.

Addressing a press conference, the Railways Minister who oversaw signing of the agreement said that it was a historic day for Pakistan Railways as it was procuring locomotives of 4,000 to 4,500 horse power capacities from a company whose export profile was good.

These locomotives he said remained operational more than their age and would return the investments in three years, and added that older ones are being modified to run on electricity.

Saad Rafique said that out of the 55 completely built up (CBUs) locomotives, 40 would be used for Sahiwal Coal Power project, and for Bahawalpur project while the remaining would also be used for freight purposes, reported Samaa TV.

Khawaja Saad Rafique also pointed out that Pakistan Railways required at least 1,000 locomotives and $12 billion to transform it into a best train service.

Pakistan Railways was also focusing on manufacturing locomotives in Pakistan and for the purpose it would reach an agreement with a company offering best transfer of technology (TOT) model at Rasalpur factory, the minister added.

0da6f6841370da68889f6f15322964ac.jpg

cede4f144df981cf35ba124379450de5.jpg

Good keep on, I want a that we reach level where awam (folk) and train ek banagi ! Inshallah !

abcf054e93b7e9b8f44115077089e035.jpg

That is not number in a row, this number depends on length of couch.
I think I should ask what number of fans in a column?
Two or three or four?

2 Fans.
one in the compartment side and the other on the hall.

2 Fans.
one in the compartment side and the other on the hall.
Are they enough for broad gauge trains?
I mean if you are building at least 5 crore Rupees couch then why can't you make number of fans adequate also provide charging facility in couch which also don't have much operating & maintenance costs.

Are they enough for broad gauge trains?
I mean if you are building at least 5 crore Rupees couch then why can't you make number of fans adequate also provide charging facility in couch which also don't have much operating & maintenance costs.

Theyre enough.
Plus the charging plugs and buttons are at the bottom of that table in the comparment. :D

Back
Top Bottom