What's new

Pakistan Railways launches e-ticketing service

stop the BS.
Railway is on right track. (pun not intended)
Which track ?? :lol:
They suffer corruption of getting worse engines from China
Accidents are offen Happen dew to unskilled employees
Stillhours late !
Now maintenance and upgradation
So is it u called right on track
Bs??:enjoy:

Railway have made some good progress. It is easier considering the ruins the PPP administration left railway in, there was no way down from there but still credit where it is due. Railway is improving and is almost at the same level with what you can call as that better time of Sheikh Rashid. Some good investment in freight cars and some quality decision making that will see the Risalpur factory for locomotive working in full swing once again is what will really take it even further. Hope it happens soon now.
Yea but still alot to go
They bought used engines that aren't working ryt
Timing , maintenance,skill workers still required to tackle the issues

Which track ?? :lol:
They suffer corruption of getting worse engines from China
Accidents are offen Happen dew to unskilled employees
Stillhours late !
Now maintenance and upgradation
So is it u called right on track
Bs??:enjoy:
I am no fan of Noora. And member of Imran khan party.But I also travelled from Lahore to Rawalpindi and to Karachi on this vacations when I visited Pakistan. But I am pretty much satisfied with the services they provide. The train went on time. And as well as great cabins. I simply loved it.

Which route? My family used the Lahore to Jhelum train last year and were happy. Also have relatives who use the Karachi Lahore train every few weeks (although they complain that it takes too long).
Short routs are OK in most time but suffer in sindh ,

Short routs are OK in most time but suffer in sindh ,
Dude I am pretty sure Karachi lies in sindh haha . And the non stop train goes without any issues.
Next year inshallah i will travel to Baluchistan. I really wanna check what type of services are provided to that route

I am no fan of Noora. And member of Imran khan party.But I also travelled from Lahore to Rawalpindi and to Karachi on this vacations when I visited Pakistan. But I am pretty much satisfied with the services they provide. The train went on time. And as well as great cabins. I simply loved it.

Dude I am pretty sure Karachi lies in sindh haha . And the non stop train goes without any issues.
Next year inshallah i will travel to Baluchistan. I really wanna check what type of services are provided to that route
Ok I will travel too in that non stop train

You know much better then me Mubahir Luqman has special type of love for Zardari and Nawaz Shareef . But ground realities are i am really impressed by those services. Much better then previously operated by bashir baloor of ANP who wanted to sell the railway .

Yes do that you will feel different type of experience. Then we used to have in PPP era

I have just checked as I need to make travel arrangements for Lahore soon IN SHA ALLAH. It and it still says the same thing that it said for green line from Lahore to Pindi only. You might want to conform here:

https://www.pakrail.gov.pk/SeatAvailability.aspx

WOW Indians had Internet services back then ?
  • In 1982, Indian Railways (IR) set up a central organization (COFOIS) to computerise freight operations.
  • Till 1985, All tickets were issued manually and Stand-alone Computerized ticketing and reservation was introduced in multiple phases
    • In 1985 as pilot project at New Delhi
    • In June 1987 at Bombay
    • In July 1987 at Chennai
    • In Oct 1987 at Kolkata
    • In July 1989 at Secunderabad
  • In 1986 the Ministry of Railways established CRIS, an umbrella organisation for all information technology-related activities on Indian Railways merging COFOIS.
  • In 1989, the train numbers were standardised to four digits Universal numbering.
  • In 1990, First Self-Printing Ticket Machine (SPTM) was introduced, at New Delhi.
  • In 1990, CONCERT (Country-wide Network for Computerized Enhanced Reservation & Ticketing) developed by CRIS is a total networking solution to Indian Railways Passenger Reservation System.
  • In 1993, AC 3-tier coaches & Sleeper class are introduced apart from second class.
main-qimg-08f3df110382ab445230e5060d6c6ad1-c

• The CONCERT software has been successfully implemented at all of the five PRS' sites
    • Secunderabad in Sept. 1994
    • New Delhi in Sept. 1996
    • Calcutta 14th June 1998
    • Mumbai on 11th Jan 1999
    • Chennai on 12th April 1999
This complete network became operational on 18th April 1999. The CONCERT was developed using client-server model for distributed computing is a total solution to the networking of the PRSs. All the five sites have been internet-worked over a 64 kbps line using routers, on leased communication line connections from Department of Telecom (DOT).
  • In 1998, Coupon Validating Machines (CVMs) introduced at Mumbai CST.
  • In 1999, Credit cards accepted for booking tickets and reservations in some stations (including Mumbai CST).
  • In February 2000, Indian Railways web site was deployed.
  • In 2001, IVRS ('Interactive Voice Response System') for telephonic enquiries about trains introduced in some stations.
  • On 03 Aug 2002, Indian Railways begins online train reservations and ticketing over the Internet.
  • On 01 Dec 2002, Internet ticket booking extended to more cities.
  • On 12 Aug 2005, IRCTC introduces E-ticketing for IR.
  • On 26 Aug 2005, ticketing by SMS begins from IRCTC.
main-qimg-cbd726bc5ced9529371dabd3e78695c3-c

Sources:
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-history-of-the-Indian-Railways-Reservation-System
http://www.irfca.org/index.html

You know much better then me Mubahir Luqman has special type of love for Zardari and Nawaz Shareef . But ground realities are i am really impressed by those services. Much better then previously operated by bashir baloor of ANP who wanted to sell the railway .

Yes do that you will feel different type of experience. Then we used to have in PPP era
I guess this X2 guy never travelled through train in Zardari's era. Even trains were about to get extinit.

such an important step towards good rail service! E-ticket system for railway will provide greater convenience and pricing transparency for all citizens. It should also reduce transaction cost and discourage scalpers (with other measures of course). Other service sectors will follow rapidly once online booking gains the confidence in the society. no doubt it will lead to more e-commerce in the economy down the track.:yahoo:

Yea but still alot to go
They bought used engines that aren't working ryt
Timing , maintenance,skill workers still required to tackle the issues
Well there is no argument on that, there always is room for improvement and railway is no different. I am just saying that comparatively, it is one department that have done well. We are now producing EXCELLENT passenger cars and i hope we do get that locomotive factory running properly again. Surely there are many areas that can be and must be improved further gradually.

That's a great step to ease the travel booking for people. Bit late to start but every good thing needs a start.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom