What's new

Pakistan-Qatar Sign Defence Cooperation MOU

sparklingway

Reaction score
Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC), General Tariq Majid who is on two days official visit to Qatar met Chief of Staff Qatar Armed Forces General Hamad Bin Ali Al Attiyah, Commander Qatari Amiri Guards General Hazza Khalil Al Shahwani, Service Chiefs of Qatar Armed Forces, H.E Sheikh Abdullah Bin Nasser Al Thani, Minister for Security and Interior Affairs, and signed two Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) on Defence Cooperation with Qatar Armed Forces and Deputation of Personnel with Qatari Amiri Guards respectively.

On arrival at Doha Airport, General Tariq was received personally by Commander Qatar Armed Forces. Appreciating the dynamic rule of HH Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani, which has brought impressive progress to Qatar, General Tariq during the meetings said that proactive mediation diplomacy of Qatar in striving for resolution of political crises in Lebanon, Yemen and Darfur issues is an important contribution towards reduction of tensions and promotion of peace in the region. He further stated that Qatar and Pakistan occupy strategically pivotal locations and being the extended neighbourhood, their security narratives are intertwined. Qatar with its immense gas and oil potential, one of the fast growing economies in the world and increasing developmental needs, while Pakistan with growing energy needs, diverse trade potential, investment opportunities and large skilled/ semi skilled human resource base, can combine their strengths to develop mutually helpful relationship to the advantage of both the countries. While underlining the need for more regular consultations on defence and security issues especially counter terrorism, counter narcotics and maritime security cooperation, CJCSC also offered increase in training, technical manpower and military hardware support to Qatar Armed Forces, Emiri Guards and security enforcement agencies. He also invited investments and proposed joint ventures in defence industrial sectors.

Qatari Military Commanders extended exceptional hospitality to the visiting Pakistani delegation and expressed keen desire in expansion and diversification of defence cooperation indicating that a team of defence officials will shortly visit Pakistan to discuss specific areas of interest and modalities for future collaboration.

A formal dinner was also hosted by the Commander of Qatar Armed Forces, General Hamad Bin Attiyah in the honour of General Tariq Majid and his delegation which was also attended by the Minister for Security and Interior Affairs, Ambassador of Pakistan to Qatar and other senior military and civil officials.

------------------

Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, General Tariq Majid meeting with Chief of Staff Qatar Armed Forces General Hamad Bin Ali Al Attiyah during his visit to Qatar. (2-7-2010) – Photo ISPR

Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, General Tariq Majid meeting with H.E Sheikh Abdullah Bin Nasser Al Thani, Minister for Security and Interior Affairs during his visit to Qatar. (2-7-2010) – Photo ISPR

2036.jpg

Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, General Tariq Majid and Chief of Staff Qatar Armed Forces General Hamad Bin Ali Al Attiyah signing Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) on Defence Cooperation with Qatar Armed Forces and Deputation of Personnel with Qatari Amiri Guards respectively during his visit to Qatar. (2-7-2010) – Photo ISPR​

I think its a step in the right direction. Pakistan should be looking more towards Muslim and developing countries in terms of political and military cooperation. Our engagement will help in making Pakistan more attractive for investment both in civil and military spheres

Are they here to buy weapons like army rifiles, APCs, Al-Khalid-II Tanks and may be some things more... And they could also buy Anza Mk-III, H-2 & H-4 Stand-off Missiles and may be BAbur cruise missile and RAA'D Cruise Missiles and may be some 30 JF-17s dual seater as Advanced jet trainers and may be super Mushak.

Are they here to buy weapons like army rifiles, APCs, Al-Khalid-II Tanks and may be some things more... And they could also buy Anza Mk-III, H-2 & H-4 Stand-off Missiles and may be BAbur cruise missile and RAA'D Cruise Missiles and may be some 30 JF-17s dual seater as Advanced jet trainers and may be super Mushak.

We dont have AK2 ourselves yet how can we sell these to Qatar. Also Babur is cruise missile with range more than 300 KM so we cannot sell Babur as well. Anza might have a chance...

We dont have AK2 ourselves yet how can we sell these to Qatar. Also Babur is cruise missile with range more than 300 KM so we cannot sell Babur as well. Anza might have a chance...

AK-II is under development... maybe AK or AK-I(New upgraded version) or APCs saad,talha,etc,qaswa armoured vehicle ... etc
H-2 & H-4 Stand-off Missiles ,JF-17,K-8 advanced trainers,Al silsil MRAPs etc maybe on table...

I think Al-Khalid-II will be on their wish list and they might have shown interest in it and they might have signed a MOU with MOD for future purchase. And i know that AK-II is under development. And i think they might going to sell once the negotiation have been completed on the non-TOT of Babur & Raad cruise missiles as well as H-2 & H-4 then it will be sold to many MUSLIM countries.

are we playing some guess games,,,??

i havent seen so many "may-be" in one post :lol:

friends it is good to be optimistic but better not fool ourselves.

all this will yeild may be some training cooperation or some joint exercises!

let us sort his out:

we cannot sell Babur,
Anza is not that much of an attraction for anyone,
AK-II is not developed as yet.
for AK-I, HIT is commited to meet army need as first priority. PA had to upgrade ols fleet of T-59 to Al-Zarar Stauts just because it will take some time to get sizeable force of Alkhalid'z. i do not want to disgrace the AlZarar but to say the truth they are here only as long as we dont manage a good number of Al-Khalid tanks. when acheived, PA will move forwaard to AK-II and Al-Zarar will be gradually phased out.

i hope this heps out.

regards!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom