What's new

PAKISTAN: Pak censor gets tough on Indian films

I think Indian movies are fine for release in Pakistan but all the crap that shows up with portraying Pakistanis as terrorists should not be released in here as it may cause a negative backlash.

Heh...well...you can censor those, can't you!

Even in Hollywood films, the bad guy is Russian or Chinese or N.Korean. I guess people should be mature to understand that its just a film.

the worst movie of the century is LOC....most horrieble and racist movie..@ asim
art movies are no gay selection.....lolzz..its only movies where their is no pakistan and unnecessary sex and violence....

Its a really bad movie. We definitely agree on that.

But racist? India cannot make a racist movie dude. There will be solid hungama all over.

Dude the thing any movie showing Pakistan as an enemy is a super hit in India. It just speaks volumes to the sensible Pakistani viewer about the underlying intent behind Bollywood with Pakistan.

Why shouldn't we be tough with an enemy itching to get noticed? The industry is either with us or against us.

By contrast Pakistani singers goto India and have even modified super nationalistic Pakistani songs of Dil Dil Pakistan to Dil dil Pakistan, Jaan jaan Hindustan. People generally don't prefer to be nice to bad people u know... Feroz Khan who was here, you all know how he behaved. There's a serious question mark upon your industry about what it's real intentions are.

Really the skin is not the issue here. Since Pakistani TV's like Geo and ARY regularly show people in skimpy two pieces and most Pakistani models pretty much wear the same clothes. Maybe theres still a difference at least with the amount of tasteless sex scenes within the Indian movies (where people do it with still some clothes on :P) but a small scene can be clipped off, not the entire movie.

Dude the thing any movie showing Pakistan as an enemy is a super hit in India. It just speaks volumes to the sensible Pakistani viewer about the underlying intent behind Bollywood with Pakistan.

LOC was a flop I believe. I guess the last successful war movie was lakshya, which showed both sides with equal sensitivity.

Why shouldn't we be tough with an enemy itching to get noticed? The industry is either with us or against us.

Huh? The industry doesn't have any affiliations dude. its the audience that makes the movies.
Indians won't try and sell movies in Pakistan which show them as terrorists.
You can call thay hypocritical or whatever, but after all, its just a movie.

By contrast Pakistani singers goto India and have even modified super nationalistic Pakistani songs of Dil Dil Pakistan to Dil dil Pakistan, Jaan jaan Hindustan. People generally don't prefer to be nice to bad people u know... Feroz Khan who was here, you all know how he behaved. There's a serious question mark upon your industry about what it's real intentions are.

I really don't know what feroz khan did...but he definitely doesn't represent all of indian movie industry.
Richard Gere did obscene things with shilpa shetty in india. Doesn't make all of hollywood evil.

Really the skin is not the issue here. Since Pakistani TV's like Geo and ARY regularly show people in skimpy two pieces and most Pakistani models pretty much wear the same clothes. Maybe theres still a difference at least with the amount of tasteless sex scenes within the Indian movies (where people do it with still some clothes on :P) but a small scene can be clipped off, not the entire movie.

Most Indian movies are crap. They are tasteless junk made for the masses.

However, every now and then, a real gem comes along, like Lagaan, RDB, DCH, Black, Swades, Guru, Munnabhai, Khosla ka Ghosla, etc etc.

TODAY"S MOVIE RECOMMENDATION: CHAK DE INDIA!

If you ain't seen it, you ain't seen nothing.

Only one of those girls is hot (the one on the right).

Indian movies make me cry at how bad they are. They are as far away from reality as pluto is from earth.

However, I do not believe in censorship, that accomplishes nothing. Plus censorship restricts commerce and it's a slippery slope today you censor dancing tomorrow you will censor dissident speech.

Let people waste their lives watching the Bollywood drivel if they want.

The girls in the movie aren't supposed to be hot. This movie quite different from regular bollywood junk.

Hence my support.

I was simply commenting, I didn't say that in a condesending tone. From the poster, it looks like a chick flick. And I only watch those if I have to (if you know what I mean) and the girls in it better be hot in that case :lol:

I can't understand why the Indians here have a problem in Pakistan banning Indian movies. Let them do whatever they want.How does it affect us?Its not as if the Indian film industry is gonna shut down because of it?(Though that might not be such a bad thing...)I hate most Bollywood films because they are unrealistic, larger than life and very few "actors" know how to act.Bollywood typically churns out just 2-3 good movies in a year.Rest is mostly junk.Pakistan banning or allowing Indian films makes no difference.The actors and directors earn obscenely high amounts of money for copying hollywood anyway.If they don't earn anything in Pakistan..Yeah I' happy!

I can't understand why the Indians here have a problem in Pakistan banning Indian movies. Let them do whatever they want.How does it affect us?Its not as if the Indian film industry is gonna shut down because of it?(Though that might not be such a bad thing...)I hate most Bollywood films because they are unrealistic, larger than life and very few "actors" know how to act.Bollywood typically churns out just 2-3 good movies in a year.Rest is mostly junk.Pakistan banning or allowing Indian films makes no difference.The actors and directors earn obscenely high amounts of money for copying hollywood anyway.If they don't earn anything in Pakistan..Yeah I' happy!

I would have to disagree with that. Bollywood films do one very important thing. They bind the country together.
Even those 2-3 good movies are worth it, if they can create a sense of unity among the people.

Apart from that, bollywood movies are excellent PR. They indicate a healthy economy and freedom of creativity and speech, and help to spread goodwill towards India internationally.

Yeah. I don't really care about Pak banning 'em..they watch illegally anyways!!

Anyhow, most conventional storylines have been already done by holywood in some form or the other.
Until bollywood can catch up with Hollywood, they will copy. Its inevitable.

I'd go for the bad *** one dead center (bandanna) and the ashwarya rai lookalike behind her.

Lol hope they are all above 18... :D

Usual suspicion and victimisation feeling, when will you gusy get over it.

Geez its hard to get over it when its the still prevailing truth.

Well one thing is that Bolly movies are on the decline in Pakistan which is good news. The latest Dawn survey shows the majority [even though it is slight] of Pakistani folk don’t want to watch them. I guess our own entertainment industry has grown well which has acted as counter balance and Pakistani’s are sick to the teeth with the anti Pakistan crap you see in their “movies”. Most of their bukwass tries to emulate Hollywood in a bad way. :cheesy:

Back
Top Bottom