What's new

Pakistan overturns sentence of doctor who helped find bin Laden

He knew he was working for Americans who wanted blood samples from a very specific house, and he was paid Rs. 5.3 million for it.

Dr Afridi sought asylum in US: Investigators – The Express Tribune

If you read that story, all it says is that there was a Hep-B vaccination drive, to be completed in three phases within 6 months. The Bilal Town area, where OBL lived, was included in the vaccination drive. Dr. Afridi was asked to bring empty vials and kits back to Islamabad after completing the campaign, and he was paid the money for the entire campaign, which included areas of Bagh, Muzaffarabad, Mansehra and Abbottabad.

How does that translate into knowingly working for the CIA? He was simply an unwitting pawn, who had no idea of what was really happening.

How does that translate into knowingly working for the CIA? He was simply an unwitting pawn, who had no idea of what was really happening.

Is it normal to return used Hep-B vaccination kits to Americans and be paid Rs. 5.3 million for it?

There is no doubt he knew who he was working for, although he may not have made the connection with OBL.

Is it normal to return used vaccination kits to Americans and be paid Rs. 5.3 million for it?

There is no doubt he knew who he was working for, although he may not have made the connection with OBL.

The 5.3 million paid for a vaccination drive over a large area with many hundreds of thousands households. USA and other international agencies were, and are, running several public health programs in the area and indeed in the country, including vaccination drives. Working for "Americans" was, and is, no crime. And routine process returns vaccinations kits for auditing used and unused portions of supplies.

Working for a foreign agency such as CIA is clearly a crime, but it is simply not proven that Dr. Afridi knew what he was doing. That is typical of CIA covert programs, in that the field pawn simply is unaware of the wider picture. Same is the case here, and it would be a mistake on our part to hold solely him accountable for the failures that lie elsewhere.

traitors ????:undecided: , so giving information of a dreaded terrorists is an act of treason in pakistan now days ? with people like you in its territory, Pakistan dont need any enemy, no wonder pakistan is in very deep $h i t these days.

Kid , giving information to whom and for what reason ? The definition of treason is very clear in every country in the world . Maybe , you should learn about it now before making nonsensical and emotional comments .

I hate NS and CJ pretty damn much, but who ever responsible to set Dr.Afridi free, my salute to him.....he helped to assassinate world's #1 terrorist and i am down with that...

Kid , giving information to whom and for what reason ? The definition of treason is very clear in every country in the world . Maybe , you should learn about it now before making nonsensical and emotional comments .

first of all, how old are u ?? I have not said any thing emotional or nonsensical for a sensible person, grand old man ! traitor is a very simple word in my opinion. any one who acted against pakistan or its interests is a traitor for pakistan. in this case treason can be established when it is accepted that OBL was either a friend of pkistan or was securing pakistan's interests. ther is no other way to put it around.

first of all, how old are u ?? I have not said any thing emotional or nonsensical for a sensible person, grand old man ! traitor is a very simple word in my opinion. any one who acted against pakistan or its interests is a traitor for pakistan. in this case treason can be established when it is accepted that OBL was either a friend of pkistan or was securing pakistan's interests. ther is no other way to put it around.

First of all , if you aren't even aware of the concept of treason then there's no point making a comment on it . Simple .

Helping , catching a wanted criminal of course is no crime , its much appreciated . On the other hand , the question is who exactly was provided that information to capture the terrorist ? The country's secret services or law enforcement or that of a foreign country for personal interests * unless sanctioned by the state itself ?

Leaving the state's interests for a second here . Assuming that a Chechen rebel is spotted in Mumbai by an Indian citizen but reported to FSB instead of RAW and Police , who then hunt him down , what do you think happens to the person who reported to FSB for monetary and other benefits in India ? Gets a Pravam Vir Chakra ? :azn:

This government is seemingly going to play a Raymond davis 2.0 on the nation. This person should be hanged.

He should have a trial in courts and he should be charged will endangering and compromising polio program and aiding a foriegn spy agency, a grave risk to the national security and should be termed as a traitor and should be hanged or jailed for life.

There's a lot of hogwash out there about Dr. A. I see it's still circulating here, too. How many of you have actually read the Abbottabad Report concerning him?

Back
Top Bottom