What's new

Pakistan Offers JF-17 to Serbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asalam u alaikum

Dear all senior members,
I don't want to ruin the celebration of a possible new customer for JF -17 Thunder.
But since i have saw this news, i recall my memory back to 1992 muslim massacre in Bosnia by these Serbs. And then 1999 again a bloody conflict against the ethnic Albanian muslims of Kosovo.

So arming a nation, who had bad track record against the muslims.... Is it good or strategic mistake for future of the balkan muslims. Because in last few years Serbia is quickly recovering from its economic downfall. And still they have not recognize the muslim state of Kosovo. So future conflict possible any time in a decade.
So in future they might use these jets against small muslim independent state of Kosovo and might be also against the Bosnia and Albania.
Thanks to all my seniors on this forum.
( And i am also a Pakistani.)

People have short memories, and everything has a price, even the mythical "ummah".

I am only talking about a possible future conflict by these Serbs against three of its weak muslim neighbor countries.muslim of balkan have a weak position in the region.

So, If we can't make them stronger , then we also avoid to arm their enemy. That's my personal opinion, you can avoid it.
Because it a corporate world , now people and govts are only thinking about their profits so Pakistan can also adopt this way of thinking.
Even in conflict meantime against the Kosovo, Serbs gets the Chinese moral support.
So chinese has to do nothing with muslim sentiment against the Myanmar or Serbia. They only look at their business. Thanks.
People have short memories, and everything has a price, even the mythical "ummah".

I hear that the JF-17 Block 3 is just 30 million US dollars per plane?

If this is correct then it offers the best bang for the buck out of any light fighter out there.
Its been offered to Argentina at 50-55 million a piece.

Beware of indian made defence products:

Why you bring india in this thread brother, don't bring india in this thread they will come ànd ruin/troll this thread

No.

EFT will dominate the JF-17 with its powerful engines, canard-delta engines and ability to carry 14 Meteor missiles in "Beast Mode"

Against Gripen E, the JF-17 Block 3 should be competitive.
EFT is a fighter of a different class. More close to a 5gen f35. But then for a price of 1 EFT, one can buy close to 3 jf-17 block 3. Armed with 12 sd-10s on dual racks or 6pl-15s + 6 wvr missiles, drop tanks and ECM pods per aircraft. For small countries and airforce jf-17 is a real deal, also wont hurt their pockets much like EFT etc.

On a strategic level, helping other countries in building up their Air Force can be a huge boost for Pakistan on the international front. Yes we have a long long way to go but just the mere fact that we are now primary providers of Air Force equipment/weopons pushes our international standing higher. It also lifts us out of the psychological barrier that we as a third world country can't develop state-of-the-art systems at par with the west.

Such sales will be another reason for us to nudge our R&D along. And God knows we need to invest in it more seriously. We can't seem to get past the running all military grade R&D under public sector though. Until private sector props up, we aren't going to make a lot of progress

On a strategic level, helping other countries in building up their Air Force can be a huge boost for Pakistan on the international front. Yes we have a long long way to go but just the mere fact that we are now primary providers of Air Force equipment/weopons pushes our international standing higher. It also lifts us out of the psychological barrier that we as a third world country can't develop state-of-the-art systems at par with the west.

Such sales will be another reason for us to nudge our R&D along. And God knows we need to invest in it more seriously. We can't seem to get past the running all military grade R&D under public sector though. Until private sector props up, we aren't going to make a lot of progress

We need to encourage members of the Pakistani public who have a natural burning passion for Aeronautics, Science and Technology to excel and possibly pioneer in those fields.

Not every air force is going to induct 5th and 6th gen fighters. Many air forces cannot even afford them and operate them. That leaves 4th and 4.5th gen fighters. In this category I would say the JF-17 Block 3 is hands down most competitive. The price performance is unbeatable. The Western alternatives are often more costly and prone to sanctions for developing nations.

Even if some countries induct 5th/6th gen fighter, it would be in limited numbers and would still require an affordable workhorse.
Where is ummah ? Those same serbians who massacred bosnians ?

We helped and will help bosnians again too, if required. If anything, being a weapons supplier gives us more sway over serbia.
Major weapons suppliers usually sell to parties that are at conflict with each other, yet i never hear anyone raise a finger at them but when a country like Pakistan is making progress in selling weapons, suddenly the likes of u pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom