What's new

Pakistan oblivious to India rapidly developing lethal A.I weapons & militarizing space: experts

Akatosh

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Pakistan oblivious to India rapidly developing lethal A.I weapons & militarizing space: experts
Ahsan ZafeerWritten by Ahsan ZafeerMay 29 · 1 min read
51236_nukeeeeee_1551964351734.jpg

Senior Pakistani officials have expressed grave concerns regarding India’s rapid militarization of space and the addition of A.I based advanced warfare capabilities, such as lethal autonomous weapons and cyber warfare, on its arsenal. They have stressed that Pakistan could not remain oblivious to these developments since they pose a substantial threat to its national security. Pakistan has largely failed to match India’s technological advancement and space domination.
ASAT-1.jpg
India tested its Anti Satellite missile in 2019
The views were expressed at a webinar titled, ‘Pakistan’s Quest for Peace & Strategic Stability in South Asia’ hosted by the Islamabad Policy Institute (IPI) to commemorate the 23rd anniversary of the 1998 nuclear tests.
In his remarks, the adviser to Strategic Plans Division, Amb Zamir Akram, emphasized that an up-gradation of Pakistani capabilities for maintaining credible deterrence was the need of the hour and critical for upholding the country’s security.

India, the adviser, highlighted, “tested anti-satellite weapons and they are also working on integrating new warfare technologies such as cyber warfare, artificial intelligence, robotics, and lethal autonomous weapons in their arsenal with US support.”
59817763.jpg
Muntra: India’s first unmanned tank
“From military perspective, satellites provide data information that relates to command and control, targeting, surveillance,” he added and stressed and warned that all these could be significantly downgraded if targeted by the opponent.
Pakistan, Amb Akram said, will have to respond to these developments and cannot remain complacent.
Director-General Arms Control and Disarmament Division at the Foreign Office Mr. Kamran Akhtar, while emphasizing this new challenge, said, “militarization of frontier technologies like A.I, cyber warfare, space technologies and quantum computing were casting their dark shades in the region.”
Executive Director Islamabad Policy Institute Prof Sajjad Bokhari suggested that Pakistan continuously prepare to mitigate any threat to its territorial integrity and national sovereignty. However, he also acknowledged that Pakistan’s space program has for long remained under-resourced and neglected. “Time has come to invest in the space technologies to harness their civilian and military potential,” he said.
Source: Daily Times

These days space seems to be the only place left for Indians to get away from COVID-19. Jump into the rockets and off you go.

Pakistan has largely failed to match India’s technological advancement and space domination.
That is what everyone kept saying about Nuclear weapons. But we live to give SURPRISES.

This is actually correct to a large degree but since the intellectual capacity of those making these decisions isn’t always capable of understanding or recognizing these threats there will be no action. Pakistanis have, are and will continue to defeat Pakistan long before an Indian ever gets to it.

This is actually correct to a large degree but since the intellectual capacity of those making these decisions isn’t always capable of understanding or recognizing these threats there will be no action. Pakistanis have, are and will continue to defeat Pakistan long before an Indian ever gets to it.
I remember once walking away from a session with some people in critical positions - saying to myself - the game is no longer in capabilities, the gap at the decision making level is in imagination (the mind). We will believe in the wildest non-scientific falsehood and build a feel good narrative that informs our decision making process. The knowledge gap is massive and even imagination misses the mark at this point.

Gap is increasing fast. They have space program. They can launch satellites. They can use satellites to watch military movement in Pakistan. All this is an eye opener but unfortunately, there is no such project here. It's very sad.

Back
Top Bottom